OT: Notre Dame Must Vacate Football Wins | The Boneyard

OT: Notre Dame Must Vacate Football Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Notre Dame football must vacate wins for violations by student-trainer
USA TODAY Sports12:31 p.m. EST November 22, 2016

Notre Dame will be forced to vacate victories in the 2012 and 2013 football season due to NCAA violations by a student-trainer.

The NCAA Division I Committee on Infractions panel ruled the trainer violated NCAA ethical conduct rules when she committed academic misconduct for two football players and provided six other players with impermissible academic extra benefits.

[MORE]

Reaction Score
Kind of lucky that they didn't win the NC in 2012, because vacating an NC is so problematic. You can't award it to the other team (Alabama) by default, so you'd not have a NC.

Successful college football programs are almost always a chance discovery away from a significant violation. There are far, far too many moving parts, too many greedy people, and too many absurd rules.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
crying%203.png

I'll just leave this right here :cool:

Reaction Score
Kind of lucky that they didn't win the NC in 2012, because vacating an NC is so problematic. You can't award it to the other team (Alabama) by default, so you'd not have a NC.

Successful college football programs are almost always a chance discovery away from a significant violation. There are far, far too many moving parts, too many greedy people, and too many absurd rules.

Yes, absolutely. I am certain that there is far more academic fraud at Alabama than at ND. it's just more institutionalized and concealed a lot better.

Reaction Score
Lizzie Seeburg, kids falling off scissor lifts, fake cancer stricken girlfriends..... all part of that ND mystique I guess.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
And given they way the NCAA writes their rules, its impossible to seeze without violating some rule somewhere.

And we also know that if the NCAA, aka Emmert, wants to sanction you or slap you on the wrist, he will. Just ask Geno and his call to Monique.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

It didn't happen to Syracuse, it didn't happen to North Carolina; why do you think it would have happened to Notre Dame?

Reaction Score
Funny. In the case of UNC, the NCAA says academic issues are the domain of the university and they don't want to get involved. The only difference I see here is that ND has a TV deal with NBC as an independent versus a deal with ESPN through their conference.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
When a "brand name" (how I dislike that expression) school has ND/UNC issues, it is an "isolated" event, or an administrative slip up, or just a bad break. When anyone else does the same things, a far more appropriate term is typically applied:

Cheating.

Reaction Score
I thought this was a basketball forum? A lot of shade on N.D.. Im not a Irish football fan but seems to me not long a go U Conn had some issues with their mens program about grades and graduation rate. Whats the expression? Dont throw stones at glass houses. Might this have something to do with a rivalry with a certain women's basketball program ?

Reaction Score
I thought this was a basketball forum? A lot of shade on N.D.. Im not a Irish football fan but seems to me not long a go U Conn had some issues with their mens program about grades and graduation rate. Whats the expression? Dont throw stones at glass houses. Might this have something to do with a rivalry with a certain women's basketball program ?
What does college football have anything to do with women's basketball

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Lizzie Seeburg, kids falling off scissor lifts, fake cancer stricken girlfriends..... all part of that ND mystique I guess.

Brian Kelly says he isn't responsible for any of it. Yep, his days in SB are numbered.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
what rivalry?
images

Reaction Score
That's what the O T in the title is for

Reaction Score
And we were punished twice for it, once retroactively. When those others get punished, it will be sweet justice.

Reaction Score

It was rumored nd was in the stadium for that game, but there was no evidence that they showed up.

Reaction Score
Actually, after reading the article, the the punishment might seem a bit harsh. An action by an individual operating on her own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom