OT: NBA Quarterfinals | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
James said:
just tuned in. brad beal is an boss. so is horford. Didn't we cross paths with muscala vs bucknell?

Yeah - I had no idea he made it until recently when I heard his name in the background of a game I was half paying attention to.

We beat that team by 40 and they were actually pretty dangerous. They had a shooting big good enough to make the NBA and a really good defender to put on Kemba. They just game planned to shut Kemba down with collapsing D and we shredded them with corner threes.

Reaction Score
Roscoe went off on them with mid range jumpers IIRC. Kind of came out of nowhere because he was never really an offensive threat.

Reaction Score
Yeah - I had no idea he made it until recently when I heard his name in the background of a game I was half paying attention to.

We beat that team by 40 and they were actually pretty dangerous. They had a shooting big good enough to make the NBA and a really good defender to put on Kemba. They just game planned to shut Kemba down with collapsing D and we shredded them with corner threes.
in fact we crossed paths with another on the rise nba player demare carroll for the hawks( butchered spelling). mizzou game, the kemba game. carolle now a terrific 3pt shooter and defender, will get nearly 8-12 mill a year on his next contract.

I actually like muscalas potential , reminds me a bit of draymond green. less fire though, and overall aggressiveness.

Reaction Score
in fact we crossed paths with another on the rise nba player demare carroll for the hawks( butchered spelling). mizzou game, the kemba game. carolle now a terrific 3pt shooter and defender, will get nearly 8-12 mill a year on his next contract.

I actually like muscalas potential , reminds me a bit of draymond green. less fire though

I haven't watched close to enough of Muscala to have an idea if he can stick, but damn, he plays HARD and with decisiveness. Every pick set is intended to knock a guy over and he sprints as hard as he can each change of possession. Demarre was a bum before he got to ATL. Their player development is terrific - I think a lot of ATL fans give credit to Quinn Snyder.

Reaction Score
Roscoe went off on them with mid range jumpers IIRC. Kind of came out of nowhere because he was never really an offensive threat.
i'm not really sure why scoe never accepted his role later in his career. he could have played in the nba for years if he worked on certain things as a stretch 4. ( awareness on offense and ball handling). in the new age nba he could have been something. maybe he will someday, still a young guy.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched close to enough of Muscala to have an idea if he can stick, but damn, he plays HARD and with decisiveness. Every pick set is intended to knock a guy over and he sprints as hard as he can each change of possession. Demarre was a bum before he got to ATL. Their player development is terrific - I think a lot of ATL fans give credit to Quinn Snyder.
alot of nba guys love snyder. dont have much of an opinion on him, other than how awesome gobert has become. Muscala is definitely a guy to keep an eye in the next few years.

Reaction Score
This is some game. Lebron is the best transition passer i've ever seen, he's like a mix between magic + karl malone + drexler (extended arm finishes around the paint). found james jones on some magical spot ups. Kyrie is banged up, but honestly delly might be enough for the cavs to close this out. he can provide great defense on not so speedy rose, all while being terrible on offense that is. kyrie is one tough bastard, love that dukie

Reaction Score
Anybody else see that foul called on Chicago like ten seconds after J.R. Smith had released the ball?

It was probably the right call but still.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I watch a ton of NBA ad have for over 30 yrs. First, LBJ is an awesome player no doubt. However, the calls that he and his team have been getting are borderline criminal. It reminds me of the old Celtic/Lakers rivalry where the refs were doing all they could to push Magic and the Lakers over the top - fortunately the Celtics had much firepower and could, on shear desire heart and talent to win a fair share. Chicago is game but even if the calls were 50/50, they would struggle, under current health conditions to win 40% of games vs Cavs never mind a series. LBJ and the Cavs don't need to be receiving all these gifts. If I was Tibs, I'd be ballistic. I was really hoping for a Spurs and Cavs final.

Reaction Score
This is some game. Lebron is the best transition passer i've ever seen, he's like a mix between magic + karl malone + drexler (extended arm finishes around the paint). found james jones on some magical spot ups. Kyrie is banged up, but honestly delly might be enough for the cavs to close this out. he can provide great defense on not so speedy rose, all while being terrible on offense that is. kyrie is one tough bastard, love that dukie

Not Tonight lol.

Reaction Score
Is there a more overrated team then the Bulls, was I the only one that predicted Cleveland to win this series? I predicted Cleveland because Lebron owns the Bulls, absolutely owns them.

Reaction Score
Is there a more overrated team then the Bulls, was I the only one that predicted Cleveland to win this series? I predicted Cleveland because Lebron owns the Bulls, absolutely owns them.

Something is clearly off about them, and has been all year.

Noah is either seriously injured or about to submit one of the biggest one-year regressions in NBA history. Pau Gasol pulled his hamstring in game three and wasn't right tonight. And then of course Rose, who will probably never be the same.

Can't use the injuries as an excuse, though, with Love out and Irving playing at 50%. I'll admit I was wrong on this series, I thought Chicago had the better roster. Shumpert, Thompson, Mosgov, and to a lesser extent Smith were all huge - I have to give Griffin a ton of credit for remaking the team on the fly like that.

Reaction Score
Shumpert, Thompson, Mosgov, and to a lesser extent Smith were all huge - I have to give Griffin a ton of credit for remaking the team on the fly like that.
Don't forget Phil. If the Cavs win he deserves another ring.

Reaction Score

Noah is either seriously injured or about to submit one of the biggest one-year regressions in NBA history. Pau Gasol pulled his hamstring in game three and wasn't right tonight. And then of course Rose, who will probably never be the same.

Can't use the injuries as an excuse, though, with Love out and Irving playing at 50%. I'll admit I was wrong on this series, I thought Chicago had the better roster. Shumpert, Thompson, Mosgov, and to a lesser extent Smith were all huge - I have to give Griffin a ton of credit for remaking the team on the fly like that.

I just picked Cleveland because they have Lebron and Chicago doesn't, I definitely didn't see the series ending like this a blowout on Chicago's home court, Drose needed to play like MVP Rose for Chicago to win this series.

Reaction Score
I'm embarrassed to be a Bulls fan, they just got waxed by Dellavadova, Shumpert, Mosgov and James Jones. Disgraceful performance, well we know Thibs is gone, the question is who else?

Reaction Score
As a Bulls fan I'm glad to see Thibs , if the speculation is true, the Pelicans better be very careful before they hand over their franchise player (who has been nicked up during his short career so far) to that dude.

Reaction Score

Pau is a stud, led the league in double doubles and his injury makes him exempt from criticism. Rose is just way too inconsistent and doesn't seem to get everyone involved, Noah had the worst series I've maybe ever seen, I stopped counting Noah missed layups this series at 16. Bulls have a bunch of good players that would fit better someplace else. Thibs knows he's out of here and coached like he didn't give a tonight. Mirotic was horrendous this series but he and Butler are the only guys I wouldn't think about getting rid of.

Reaction Score
Pau is a stud, led the league in double doubles and his injury makes him exempt from criticism.
Yeah, but I'm not sure he made the team better. If I'm Chicago I dangle him to New York, Boston or maybe Charlotte for picks, and give his minutes to Mirotic - a younger, floor-stretching 4 who can make corner threes. The Bulls were most dangerous when they were small vs. Cleveland, but even after trading Gasol away they'd still have the ability to play big:

PG: Rose
SG: Butler
SF: Dunleavy
PF: Gibson
C: Noah

6th man: Mirotic

Then they need to give Snell more minutes, hope that McDermott develops, and spend at least one of their picks on a Dakari Johnson-type to lessen Noah's regular season load.

I don't think they're an A+ contender, but even after tonight's collapse this isn't a roster that demands to be blown up. Use Gasol as an asset to get more youth and depth, and they'll compete for another five years.

Reaction Score
Epic choke going on with the Clippers, they were steamrolling the Rockets by 19 and now they are about to lose at home, game 7 going back to Houston?!??

Reaction Score
Epic choke going on with the Clippers, they were steamrolling the Rockets by 19 and now they are about to lose at home, game 7 going back to Houston?!??
Reddick had 3 chances to make a huge shot - 2 open 3s and a drive - to stop the bleeding during this run, and he bricked all of them.

Somebody must've told him it's senior night.

Reaction Score
Can't ever remember seeing anything like this. I know Reddick, Barnes, and Crawford all bricked open shots but where in the hell were CP3 and Blake in the 4th? Just when I was ready to let CP3 off the hook after that epic game 7 performance, if they choke this series away...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom