OT: NBA Summer League | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Summer League

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Trae Young is gonna be a bust. And no, I'm not basing that off this game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Jaren Jackson got a terribly ugly shot, but if it translates, man he's going to be good.

Reaction Score
Some interesting moves by the Hawks on draft night. Had Doncic put traded for Young and a pick I think, not sure. But regardless gave up maybe the top talent in the draft.

Young with two horrendous 3's to open the night

Didn't Jackson shoot like 30-40 % from three? Ugly but I guess it goes in

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Bam Adebayo is playing out of his mind. Didn't watch much Miami last year and he has a much better handle than I expected.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Any particular reason? Because I think he'll be the best player from this class

Even I could've hit rim more often than he did tonight.

Reaction Score
Even I could've hit rim more often than he did tonight.
I didn't see any of tonight's game so I have no idea how he looked tonight. But apparently not good

Reaction Score
What an impressive debut from Jaren Jackson. 8 threes? That's nuts.

I am really rooting for Brimah. TL too, but less so.

Reaction Score
Bam Adebayo is playing out of his mind. Didn't watch much Miami last year and he has a much better handle than I expected.
He's way more skilled than I thought too. 72% FT, good rebounder, and was really solid passer for a rookie big (limited turnovers as well). A lot of people thought he was a reach at 14, but it doesn't seem like it.

Reaction Score
Some interesting moves by the Hawks on draft night. Had Doncic put traded for Young and a pick I think, not sure. But regardless gave up maybe the top talent in the draft.

Young with two horrendous 3's to open the night

Didn't Jackson shoot like 30-40 % from three? Ugly but I guess it goes in

40% from long range I believe. Very impressive.

Reaction Score
It's a meaningless summer league game but it still shows the stark difference between the NBA game and the college game. JJJ hits 8 threes last night yet he couldn't score a single FG against Syracuse's zone in the tournament. You'd think he would have been able to kill that zone at 6'11" and just shoot over the top of it. I don't think he even took a three that game.

Reaction Score
Why?
I just think he's a perfect fit for the modern NBA, especially if he ever shows any sort of improvement on defense. Likely doesn't reach the ceiling, but ceiling is Boston IT, floor is PHX IT

Reaction Score
I just think he's a perfect fit for the modern NBA, especially if he ever shows any sort of improvement on defense. Likely doesn't reach the ceiling, but ceiling is Boston IT, floor is PHX IT

Fair enough. IT isn't a great comp though, imo. Trae is more a short steph.

He's a good shooter. What else translates to the NBA?

Not trying to be snarky. I genuinely don't know. My friends are trying to convince me he has potential but I just dont see it.

Reaction Score
Fair enough. IT isn't a great comp though, imo. Trae is more a short steph.

He's a good shooter. What else translates to the NBA?

Not trying to be snarky. I genuinely don't know. My friends are trying to convince me he has potential but I just dont see it.
I think his passing/vision is something that's been overlooked/underrated in terms of the college to NBA jump. With good teammates and the defense not being able to key on him every time down the court I'd expect him to look to pass a lot more than he did during college.

Reaction Score
I think his passing/vision is something that's been overlooked/underrated in terms of the college to NBA jump. With good teammates and the defense not being able to key on him every time down the court I'd expect him to look to pass a lot more than he did during college.

What about the turnovers and defense?

First rational yard conversation I've had. I'm so confused...

Reaction Score
What about the turnovers and defense?

First rational yard conversation I've had. I'm so confused...
That's the big concern for me is the defense, I'm not sure he'll be able to overcome the size to ever be a good enough defender. I definitely have my doubts there.

As for the turnovers I probably disregard them too much. I view Young's turnover issues pretty much how I view Jalen's issues the past 2 years. He had the ball in his hands so much that the turnovers looked worse. May turn out to be wrong and he can't be trusted as more than a scorer off the bench, but I'm optimistic he can fix it

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Amida with 8 and 11 tonight in just 17 minutes. 4 fouls, though.

I know it’s not great competition, but he’s owned the glass in the first two games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Boston IT isn't the best player from any draft class imo.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Brimah is on his way toward earning a spot in training camp.

Reaction Score
Boston IT isn't the best player from any draft class imo.
Boston IT averaged 25 and 6, was a 2 time All Star (in 2 years), All NBA 2nd team, and finished 5th in MVP voting in 2017. It ended up not being sustainable, but that's a pretty great outcome for a player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom