OT: No Way to Stream Giants For Free on CBS out of Area? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: No Way to Stream Giants For Free on CBS out of Area?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wfsb had a choice. Patriots or Giants. Given all factors, they chose wisely.

Reaction Score
Wfsb had a choice. Patriots or Giants. Given all factors, they chose wisely.
Actually they didn't have a choice per the NFL network TV contract. They were required to show the Patriots game in it's entirety. If the conflict was on Fox, channel 61 would have shown the Giants game in it's entirety.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually they didn't have a choice per the NFL network TV contract. They were required to show the Patriots game in it's entirety. If the conflict was on Fox, channel 61 would have shown the Giants game in it's entirety.

once they pick a game they have to show it but they get to pick the game they want

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yeah, um. No.

Reaction Score
I've been a Giant fan since 1970...50 years. Those geniuses that run the NFL are finding a way to turn me off from that league. Brilliant marketing, fellas.

Not to be snarky, but Big Blue's quality of play this year (hell, the past 10 seasons) has turned me off to NFL football more than anything the NFL can ever do. )-:

As mentioned earlier:. Type "sub-reddit NFL streams" in Google search. Inside Reddit are links for home and away broadcasts. Once inside those links, DON'T sign up for anything -- there are lots of come-ons. NONE of the live streams should require you to share any information-- and if they do, move to another link. Use incognito Chrome for a plarform. Pretty quickly you'll figure the process. The same works for MLB streams.on Reddit.

I moved to Dallas 3 years ago. I have the MLB package, but the MLB subscription blacks out all Yankee games against the Rangers or Astros home or away. (I could watch the games on local TV, but don't really have any desire to) Reddit has been my go-to to get around it.

Reaction Score
You can see all the networks are pushing their own paid subscription streaming services. I was on the golf course yesterday and couldn’t watch any nfl game through the cbs sports app — which I’ve always been been able to stream whatever sport is on cbs. Had to download the cbs watch app — which once I download is 5.99/ month. Unreal — I already pay for cbs — now I have to pay for their watch app ? Eat — not happening. Come to find out, since I have Verizon I can stream nfl local games through yahoo sports app. Couldn’t get the pats game but got the gmen — thankfully, I was golfing.

Reaction Score
As a Giants fan it's not good when your season is over after 2 games....again. I checked the CBS coverage map and southern Ct near the city had the game of course. Now the debate is when Jones should play. The team will probably not be better with him in but as long as he doesn't get killed in there the experience would help for next year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You can see all the networks are pushing their own paid subscription streaming services. I was on the golf course yesterday and couldn’t watch any nfl game through the cbs sports app — which I’ve always been been able to stream whatever sport is on cbs. Had to download the cbs watch app — which once I download is 5.99/ month. Unreal — I already pay for cbs — now I have to pay for their watch app ? Eat — not happening. Come to find out, since I have Verizon I can stream nfl local games through yahoo sports app. Couldn’t get the pats game but got the gmen — thankfully, I was golfing.

CBS is the only one of the four networks that charges to stream ordinary content. With the others, if you have cable or similar it's free.

There are going to be winners and losers in this game, and CBS looks like a loser.

Husky25

Reaction Score
For the Patriot fans not for the majority in the area.
1) Says who (Because Fox 61, primary rights holders for the NFC on Sunday Afternoon, says otherwise)?

2) CBS is the primary rights holder for the AFC and Local NFC games when they are on the road. The Patriots are the local team for most of Connecticut. They were playing another AFC team. They are a perennial Super Bowl participant (let alone contender), and it's known that the local NFC team stinks on ice. An objective view reveals that there is no argument.

Reaction Score
1) Says who (Because Fox 61, primary rights holders for the NFC on Sunday Afternoon, says otherwise)?

2) CBS is the primary rights holder for the AFC and Local NFC games when they are on the road. The Patriots are the local team for most of Connecticut. They were playing another AFC team. They are a perennial Super Bowl participant (let alone contender), and it's known that the local NFC team stinks on ice. An objective view reveals that there is no argument.

Unlike the bandwagon fans for the Pats the Giant fans still want to watch their team. You guys didn't care for years and yeah you're the team right now but it doesn't make you better fans and we know you're NOT. It's a stupid answer to say "perennial this....and NFC team stinks" but shows who you guys are as fans besides the obvious obnoxious p's of crap!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Unlike the bandwagon fans for the Pats the Giant fans still want to watch their team. You guys didn't care for years and yeah you're the team right now but it doesn't make you better fans and we know you're NOT. It's a stupid answer to say "perennial this....and NFC team stinks" but shows who you guys are as fans besides the obvious obnoxious p's of crap!
It was a network affiliate level decision. Their favorite team wears a shade of green. The name on the front reads, "Federal Reserve Note," and the name on the back reads, " United States of America."

So to say that, "It's a stupid answer to say 'perennial this....and NFC team stinks...'" is misinformed at best. They are indeed factors as to how a network determines how to get the most eyeballs on their station. How the Patriots performed in 1993 has no bearing on Week 2 of the 2019 season.

Reaction Score
It was a network affiliate level decision. Their favorite team wears a shade of green. The name on the front reads, "Federal Reserve Note," and the name on the back reads, " United States of America."

So to say that, "It's a stupid answer to say 'perennial this....and NFC team stinks...'" is misinformed at best. They are indeed factors as to how a network determines how to get the most eyeballs on their station. How the Patriots performed in 1993 has no bearing on Week 2 of the 2019 season.

No one care about how you're performing if there are more or as many Giant fans in an area Giant fans don't want to watch the Pats at all we don't care. Especially when you're still throwing to starters with 2 minutes left to score yet again already up 37-0 no one wants to watch that crap except you guys. And I'm sure you as fans think that's ok. LOL

Anyway we still like to watch our Giants whether they suck or not. They're awful but as a fan like to see what's going to happen. When Belichick leaves and Brady too the #12 jerseys will be there for abiout 2-3 years after then fade into oblivion.

Husky25

Reaction Score
No one care about how you're performing if there are more or as many Giant fans in an area Giant fans don't want to watch the Pats at all we don't care.

But there are not. I am more than pretty sure that the network affiliates have a better way of measuring exposure in Connecticut than your wet thumb in the air from Western Massachusetts (Provided of course that you still reside in that area.).

When Belichick leaves and Brady too the #12 jerseys will be there for abiout 2-3 years after then fade into oblivion.
You're grasping. What happens in 2023 affects 2019 just about as much as 1993 does.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The Giants may have a larger fanbase in most of CT, I'm a Giants fan and I think it'd have been insane for WFSB to pick Giants-Bills yesterday over the Pats.

The blame for that rests with Giants management for making the team into an absolute clown show.

Be better.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was initially happy that I had no problem because we get both WFSB and WCBS, and the Giants-Bills game was on WCBS.

Then I was pissed that I watched it.

Reaction Score
CBS is the only one of the four networks that charges to stream ordinary content. With the others, if you have cable or similar it's free.

There are going to be winners and losers in this game, and CBS looks like a loser.

Agreed. Double charging is not the way to get long term business -- that's just going to frustrate a lot of people

Reaction Score
Without buying some kind of package?
I live in DC and have found a neat hack to watch all the pats games. I have Roku and YTTV on 5 TVs in my house. I've authenticated 4 of them to my local DC market, but had another one authenticated to CT television. I didn't have an android phone at the time (Android allows for location spoofing), so I had my mom go to the authentication link and do it from her house (in Wallyworld).

When YTTV authenticates the password, it pulls the GPS off the authenticating device and delivers the TV for that market. I absolutely hate how the NFL makes you select a certain carrier just to watch out of market games, then forces you to buy a mass-consumption package that I don't want, so I've learned to improvise.

I got really tired of the crappy reddit streams and needed a better solution. I was surprised with how easy it was. I thought I was going to have to get a VPN at the router level to proxy a different location, which was going to cost me $$ and time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom