OT: NFL Draft Discussion | The Boneyard

OT: NFL Draft Discussion

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Figured I'd start a thread to chat about draft picks.

I absolutely LOVE Baker at #1. Guy earned it.

Reaction Score
Def better than any of the three QBs. Darnold is a bum and Allen/Rosen are question marks. Barkley will be a sure fire superstar.
If Rosen didn't have the injury history he probably goes #1. I think he'll be good when healthy but will rarely ever play a full season

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
If Rosen didn't have the injury history he probably goes #1. I think he'll be good when healthy but will rarely ever play a full season

Rosen is decent, but like you said injury history. He played on an average team with a bad coach, so can't really blame him for not winning much.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
If football doesn’t work out for Flowers I’m sure there’s a backup PG spot on the Bucks for him.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Every year I stupidly stay up late into the night just to watch the Patriots draft a random o lineman.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I literally watch all or parts of 14 games last season. 12 UConn games, part of the Washington Bowl game (where I first heard of their Dlineman, Vita, I think), and whatever NYD6 game UCF beat Auburn in.

Leisurely sports entertainment is the first thing to go with young children.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Every year I stupidly stay up late into the night just to watch the Patriots draft a random o lineman.
I thought their 2 first rounders were really good and smart picks - another weapon and protection for TB

Reaction Score
A lot of writers are criticizing Barkley to the Giants, saying that at the 2 spot you pick a guy that will be with the organization for 10 years. I know that the RB position can be a gamble and that you need two backs, but I love this pick. Not a Giants fan, but they made the right call, now they need to address the Other line

Reaction Score
Not Dorsey’s best night. You could’ve gotten Mayfield at 4 if you took Barkley at 1. Passing up Chubb at 4 was absurd. Your pass defense starts with a pass rush. Him and Garrett on both edges can make a mediocre CB a Pro Bowler.

Reaction Score
Not Dorsey’s best night. You could’ve gotten Mayfield at 4 if you took Barkley at 1. Passing up Chubb at 4 was absurd. Your pass defense starts with a pass rush. Him and Garrett on both edges can make a mediocre CB a Pro Bowler.

Completely agree with you on their decision to pass on Chubb. You build your defense through the front seven. When a qb has 1 second to throw under pressure it doesn’t matter who is playing cb. Garret and Chubb at the ends would be insane.

I do disagree on Mayfield. If Dorsey graded mayfield as head and shoulders the best qb (and many agree with that assessment.), there is too much risk he is gone at 4.

Reaction Score
A lot of writers are criticizing Barkley to the Giants, saying that at the 2 spot you pick a guy that will be with the organization for 10 years. I know that the RB position can be a gamble and that you need two backs, but I love this pick. Not a Giants fan, but they made the right call, now they need to address the Other line

Barkley was the best prospect in this draft. My issue with the Giants is why didn’t they get rid of Eli and OBJ and start a rebuild. The team, as assembled just doesn’t have the talent to make one last playoff push. Tear it down and rebuild. They could take Barkley at 2 and then trade back into first to take Lamar Jackson.

Reaction Score
Baker is Johnny Football 2.0. Dudes a head case.

I don’t think he is anything like Manziel on the field. Manziel admitted he did little to no preparation when he became a pro. Mayfield is a hard worker with outstanding accuracy. And he has a fiery attitude that reminds me of Phillip Rivers. I think the Browns hit a home run with the pick.

Reaction Score
Guy in my tailgate crew (avid Big Blue fan as am I) last week wanted the Giants to take Sony Michel over Barkley. I replied that they should take Chubb from N.C. State to replace JPP & that Michel would probably be available when they pick in the 2nd round. Last night, as the draft progressed & Michel kept dropping, I started salivating about the Giants having BOTH Barkley & Michel. Then the damned Patriots grabbed him with the penultimate pick of the first round. Sigh, only 3 spots way from sweet dreams.

Reaction Score
Guy in my tailgate crew (avid Big Blue fan as am I) last week wanted the Giants to take Sony Michel over Barkley. I replied that they should take Chubb from N.C. State to replace JPP & that Michel would probably be available when they pick in the 2nd round. Last night, as the draft progressed & Michel kept dropping, I started salivating about the Giants having BOTH Barkley & Michel. Then the damned Patriots grabbed him with the penultimate pick of the first round. Sigh, only 3 spots way from sweet dreams.

You wanted the Giants to take 2 RB’s with their first two picks? That’s a firable offense.

Reaction Score
You wanted the Giants to take 2 RB’s with their first two picks? That’s a firable offense.
Yeah you better run the wishbone and draft a FB while you're at it

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom