OT: NBA Finals | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
GSW dodged a bullet, and this may be the series. LBJ needed to drive on the last play, not take a contested shot. So it goes to OT, and Kyrie Irving gets hurt in a blow out OT loss, and he's already made out of glass - he's not going to be effective, if he plays at all. Ouch. Looks like it wasn't meant to be for the Cavs.
One thing was made clear in game 1 - anybody who thinks Curry is more valuable to the Ws than LBJ is to the Cavs is smoking crack.

Reaction Score
Damn this sucks, I knew Kyrie was never 100 percent but this isn't fair as a sports fan, I don't even care who wins this series just wanna see a good one.

Reaction Score
GSW dodged a bullet, and this may be the series. LBJ needed to drive on the last play, not take a contested shot. So it goes to OT, and Kyrie Irving gets hurt in a blow out OT loss. Ouch. Looks like it wasn't meant to be for the Cavs.

its game 1 @ oracle pump the breaks

Reaction Score
If Kyrie is hurt there is close to zero change the Cavs can win. Delavedova is a gamer, but he looked like TSam bringing the ball up when Curry/Thompson were guarding him. Sorry to say it, game 1 or not, but it was going to be tough for the Cavs to win WITH a healthy Irving. Regarding Irving's health, see this thread . . . ----> LINK. This guy is just never going to be healthy. Counting on him to be healthy in the Finals, after a grueling season, is a huge gamble.

Last edited:

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Realisitically, Cavs have zero shot of winning without Irving. So yeah, it may be the series.

Reaction Score
If Kyrie is hurt there is close to zero change the Cavs can win. Delavedova is a gamer, but he looked like TSam bringing the ball up when Curry/Thompson were guarding him. Sorry to say it, game 1 or not, but it was going to be tough for the Cavs to win WITH a healthy Irving.
Realisitically, Cavs have zero shot of winning without Irving. So yeah, it may be the series.

he injured his knee like 20 min ago there has been no diagnosis other than 'tweaked left knee'. I do agree if he's out for the series they are clearly done.

Reaction Score
This is what I feared Lebron having a monster performance but GS being the far better team.

Reaction Score
Cavs are gonna have to put Kyrie on a D Wade type program limiting the amount of games and minutes he plays going forward.

Reaction Score
HATE that call so much in the league. curry went out of his way OUT of his shooting form to get a call. foh
Kemba and Shabazz lived off of that.

Reaction Score
Cavs are gonna have to put Kyrie on a D Wade type program limiting the amount of games and minutes he plays going forward.
he's played in a ton of regular season games the past two years, also fiba. 22 years old, he'll be fine. remember when curry had glass ankles and took a crap contract?

Reaction Score
If Kyrie is hurt there is close to zero change the Cavs can win. Delavedova is a gamer, but he looked like TSam bringing the ball up when Curry/Thompson were guarding him. Sorry to say it, game 1 or not, but it was going to be tough for the Cavs to win WITH a healthy Irving. Regarding Irving's health, see this thread . . . ----> LINK. This guy is just never going to be healthy. Counting on him to be healthy in the Finals, after a grueling season, is a huge gamble.
Agreed.

Reaction Score
When I saw that, it almost reminded me of the end of the recent Super Bowl.
It was great D by Iguadola but bad offense by Lebron, as soon as Iggy pressured him Lebron faded away to the three point line and took a terrible percentage shot, he abolutely needs to drive there.

Reaction Score
This is what I feared Lebron having a monster performance but GS being the far better team.
Dude what? LeBron did exactly what he did against the GSWs in the game in February. I expected him to go high 30s. He'll probably do it every game. The Ws have nobody who can even slow him down. The GSWs were one shot away from losing this game. At Home. How can you rationalize that they are the "far" better team?
That said, if the Cavs lose Irving, the Ws may win by 30 the next three games, because the Cavs are going to mail it in once it's clear they can't win.

Reaction Score
he's played in a ton of regular season games the past two years, also fiba. 22 years old, he'll be fine. remember when curry had glass ankles and took a crap contract?
He's missed a ton of games over the years, at least with Steph it was limited to his ankles, Kyrie has literally been injured from head to toe since college. I think a management program is going overboard but how is this dude going to hold up over a full season of deep playoff runs?

n5b7Kg0.jpg

Reaction Score
Dude what? LeBron did exactly what he did against the GSWs in the game in February. I expected him to go high 30s. He'll probably do it every game. The Ws have nobody who can even slow him down. The GSWs were one shot away from losing this game. At Home. How can you rationalize that they are the "far" better team?
That said, if the Cavs lose Irving, the Ws may win by 30 the next three games, because the Cavs are going to mail it in once it's clear they can't win.

The first part of your post is on point. The Cavs will have a chance if Lebron is ridiculous, and he will be, I really think he is the GOAT. The past about the Cavs mailing it in - that is dumb.

Reaction Score

Im obviously referring to Kyrie being hurt, and you just said it the Cavs "were" one shot away from losing this game but where are they now? GS gets easier buckets then the Cavs do. I welcome a great series but I am fearful of GS making it a 5 game series.

Reaction Score
It was great D by Iguadola
Yeah, no. It was good D. LeBron took a tough shot, even without a man on him. And he wasn't "getting away" with anything more than what happens every day in the NBA. If anything, people constantly hammer him because of his size and it doesn't get whistled as much as it would for other players. You're clearly a die-hard GSW fan, and this looks like your year, so enjoy it, but your analysis of your own team is like Dick Vitale assessing Duke.

Reaction Score
GS gets easier buckets then the Cavs do.
Really? I saw LeBron hit about 10 shots from 3 feet away. Doesn't get much easier than that. Barnes and Ig. went 5 for 8 from 3 and the team shot 90% from the line. That was the difference in regulation.

Reaction Score
Really? I saw LeBron hit about 10 shots from 3 feet away. Doesn't get much easier than that. Barnes and Ig. went 5 for 8 from 3 and the team shot 90% from the line. That was the difference in regulation.

Look at both teams offenses and tell me with a straight face that GS doesn't get easier buckets then Cleveland, easier buckets don't always mean layups it also includes open 3's off of great passing, penetration. Whats done is done game 1 is in the bag.

Reaction Score
The big dilemma for Cleveland is what the hell to do with Tristan Thompson. Guy is an absolute workhorse on the offensive glass and very active defensively, but when you're playing 47 minutes you need to take more than four shots to keep the Golden State big men honest (granted, some of those offensive boards are generated because of the help). Obviously, Memphis is not Cleveland, but the longer the Memphis series dragged on, the more Kerr, Gentry, etc. were able to scheme to clog the paint and take away the passing lanes.

Reaction Score
Yeah, no. It was good D. LeBron took a tough shot, even without a man on him. And he wasn't "getting away" with anything more than what happens every day in the NBA. If anything, people constantly hammer him because of his size and it doesn't get whistled as much as it would for other players. You're clearly a die-hard GSW fan, and this looks like your year, so enjoy it, but your analysis of your own team is like Dick Vitale assessing Duke.
I'm a Warriors fan in this series but Lebron was pushing off all game. It is what it is, Jordan got away with murder too, all of the greatest do. You saying Lebron gets hammered more than other players and it doesn't get called as much clearly shows you are a die-hard Cavs fan. You're probably the biggest Cavs fan in the history of Cleveland fandom, see what I did there.

Reaction Score
It was great D by Iguadola but bad offense by Lebron, as soon as Iggy pressured him Lebron faded away to the three point line and took a terrible percentage shot, he abolutely needs to drive there.
Lebron never drives towards his left utilizing the baseline. He always goes right into traffic. He never seems to be able to hit the game winning shot. Even though he scored 40 plus points, I thought there way to much one on one ball, and not enough team basketball for the Cavs. JR also had a terrible game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom