OT: New Retail at The Rent | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: New Retail at The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Believe everywhere is a NIMBY as they come. There are ways to deal with it.
Ergo, a football stadium built on an abandoned air strip.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
exactly, what a ty job we did negotiation wise back then. every year we dont have a sponsor its million lost in the wallet.
Are you being purposefully dense? UTC made a gift and one of the few conditions was basically not changing the name. In essence the state gets land worth millions in exchange for letting UTC keep naming rights for a period of time, they could have said "call it UTC Stadium at Rentschler Field" if they wanted. UConn and the State don't have any leverage to negotiate with in this situation. If I bake you a chocolate cake and offer it to you for free, and you say "I will only eat the free cake if you give me your jello shots" I can keep the jello shots and throw the cake in the trash.

Reaction Score
I wish they would concentrate on getting more recent alum to the games. Not many grads staying here. If this helps by all means.

A bus direct to and from NYC/Boston with a place to stay and a way for the guests to tailgate. Not a bad idea.

I think that UCONN sports is past its heyday. We have to compete with everything else for $$$/disposable income. Not much creativity has gone into selling the program. I hope that they don't add seats and then not be sold out.

This can't hurt.

Reaction Score
HFD its called the freaking time value of money. I am sure the state saw that they could get $x in a payment stream from 1998 until 2018 in naming rights, but if you discount all those back and they don't equal the amount of the gift in the land then what the hell does it matter??

Reaction Score
sell the rent. its easily sellable to 2 ppl that will not hurt uconn. pro soccer will not hurt uconn and nascar wont hurt uconn. sell it to a dveleoper or a franchise or something.

no puck, bball or baseball and clealry fball is a never gonna happen...get rid of the minor league teams d league teams and all that from new haven and north. ppl want sports, friday night u pack the puck rink where ever that is and root on uconn kicking psu's ass or something. spring time go watch a lax or baseball or softball game. time to turn this state around and stop the yankee confrernce thinking.

florida was a bs nobody 30 years ago. look now. they get it down there. we can do that same stuff if we had a real vision.

Yea. Because there are no professional sports teams in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom