OT Nate Solder to Giants | The Boneyard

OT Nate Solder to Giants

Reaction Score
Huge signing an overpay sure but this was a move the Giants absolutely had to make and its a huge loss for the Patriots protecting a 41 year old qb blindside. The Eagles just added Michael Bennett and Haloti Ngata to their already stacked Dline this was a no brainer, now the stupid move was signing Johnathan Stewart to a 2 year deal with guaranteed money.

Last edited:

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Im just thrilled they did something on the OL for the first time in forever. Now you can shift Flowers to the right side, where hes actually fine and it starts to look ok.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I thought we were not allowed to talk politics.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not happy as a Pats fan, but it's a great move for the Giants to shore up a terrible OL. New England couldn't afford him.

Reaction Score
Not happy as a Pats fan, but it's a great move for the Giants to shore up a terrible OL. New England couldn't afford him.

Thats why the Giants overpaid because they know the Pats wouldn't match, if the Giants did a slight overpay I think Solder would have gone back to the Pats for less money but a massive overpay Solder couldn't turn it down. I could see the Pats going after Joe Thomas.

Reaction Score
What are the Pats doing? Three of their best players are gone and Lewis is probably not coming back either. Do they not like winning or something?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What are the Pats doing? Three of their best players are gone and Lewis is probably not coming back either. Do they not like winning or something?

What players? Solder is a real loss.

Amendola was not needed. When they kept Kenny Britt that was the end for him. They have Edelman coming back, and Mitchell coming back, as guys who missed all of last season. The WR core is very deep and good.

Lewis was not needed. Gillislee was a better runner, White a better receiver and Burkhead a better combo back. The Pats do not overpay at that position. They should try to get Rex back. They couldn't keep both.

Butler was always going to leave. Solder leaving frees up a lot of cap space they planned to spend on LT. Let's see where it goes.

Reaction Score

Belichick does not re-sign payers he believes are too expensive ... he does this every single year. If it blows up in his face this year it will be a first ... if you don't include Lagarrette Blount and Chris Long ...

Reaction Score
Belichick does not re-sign payers he believes are too expensive ... he does this every single year. If it blows up in his face this year it will be a first ... if you don't include Lagarrette Blount and Chris Long ...

I'm hoping this will at least give us some money to retool the defense, which should be better now that Patricia is gone.

Also, I hope they sign Jordy Nelson.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I'm hoping this will at least give us some money to retool the defense, which should be better now that Patricia is gone.

Why would they spend money on Nelson? They have Cooks, Hogan, Mitchell, Edelman, Dorsett and Britt, plus a kid stashed on the practice squad who looks like a Welker/Edelman clone. That could be the best WR group Brady has had.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Each of the 4 players signed away from the Patriots have a Super Bowl ring and three of them have two. They have hardware and with (granted, both of them are G.O.A.T.s) a 41 year old starting QB and a head coach in his mid-60's, more hardware might not be guaranteed...even in the short run.

All four are looking at or are already on the wrong side of 30 years old. No doubt they are looking to get paid at this point and the Patriots didn't see the value.

Reaction Score
Letting Solder walk was not a real surprise. The Patriots under Belichick have had a history of letting players leave a little too early rather than too late. Couple that with the concerns about his concussion history and you knew there was a good chance that he was going to walk.

Reaction Score
Letting Solder walk was not a real surprise. The Patriots under Belichick have had a history of letting players leave a little too early rather than too late. Couple that with the concerns about his concussion history and you knew there was a good chance that he was going to walk.
They didn't "let Solder walk." They offered him less money.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Thats why the Giants overpaid because they know the Pats wouldn't match, if the Giants did a slight overpay I think Solder would have gone back to the Pats for less money but a massive overpay Solder couldn't turn it down. I could see the Pats going after Joe Thomas.

Also, the Giants were forced to overpay because 1. Reese left them with squadoosh in the cupboard and 2. there were barely any other quality tackles available.

Is what it is. Pats couldn't come close to matching that.

EOD, Eli's probably happy.

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

The Midday show said the Patriots are about $25M under the cap before any restructuring. If they saw the free agent value in any of the 3 players who played a non-special teams snap, they would have made the offer.

Reaction Score
In free agency not extending your self to make an offer close to what another team offers = letting them walk. The Patriots had a price. He got an offer over that price so they let him walk. It's a pretty simple concept.

Reaction Score
Also, the Giants were forced to overpay because 1. Reese left them with squadoosh in the cupboard and 2. there were barely any other quality tackles available.

That too and they missed out on the Andrew Norwell who signed with the Jags instead despite the Giants offering him more money.

Reaction Score
announced he plans to retire today

Yeah too bad he was always on awful teams but your long term health is more important this will be more of the norm seeing guys retire early.

Reaction Score

manning-loss2.jpg

Reaction Score

Reese was Kevin Ollie bad and Mcadoo was Bob Diaco bad.

Reaction Score

From what I remember seeing they have a very low amount of cap money to get anyone. And they seriously need 2-3 OL.

Reaction Score
From what I remember seeing they have a very low amount of cap money to get anyone. And they seriously need 2-3 OL.

That they do. They also need more depth at LB, DB and DL too. Hopefully Schiano can make a competent defense. Something Patricia never seemed to be able to do. His best year as a coordinator he had Browner and Revis at corner.

Reaction Score
That they do. They also need more depth at LB, DB and DL too. Hopefully Schiano can make a competent defense. Something Patricia never seemed to be able to do. His best year as a coordinator he had Browner and Revis at corner.
They got much better over the course of last year, but were still missing some pieces of an elite defense. I thought they generally did a decent job when they needed it, but their offense is their best defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom