OT: New Retail at The Rent | The Boneyard

OT: New Retail at The Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the state is trying to kill our program before CR can. this is a frucking football field and tailgate lot, not some pretty frucking mall setup with a fball field in the parking lot. chesus. knock the place down and lets build one on campus next to dts somewhere. then lets get a 15 k bball arena and a puck barn in there also. fruck this state and its idiot leftie leaders.

i beg to know why we can't just have nice normal things like the rest of the big boys. its just amazing how many ppl want to ruin this school over and over again so it never becomes a big boy. is cabelas a cool store? sure, but i dont frucking want it within 2 miles of my cheeseburger and tailgate.

)*@*)+$&!$+))+~)$*)~*~FUC#*#*#*$+@*$+~*$+

Reaction Score
the state is trying to kill our program before CR can. this is a frucking football field and tailgate lot, not some pretty frucking mall setup with a fball field in the parking lot. chesus. knock the place down and lets build one on campus next to dts somewhere. then lets get a 15 k bball arena and a puck barn in there also. fruck this state and its idiot leftie leaders.

i beg to know why we can't just have nice normal things like the rest of the big boys. its just amazing how many ppl want to ruin this school over and over again so it never becomes a big boy. is cabelas a cool store? sure, but i dont frucking want it within 2 miles of my cheeseburger and tailgate.

)*@*)+$&!$+))+~)$*)~*~FUC#*#*#*$+@*$+~*$+

I don't see how development of a blueback square type deal there could possibly detract from the stadium. You're talking about jobs and getting people to come there. As much as we would like to think so, there are not 50k boneyard-nuts type fans out there. If some development around the stadium can attract people to the area, I don't see any downside here, Dan. Except that it hurts your sensibilities about having to look at something other than a defunct runway while we get blasted on rocks and wings?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
HFD... You know it ain't gonna happen.

I think developing the area around the Rent is definitely a good thing (don't affect my tailgating though- agree there.) Ideally, you do a bunch of retail, hotel, etc... Then leave room for an XL center replacement.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't see how development of a blueback square type deal there could possibly detract from the stadium. You're talking about jobs and getting people to come there. As much as we would like to think so, there are not 50k boneyard-nuts type fans out there. If some development around the stadium can attract people to the area, I don't see any downside here, Dan. Except that it hurts your sensibilities about having to look at something other than a defunct runway while we get blasted on rocks and wings?

adding that stuff doesn't create uconn fans. it creates ppl who like the place who then say, omg if that stadium wasn't here this would be so much better reasons. and then they start making excuse about only day games and no soccer or concerts and so on. its a trap.

whats the land in storrs between the wlot and red rock? it has like eco grass or something in a small part of it. get me a tractor and a bulldozer and i'll go to work. its doesn't take a scientist to figure out we have done everything to date wrong with our facilities. buit gampel small. xl is and will never get redone correctly. its a half hour away and breeds a fanbase culture of lazyness. the rent was wrong and its small and its in hartford. sorry, truth hurts. puck? we need a barn now.

other schools brings alums and fans and families onto campus 70% of the weekend in a year. u want to talk about breeding culture/fanbase and also donations? thats how u do it. alums coming backl over and over seeing and doing things. thats the $ flow. kids being there 30 times before hs college trips happen, guess what, they already know uconn is that place. family coems and tailgates and partys ith them for games, its close, u loved it dince u were 5 and so on.

how big land wise is the rent setup. i mean like the whole place i know its big... well they need to build a triangle and stop doing pussyass . 60k parking spots with the fball stadium(60k) at the point. the puck barn in one cirner and the bball arena in the other. do them up and do them right. the bball arean doesn't need to host anything accept 45 bball games a year. close packed seats to the court. 15k with 5k of that being a serious student section. lets mold culture here. puck barn. 5 k is plenty. get inspiration from the whale and other big time schools. do it up. fball stadium, lets not build a concrete erector set and do something with a bit of southern fball tastse with uconn/new england architecture so it all flows. recruits families need to look at it and say, i wan to spend my weekend here.

were willing to spend millions on a mall and some apartments or w/e and billions to get into the aau, so dont even yell at me for the 200mil we can get lla this done for together in 1 big project. u want to go B1G????? i bet this is worth more than other investments.

aaaaahhhhh!!!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Make it Storrs Place... Get a Bidwell outpost there, DP Dough, Co-Op shop... Make it feel connected to campus in some way.

if we can knock all of hartford down, then we can move storrs there and uconn can be in the center of the state. i see that as a better investment then the billions for a try at aau. i mean every crack heads paper box to the office buildings. completely knock hartford down. start from scratch. if i ever get rrich, after i buy butch a hous ein colorado, im going to level that city and move uconn there becuase its leaders can't figure it out. we need 1 campus with 1 huge set up. not 15 little set ups. the whole state sytem of colleges needs to be redone becuase it was all done wrong years ago.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Make it Storrs Place... Get a Bidwell outpost there, DP Dough, Co-Op shop... Make it feel connected to campus in some way.
Not to go all quoting myself here, but then instead of moving UConn Hartford downtown, you bring it over to this retail mix around the Rent. Much more likely to bring a campus feel to the Rent than to bring the Rent up to Storrs. It ain't happening.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Not to go all quoting myself here, but then instead of moving UConn Hartford downtown, you bring it over to this retail mix around the Rent. Much more likely to bring a campus feel to the Rent than to bring the Rent up to Storrs. It ain't happening.

u can't fix all the issues becuase they are all so dumb. its amazing how many silly things have combined in planning over 30 years to create 1 big sandwich. no matter how much u try, uconn continues to f itself more instead of help itself molding things over time...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with this. If they are smart they'd incorporate a walking plaza, with a sports (or better yet UConn) theme rather than make it your standard concrete box surrounded by asphalt with a common drive. Throw in a Buffalo Wild Wings and an ESPN cafe. It could work.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Guys, this has been the plan for years. It was part of the original deal with UT for the Rent. It's why all the parking has been migrating east all these years.

It's a testament to the developers horrible execution that it hasn't been built yet.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with this. If they are smart they'd incorporate a walking plaza, with a sports (or better yet UConn) theme rather than make it your standard concrete box surrounded by asphalt with a common drive. Throw in a Buffalo Wild Wings and an ESPN cafe. It could work.

right now i wouldnt let espn any where near my fball program if its them making a dime of a fans drink.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ted's. BOOM!

Maybe like a Dave and Busters too.

Reaction Score
It's a testament to the developers horrible execution that it hasn't been built yet.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

The worst economy in decades didn't help.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Dan, I know you are frustrated. And I know you mean well. But if it involves 1) leveling Storrs, 2) Leveling Hartford, 3) Leveling the Rent... Why type it? Those are 3 things that will NEVER happen. Doesn't mean we can't be "big time". Just gotta work with those minimal constraints. It can be done. Make East Hartford a mini Storrs... Make it the largest satellite branch... And I think you are on to something.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Dan, I know you are frustrated. And I know you mean well. But if it involves 1) leveling Storrs, 2) Leveling Hartford, 3) Leveling the Rent... Why type it? Those are 3 things that will NEVER happen. Doesn't mean we can't be "big time". Just gotta work with those minimal constraints. It can be done. Make East Hartford a mini Storrs... Make it the largest satellite branch... And I think you are on to something.

i want to level hartford:D

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Haha you and a few others I imagine. :) I think 91 and 84 should be buried underground in our own "Big Dig"... Doesn't mean that'll happen. :)

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Haha you and a few others I imagine. :) I think 91 and 84 should be buried underground in our own "Big Dig"... Doesn't mean that'll happen. :)

i didn't have a big dig in mind, but now im adding it to my plans. after i level hartford, im then diging another 3 stories down. rage!!!

images

Reaction Score
HFD-you go on and on about putting all new facilities on campus without mentioning the three largest deterrents to that ever happening. 1) Finances. 2) Infrastructure (highway/road improvements, see also: #1) and 3) opposition from residents. Like it or not, the majority of people in this state don't care about big time college athletics and UConn's place in that world.

I'm beginning to think you and forte are the same person. All you do is complain.

And your frustrations are aimed in the wrong direction. You think going to football games on campus is what will keep alumni around? CT has one of the worst brain drains in the country. Our HS grads tend to leave for college and most don't come back. Our UConn grads tend to leave the state, and most don't come back. We aren't going to fix that with an on campus stadium.

What will help with that, huge entertainment areas, combined with quality jobs, quality schools, quality recreation, and affordable living, and you have a good chance to keep those grads in state. It will all be a waste, however, if the state doesn't stop encouraging businesses to leave due to the insane tax burden we place on companies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
HFD-you go on and on about putting all new facilities on campus without mentioning the three largest deterrents to that ever happening. 1) Finances. 2) Infrastructure (highway/road improvements, see also: #1) and 3) opposition from residents. Like it or not, the majority of people in this state don't care about big time college athletics and UConn's place in that world.

I'm beginning to think you and forte are the same person. All you do is complain.

And your frustrations are aimed in the wrong direction. You think going to football games on campus is what will keep alumni around? CT has one of the worst brain drains in the country. Our HS grads tend to leave for college and most don't come back. Our UConn grads tend to leave the state, and most don't come back. We aren't going to fix that with an on campus stadium.

What will help with that, huge entertainment areas, combined with quality jobs, quality schools, quality recreation, and affordable living, and you have a good chance to keep those grads in state. It will all be a waste, however, if the state doesn't stop encouraging businesses to leave due to the insane tax burden we place on companies.

exactly. the whole state north of new haven needs to be leveled. hartford needs to bcome a small boston type and uconn needs to be a real big school 20 minutes down the road where everyone gets our of work or up in the morning and drives with ease hig way wise.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Gotta think part of the reason retail hasn't happened despite plans for it, is because developers look at the stadium and see it being used 6-8 times a year. 6 UConn home games, a soccer or rugby game, no more Colonials (not that anybody went), no more concerts. Maybe a cancer awareness walk in the parking lot. That's not enough to make it an appealing site for retail for anyone except Cabela's who can attract their clientele from a 100 mile radius. I was thinking the other day that there should be a UConn Co-op branch or an independent Huskywear type store in the vicinity, but I doubt they'd be able to make enough from game days to pay rent for the rest of the year. So it has to be a full-fledged development that can compete with Buckland Hills and draw customers in for a variety of stores on the 359 days of the year that don't have home games scheduled. Having a hotel or three on site would help Rentschler, I'd imagine.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
if u can't eat it, sleep with it, shoot it, race it, ball it or spend it up here in the big C we just dont need it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom