OT NFL Received Rice Tape in April | The Boneyard

OT NFL Received Rice Tape in April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
AP reported NFL received Tape in April from Law Enforcement and there's a 12 second voice mail tape acknowledging receipt and viewing.

If this is proven true don't see how Roger Goodell keeps his job. Even if he didn't view the tape, he's running an organization that participated in a cover up. Ultimately it his responsibility and the Executive Committee of the NFL will have his head.

Reaction Score
AP reported NFL received Tape in April from Law Enforcement and there's a 12 second voice mail tape acknowledging receipt and viewing.

If this is proven true don't see how Roger Goodell keeps his job. Even if he didn't view the tape, he's running an organization that participated in a cover up. Ultimately it his responsibility and the Executive Committee of the NFL will have his head.

upload_2014-9-10_18-6-37.jpeg

Jane Skinner will be working soon, because her husband will be losing his $44 million dollars a year job

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Not only that he'll receive a Golden Parachute if he does Resign or Fired.

Yeah it's rough. How will they survive on the $~160M he's made so far?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
He really is a (expletive deleted) moron.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Between this and other legal issues, plus the head injuries, the NFL may be a multi-billion dollar dinosaur. Football was my sport for decades, but if the game magically disappeared tomorrow, it would be fine with me. It's become hard for me to follow pro sports, especially football.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Goodell has just canceled an event honoring the Panther's owner, for which he was going to make the presentation.
Raise you hands to answer class…

How many of you think he's toast?

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
What a mess and I wonder who will get to clean this mess up?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's funny (in a sick way) that he's all about "protecting the shield" and all he does is tarnish it. That being said, don't see how this has hurt the NFL's bottom line.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
He really is a (expletive deleted) moron.

I'm curious why you think he (Roger Goodell) is "a expletive deleted moron"? He runs an organization w/ a $327 million budget that has 1,858 employees. Since he became the commissioner, in 2006, NFL revenue has risen from under $6.5 billion to over $10 billion. He has worked in the NFL since 1982 and became COO in 2001. He is credited w/ working on the collective bargaining agreement, league expansion, realignment, stadium development, the launch of the NFL network and new TV contracts.

You might be right, but it is hard to tell due to your complete lack of ANY supporting evidence or documentation.

Wbb & Rocky - you may also be right, but the article above indicates the tape of the violence in the elevator was sent by a law enforcement officer who wants to be anonymous, to an executive he won't name, without police approval or permission. He has a voice mail from an unknown female saying it was received, and viewed by her. How does this makes Goodell a "liar"?

Last edited:

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm curious why you think he (Roger Goodell) is "a expletive deleted moron"? He runs an organization w/ a $327 million budget that has 1,858 employees. Since he became the commissioner, in 2006, NFL revenue has risen from under $6.5 billion to over $10 billion. He has worked in the NFL since 1982 and became COO in 2001. He is credited w/ working on the collective bargaining agreement, league expansion, realignment, stadium development, the launch of the NFL network and new TV contracts.

You might be right, but it is hard to tell due to your complete lack of ANY supporting evidence or documentation.

Rocky - you may also be right, but the article above indicates the tape of the violence in the elevator was sent by a law enforcement officer who wants to be anonymous, to an executive he won't name, without police approval or permission. He has a voice mail from an unknown female saying it was received, and viewed by her. This makes Goodell a "liar" how?

Today, just today David, he (personally) sent a definitive memo to all his bosses stating that his office attempted to obtain the video and was rebuffed by multiple parties.

The AP report is irrefutable evidence that demonstrates that this statement is untrue. He most likely just lied.

The only deniability he has is to now say he was not told, which is going to be very difficult to accept and which also puts him in the position
of showing his lack of leadership and "institutional control" over the organization he is supposed to be managing.

I understand that his business acumen has moved the industry forward.

Tonight, his stupidity, arrogance, whatever is going to get him fired.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Wbb & Rocky - you may also be right, but the article above indicates the tape of the violence in the elevator was sent by a law enforcement officer who wants to be anonymous, to an executive he won't name, without police approval or permission. He has a voice mail from an unknown female saying it was received, and viewed by her. How does this makes Goodell a "liar"?

He provided all the names to the press. He just told them that he did not want them to release those names to the public (because of blowback).

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I do not care about the NFL. How about the court system which is OK with erasing the whole issue of he goes to counseling for a few months. That is something to be outraged about.

All the outrage about a few millionaires, while thousands are getting away with assault.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Goodell said the NFL wanted the tape before making a decision and asked law enforcement "several times" for it. Where did TMZ get it - from the hotel. How did they get it? They asked for it! Goodell implied that the NFL considered the police the only credible source for information, But what were they asking for? A copy of a tape that had been supplied to law enforcement by the hotel, Makes zero sense.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I do not care about the NFL. How about the court system which is OK with erasing the whole issue of he goes to counseling for a few months. That is something to be outraged about.

All the outrage about a few millionaires, while thousands are getting away with assault.

The non millionaires probably get away with less. That's just how it works. The poorer you are, the more duckcked you are.

And yes, the court system this one up good.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Between this and other legal issues, plus the head injuries, the NFL may be a multi-billion dollar dinosaur. Football was my sport for decades, but if the game magically disappeared tomorrow, it would be fine with me. It's become hard for me to follow pro sports, especially football.
seems like the NCAA is running a close 2nd

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
So, in a wave to Penn State, the NY Post says that former FBI boss Mueller will help the NFL investigate itself.
Sure! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So, in a wave to Penn State, the NY Post says that former FBI boss Mueller will help the NFL investigate itself.
Sure! ;)

Exactly. In two to three months a guy hired by Goodell will issue a report to Goodell and owners. The NFL faithful will be totally wrapped up in the season. Ownership will study the report (which will reach no clear conclusion) for another two months and in the of season the NFL will exonerate itself.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score

Well, he is a failure as a systems manager if something that important and that was requested by his office did not end up with his people. Either that or he is an immoral liar playing a grand game of CYA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom