OT: Notre Dame Must Vacate Football Wins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame Must Vacate Football Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
wow, southbendcane, you're absolutely right. I have no idea why folks here would diss Notre Dame, this being a Notre Dame bulletin board and all....
For me it's because ND is part of the P5 establishment that gets special treatment and acts holier than thou despite plenty of shady baggage. The fact that UConn continues to be ignored during conference realignment and gets sanctioned any time an administrator farts into the wind adds to the frustration that makes it feel like UConn no matter what it does will always be swimming upstream and considered inferior to those aforementioned schools.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Que the sarcasm in 3,2,1,.Seems to be the only team they diss here. Must be a good thing to be so popular. Sorry it offends you that i stand up for my team in the town i was born and raised. Like i said a million times i have respect for UCONN and expect the razzing being on a UCONN board. But i cant just let it fly and not respond. Im sure you folks would do the same. Truth is i hate N.D. in football and love them in everything else.

You must be new around these parts :cool::cool:

Reaction Score
Id rather lose in the National Championship and go 12 and 1 then take a beating every year and not even make a bowl game like the UCONN football team. Fans of a team that has been outscored 92 to 3 in their last 3 games by teams like East Carolina, Temple and Boston College should not be bad mouthing anybody lol. That should qualify you for The Just Shut Up Award.
There is a reason no one likes ND.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Que the sarcasm in 3,2,1,.Seems to be the only team they diss here. Must be a good thing to be so popular. Sorry it offends you that i stand up for my team in the town i was born and raised. Like i said a million times i have respect for UCONN and expect the razzing being on a UCONN board. But i cant just let it fly and not respond. Im sure you folks would do the same. Truth is i hate N.D. in football and love them in everything else.
full-88434-124694-2qla59j.jpg

Reaction Score
Trust me more people hate UCONN womens basketball then N.D. If your not from the east coast or a band wagoner your not a fan. Nothing against them.When your dominant people hate on you. Not to mention their fans love to rub it in .
As for the football team they wouldn't have their own tv contract if everyone hated them. They are every bit loved as they are hated. That is why they are a cash cow. Some watch in hope that they win. Others watch in hope that they lose. Either way their watching.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My bad. They diss Duke quite a bit to. I guess success gives you the right to be critical of everyone else.

Actually I thought the orange letters were a dead giveaway, wasnt really referring to Duke.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I thought this was a basketball forum? A lot of shade on N.D.. Im not a Irish football fan but seems to me not long a go U Conn had some issues with their mens program about grades and graduation rate. Whats the expression? Dont throw stones at glass houses. Might this have something to do with a rivalry with a certain women's basketball program ?

Nice try.

The answer to your question is NO. It has everything to do with routine discussion of wrongdoers like PSU, Baylor, UNC and, yes, Notre Dame.

And when there were issues with the UConn men's program, the NCAA punished it.

I believe the adage you meant to cite was, "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." ;)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My bad. They diss Duke quite a bit to. I guess success gives you the right to be critical of everyone else.
Just a suggestion - you might want to move along from this thread as it seems to be getting a little nasty. I think you're a good visitor and a great addition to the board. Don't mess with that opinion, please.

Reaction Score
If you don't like one part of their program chances are you don't like the whole program .There for if anything bad happens to that program you jump at the chance to drink the hateraid and bad mouth them . In this case if you don't like the women's basketball team and their football team gets in trouble you take the time to start a thread on your women's basketball board. Why else would it be a topic on here? Lets not play dumb. Same reason some Notre Dame women's basketball fans brought up the issue about UCONN'S mens team when they had issues.
I was brought up with ND FB because of my father. I was a Oklahoma and Nebraska fan since I started playing at 10 and still am. I have been a fan of Uconn Men since Dom Perno But also North Carolina in early 70s. A fan of The womens team since 1987 when Geno recruited Laura Lishness from my hometown of Bristol. I never understood fans using hate for other teams, coaches or players. OT was for the NDFB program and the games they will lose because of this situation. Then you put down Uconn FB because they stink(I Agree) But they are Perfect against Notre Dame FB and dont you forget that!

Reaction Score
Just a suggestion - you might want to move along from this thread as it seems to be getting a little nasty. I think you're a good visitor and a great addition to the board. Don't mess with that opinion, please.
It got nasty as soon as it was posted. But of course the guy defending his home town team is the bad guy.Not the people who started the bashing SMH. It's ok. I knew i never had a chance to begin with. But it wont stop me from defending the university. Nor would it stop UCONN fans from defending theirs.

Reaction Score
I was brought up with ND FB because of my father. I was a Oklahoma and Nebraska fan since I started playing at 10 and still am. I have been a fan of Uconn Men since Dom Perno But also North Carolina in early 70s. A fan of The womens team since 1987 when Geno recruited Laura Lishness from my hometown of Bristol. I never understood fans using hate for other teams, coaches or players. OT was for the NDFB program and the games they will lose because of this situation. Then you put down Uconn FB because they stink(I Agree) But they are Perfect against Notre Dame FB and dont you forget that!
Oklahoma and Nebraska fan? Back when Tom and Barry were coaching they were the biggest rivals in football. How did you pull that one off?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Sorry but i have no clue what your talking about? I thought i did. Im done with the subject anyway.

The orange is UTK.... a school that gets bashed on this sub forum much more than ND.

I do find it strange that you hate ND football, but love ND women's basketball. Makes no sense to me.... but oh well.

Reaction Score
Bless your heart.
Yes im such a lost soul.
The orange is UTK.... a school that gets bashed on this sub forum much more than ND.

I do find it strange that you hate ND football, but love ND women's basketball. Makes no sense to me.... but oh well.
Because i live in South Bend and all they talk about is the football team. Other then 2012 they really have not done much to deserve all the credit. There are several other teams at N.D. that have been more successful for quit some time but they don't get half the credit. Our basketball teams have both done really well and if their not on a ESPN channel or on line we don't even get to watch them. Also every other N.D. team is in a conference and shares their success with the other teams to make the conference better as a whole. . But the football team still remains independent with their fat tv contract and just rakes in all the cash for N.D. My brother lived in Miami and my first football game was Miami vs Florida ST and my mom is from Washington State so i pull for the Canes and Huskies in football but i follow N.D. in everything else. Im a season ticket holder for women's basketball and i have friends that coached and played for the team so im a lady irish fan more then anything.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oklahoma and Nebraska fan? Back when Tom and Barry were coaching they were the biggest rivals in football. How did you pull that one off?
Loved the way they both played the game. Only game I didnt pick a winner or loser. I liked both coaches and it was fun watching who would have their team more prepared.

Reaction Score
Loved the way they both played the game. Only game I didnt pick a winner or loser. I liked both coaches and it was fun watching who would have their team more prepared.
They were fun to watch. Wish they would play again. Whole different style of offense but would still be fun to watch.

Reaction Score
So a U Conn fan can put down Notre Dame football. But a Notre Dame fan cant defend his team and put down U Conn football? 1 and 0 vs Notre Dame congratulations. And i will respond with the same thing Husky fans say when N.D. gets a win against them here and there in basketball. How Many Championships Have They Won ?
Just stated a fact.If you noticed I said I grew up on NDF because my father followed them. I also said Uconn FB stinks. I just asked you What does football have to do with womens basketball and you started talking about people hating the NDWB team. That is why I asked that question and still waiting for your answer.

Reaction Score
I answered the question above. The only reason the football team got brought up on here was because of the dislike for the basketball team in my opinion. This is a UConn womens basketball board .Why else would they bring it up.That's what football has to do with basketball. If you noticed i said i thought this was a basketball board why bring up N.D. football myself? I thought other topics none basketball were only during the off season but iv been corrected.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Yes im such a lost soul.

Because i live in South Bend and all they talk about is the football team. Other then 2012 they really have not done much to deserve all the credit. There are several other teams at N.D. that have been more successful for quit some time but they don't get half the credit. Our basketball teams have both done really well and if their not on a ESPN channel or on line we don't even get to watch them. Also every other N.D. team is in a conference and shares their success with the other teams to make the conference better as a whole. . But the football team still remains independent with their fat tv contract and just rakes in all the cash for N.D. My brother lived in Miami and my first football game was Miami vs Florida ST and my mom is from Washington State so i pull for the Canes and Huskies in football but i follow N.D. in everything else. Im a season ticket holder for women's basketball and i have friends that coached and played for the team so im a lady irish fan more then anything.
like the ND Women have:

da0f709f667b183313debd8073eb3322.jpg

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Trust me more people hate UCONN womens basketball then N.D. If your not from the east coast or a band wagoner your not a fan. Nothing against them.When your dominant people hate on you. Not to mention their fans love to rub it in.
FYI - at our company (Silicon Valley) quarterly result meeting. they brought up the UCONN Women's basketball team as an example of excellence and what everyone should aspire to. So I guess not everyone outside of CT hates them,,,

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I answered the question above. The only reason the football team got brought up on here was because of the dislike for the basketball team in my opinion. This is a UConn womens basketball board .Why else would they bring it up.That's what football has to do with basketball. If you noticed i said i thought this was a basketball board why bring up N.D. football myself? I thought other topics none basketball were only during the off season but iv been corrected.
thanks a bad opinion... any controversy with any coach/school involving the NCAA is mentioned here. "OT" was even used, but your defensive stance of anything ND causes you to freak out. We're not going to change our posting style because a visitor feels his/her team is being poked at. Best way for you to avoid that is to not put "TheBoneyard.com in your browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom