OT: NBA Finals | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I figured we can start with predictions.

I'm going with the Warriors in 5. I make it assuming a Kyrie looking akin to what we've been seeing, and a Klay that's healthy. Obviously, those are game-changers.

This series will look very much like the Rockets-Warriors series to me: a couple of close games, and one game where Curry goes nuts for a big win. I also think GSW go into Cleveland up 2-0. Were the Finals still 2-3-2, I'd probably predict it a 6 game series, but I don't see the Warriors losing at home (3 losses there all season, including the playoffs), and they're definitely good enough to grab a win in Cleveland.

This is the series injuries finally catch up with the Cavs.

Reaction Score
With the exception of Irving, who is always going to be injury prone, the week layoff is going to benefit the Cavs more than the Ws. These teams had one real game during the season - LeBron went 15 of 25 for 42 points with 11 boards, 5 assists, and 3 steals. Love threw in 16 and 8. Irving went to the line for 10 of 10, but otherwise had a bad night. Curry didn't have a very good game.
It's going to be about a couple of matchups. Curry/Def. and LeBron/Def., for sure. Then maybe Barnes and JR Smith. Everybody else is fairly predictable, I'd guess. Throw in that Curry is Malone to LeBron's Jordan, and I see LBJ playing the best ball of his life to prove he was the real MVP (which was my opinion).
On Thursday LeBron becomes only the second player since Russel to go to 5 finals in a row. Considering he did it with 2 different teams, and the Cavs in his 1st year back, that's incredible.

Cavs in 7. One for the ages. LBJ moves one step closer to undisputed GOAT.
Or Warriors in 4 in a blow out.
One of those two.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I figured we can start with predictions.

I'm going with the Warriors in 5. I make it assuming a Kyrie looking akin to what we've been seeing, and a Klay that's healthy. Obviously, those are game-changers.

This series will look very much like the Rockets-Warriors series to me: a couple of close games, and one game where Curry goes nuts for a big win. I also think GSW go into Cleveland up 2-0. Were the Finals still 2-3-2, I'd probably predict it a 6 game series, but I don't see the Warriors losing at home (3 losses there all season, including the playoffs), and they're definitely good enough to grab a win in Cleveland.

I think GS wins but not in 5 games I think it goes 7

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
tough call... wouldn't mind seeing Curry win one but I like Lebron. Cavs in 7

Reaction Score
I read/trolled Catspause from the late Tubby era until squid came around and remember Draymond's recruitment a little bit. He committed under Gillispie but Cal wouldn't honor is scholarship and politely told him to off so I've had a soft spot for him since then. Go Warriors.

Reaction Score
I read/trolled Catspause from the late Tubby era until squid came around and remember Draymond's recruitment a little bit. He committed under Gillispie but Cal wouldn't honor is scholarship and politely told him to off so I've had a soft spot for him since then. Go Warriors.

You remember that? Do you also remember the part where Green committed to Tubby Smith and then went to MSU rather than follow Smith to Minnesota when Gillispie was hired?

"I wanted him to come to Minnesota with me, but I knew he was looking at Michigan State," Smith said. "I understood. He was close to Michigan State. Tom Izzo is a great coach. He's had an excellent career ... I just wish he would have had it for me and not against me.

Draymond Green was already at MSU by the time Calipari was hired, so either your recollection is a little faulty or you're just talking out of your a__.

The Cal Derangement Syndrome on this board is amazingly strong.

Reaction Score
You remember that? Do you also remember the part where Green committed to Tubby Smith and then went to MSU rather than follow Smith to Minnesota when Gillispie was hired?

"I wanted him to come to Minnesota with me, but I knew he was looking at Michigan State," Smith said. "I understood. He was close to Michigan State. Tom Izzo is a great coach. He's had an excellent career ... I just wish he would have had it for me and not against me.

Draymond Green was already at MSU by the time Calipari was hired, so either your recollection is a little faulty or you're just talking out of your a__.

The Cal Derangement Syndrome on this board is amazingly strong.

I was going to say. Green played in a final four at Michigan State before Cal was hired at Kentucky.

Anyway, as for the series, it's very intriguing to me. I'm interested to see how much of LeBron's minutes are spent at the four - on one hand, Green isn't the type of player that is going to punish LeBron in the post like a David West might have been able to in recent years, but conversely, Cleveland has pounded people on the offensive glass with the two-big lineup, and the Warriors are merely an average rebounding team. I'm sure Lowe talked about this in his finals preview which I haven't read yet.

Another crazy stat: LeBron has won a road game in 19 straight playoff series. Between that and the Warriors ungodly home record, something has to give. Gun to my head I'll go Warriors in 6 but I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Reaction Score
I got warriors in the gentlemen's sweep , 4-1. the stats show gsw are a historically dominant team. Apparently kyrie isn't even 100%... he's the guy that needs to chase curry around. there is nobody else because shump has to deal with klay. unless lebron guards klay, shump sticks curry, and kyrie is hidden on barnes... just too many disadvantages for Cleveland although i'm rooting for bron.

Reaction Score
leaning the way of Elhassan/Haberstroh/Lebatard and feeling that this series won't be very close, GSW in 5.

Reaction Score
Why would it be any other way? Its the Cal gobblers on the board I don't get.

Because there are some among us - not you, apparently - that aren't crippled by a raging inferiority complex when it comes to Calipari. I guess that makes us "gobblers."

Your boy just said he likes Draymond Green because he remembers something that literally did not happen. I guess you have no sense of how foolish that sounds. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Reaction Score
This series reminds me exactly of the 2008 Lakers vs Celtics. Everyone picked the best player (Kobe) to win the championship instead of the team with the best record in the NBA + best defense. Ill pick the 2015 equivalent.. Celtics won in 6 so Warriors in 6.

Reaction Score
This series reminds me exactly of the 2008 Lakers vs Celtics. Everyone picked the best player (Kobe) to win the championship instead of the team with the best record in the NBA + best defense. Ill pick the 2015 equivalent.. Celtics won in 6 so Warriors in 6.

Except that Celtics team had three hall of famers who were healthy and pretty darn close to their primes.

Reaction Score
Except that Celtics team had three hall of famers who were healthy and pretty darn close to their primes.

is that point about the HOFers meant to separate the two teams and place the Cs above the Warriors?

Reaction Score
Not really following you on this one, Warriors had the 6th best regular season of all-time in a stacked Western conference.

Reaction Score
is that point about the HOFers meant to separate the two teams and place the Cs above the Warriors?

It means i'm wrapped up in too many things at work to read posts carefully and should not be posting on an internet board.

Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving was 15 when LeBron James played in his first NBA Finals.

Reaction Score
Not really following you on this one, Warriors had the 6th best regular season of all-time in a stacked Western conference.
According to this link ----> LINK <----- they are 10th all time. Interestingly, the 9th and 11th all time both failed to win it all. Further, if you look at the top 15, four teams lost, which puts the failure-to-kill rate at just under 1 in 3.

Reaction Score
Going with GSW in 5. LeBron will be a monster all series but this team, with a banged up Kyrie and no Love, has no business being in the Finals. Some day the East will become a real conference again, some day...

Reaction Score
According to this link ----> LINK <----- they are 10th all time. Interestingly, the 9th and 11th all time both failed to win it all. Further, if you look at the top 15, four teams lost, which puts the failure-to-kill rate at just under 1 in 3.
Yes, tied for 6th best record with four other teams. If you interpret that as 10th, then so be it.

Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving was 15 when LeBron James played in his first NBA Finals.

Wow Lebron has played for a long time and he is 30, he has about 5 years left in his prime of course by the time he is past his prime he will still be damn good, I could see him leading the league in assists one year.

Reaction Score
Yes, tied for 6th best record with four other teams. If you interpret that as 10th, then so be it.
Actually, LOL, I hadn't noticed that 5 teams had the same win %. Weird. Of course, saying they're 10th is exactly the same as saying they're 6th, if you choose not to add the important note, "tied with 4 other teams for 6th."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom