OT: New avatar | The Boneyard

OT: New avatar

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I changed my avatar again and, as requested, am posting to explain who is in the photo.

When my youngest son came home from college before Christmas, he told my husband and me that there were some great series on Netflix. One, Stranger Things, features a young girl named Eleven. Eleven is the girl in my avatar.

Stranger Things is a sci fi/horror series that is extremely well done. It's a PG type horror so it's safe for all. There's only one gross scene in Season One and it wasn't that bad. We found out that the Duffer Brothers, who created the series, said that they got some advice from Stephen King and once we learned that, we could see the King influence, juxtaposing the ordinary with the supernatural. We are hooked and rather bereft because Season 3 won't be released until late 2018 or early 2019.

We started working our way through Daredevil. Definitely not PG. We tried The Crown and while the production is gorgeous, it's too PBS'y for people that were watching something a bit more exciting.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I saw some jokes saying that UFC strawweight champion "Thug" Rose Namajunas looks like Eleven and now I can't unsee it.

16e11e81023201e4c84aaa90dc1965e4--rose-namajunas-shaved-heads.jpg

Reaction Score
NAN I love the new avatar.

I'm a huge fan of the show. Google young Max Guevara from Dark Angel. The similarities are absolutely uncanny in looks and character.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I liked 11 a lot. She is well played by the young actress. It's a fun show for sure. If you have Hulu, your kids might enjoy "The Runaways". It's a Marvel production and pretty PG IMHO, but well acted and they go deep in exploring the characters etc.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I liked 11 a lot. She is well played by the young actress. It's a fun show for sure. If you have Hulu, your kids might enjoy "The Runaways". It's a Marvel production and pretty PG IMHO, but well acted and they go deep in exploring the characters etc.
My kids are 23 and 20, believe it or not. They watch what they want.

I say believe it or not because long time posters have been hearing about my kids since they were toddlers. Heck, I can’t believe they’re 23 and 20!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
My kids are 23 and 20, believe it or not. They watch what they want.

I say believe it or not because long time posters have been hearing about my kids since they were toddlers. Heck, I can’t believe they’re 23 and 20!
Oooh. The only reason I phrased it that way was because you spent some time in your OP talking about the show being PG and only having 1 scene that was questionable etc. LOL. I did not know you had kids that age. Congrats!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I changed my avatar again and, as requested, am posting to explain who is in the photo.

When my youngest son came home from college before Christmas, he told my husband and me that there were some great series on Netflix. One, Stranger Things, features a young girl named Eleven. Eleven is the girl in my avatar.

Stranger Things is a sci fi/horror series that is extremely well done. It's a PG type horror so it's safe for all. There's only one gross scene in Season One and it wasn't that bad. We found out that the Duffer Brothers, who created the series, said that they got some advice from Stephen King and once we learned that, we could see the King influence, juxtaposing the ordinary with the supernatural. We are hooked and rather bereft because Season 3 won't be released until late 2018 or early 2019.

We started working our way through Daredevil. Definitely not PG. We tried The Crown and while the production is gorgeous, it's too PBS'y for people that were watching something a bit more exciting.
Great show and Millie Bobbie Brown, who plays Eleven is quite gifted. The entire cast is very good.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I saw some jokes saying that UFC strawweight champion "Thug" Rose Namajunas looks like Eleven and now I can't unsee it.

16e11e81023201e4c84aaa90dc1965e4--rose-namajunas-shaved-heads.jpg
One of my favorite UFC women.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Never really watched Voyager (maybe I should have). Wife watched House all the time. (and of course I liked his smart@ssery).

Reaction Score
'two ones', 'one one' or simply 'ones'... a good number

I still have a personal affinity to it from years ago when it was worn by a fav young athlete I followed...when they were young that is. :)

Reaction Score

I got hooked quickly on Stranger Things. Hard to believe that Milly is 13 years old.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I am not objecting to this thread at all, but I am struggling to understand it. Whoa... ;-)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I am not objecting to this thread at all, but I am struggling to understand it. Whoa... ;-)
LOL. Do I have to explain everything?

What thread (old Twilight Zone theme in the background)?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom