OT: NASCAR clash at the coliseum | The Boneyard

OT: NASCAR clash at the coliseum

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Anyone a fan of Nascar? Not the best course but still a fun race to watch. CT well represented with Ryan Preece from Berlin and Joey Logano from Middletown.
I'm a big NASCAR fan but there aren't too many on the Boneyard.

Kind of a silly race in my opinion. Not sure why owners want to bother damaging equipment to run this track, but whatever. It's racing and signals the start of the season.

Reaction Score
THEY JUST SHOUTED OUT THE SILVER CITY RACE TRACK!!!! Meriden CT baby
My brothers and I raced there a zillion years ago.

Couple of NASCAR related notes:
My neighbor for the past few years was Dale Jarrett.

My next door neighbor worked for Joe Gibbs racing. I used to eat lunch there occasionally. Their facility is unbelievable.

The first race car that truck champion Todd Bodine ever drove was mine.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Used to like NASCAR but the homogenized car designs, segments within racing and pretty much everything else bored me of it over past 15 years.

Not just NASCAR. Same with hockey with new rules on overtimes, shootouts, how points are awarded, starting OT with fewer skaters, whatever. Used to be a simple, W/L/T.

Now, if you don't mind, I have some clouds in the sky that need yelling at.

Reaction Score
If you're a fan of the left hand turn, can't beat NASCAR.

Reaction Score
Grew up going to all of the New England tracks with my Dad. My brother was on the pit crew for a regional NASCAR team (Busch North) that was a feeder series into national NASCAR.

Got to see Martin Truex Jr work his way up through the ranks (was clear from the get-go he had talent...funny how some drivers just have "it", no matter how good/mediocre the equipment they are racing in). Also saw Paul Wolfe race, who was a real talented driver, but didn't stick in the national series. However, he's had HUGE success as a Crew Chief (currently for Penske racing/Joey Logano)

The Clash at the Colosseum was pretty fun...liked how they do a throwback to some of the classics...Heat races to get in, last-chance qualifiers...

The race reminded me of all the old-school bullring racing on 1/4- and 1/3-mile tracks in NE - Riverside, Waterford, Plainville, Thunder Road, Beech Ridge, Seekonk, Star, etc. Good times.

Reaction Score
Not a NASCAR guy but I was surprised to see that event being held at the Coliseum. I was under the impression that a NASCAR track is typically much bigger than you'd fit into a place like the Coliseum.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Grew up going to all of the New England tracks with my Dad. My brother was on the pit crew for a regional NASCAR team (Busch North) that was a feeder series into national NASCAR.

Got to see Martin Truex Jr work his way up through the ranks (was clear from the get-go he had talent...funny how some drivers just have "it", no matter how good/mediocre the equipment they are racing in). Also saw Paul Wolfe race, who was a real talented driver, but didn't stick in the national series. However, he's had HUGE success as a Crew Chief (currently for Penske racing/Joey Logano)

The Clash at the Colosseum was pretty fun...liked how they do a throwback to some of the classics...Heat races to get in, last-chance qualifiers...

The race reminded me of all the old-school bullring racing on 1/4- and 1/3-mile tracks in NE - Riverside, Waterford, Plainville, Thunder Road, Beech Ridge, Seekonk, Star, etc. Good times.

I started at Stafford Springs in the early 80's. Fun time watching the modifieds, which kinda morphed in to the Steven Krajewski modified and eventually Steven Krajewski Lights (I think).

The half-mile paved track near me in the Panhandle of Florida, 5 Flags Speedway, gives me all the racing I need nowadays. Love watching the Super Late Mods, Pro Late Mod and Modifieds run. Good combination of lifetime regional drivers with a few up and comers who you know are moving on to bigger series. Funny to watch a 15 year old racing 35 year olds.

I put up with the more local series of pure stocks and strictly stocks.

The Super Late Models have a new sponsor and are morphing a couple of regional tours in to a semi-national tour called ASA STARS. First race is in Pensacola at 5 Flags.

Reaction Score
If you're a fan of the left hand turn, can't beat NASCAR.
My dad used to have a cartoon hanging on his office wall at our racetrack that stated,” How long would you watch cars go round and round in circles?” “ About 10 minutes.“ “ How long would you watch cars go round and round in circles if you knew there was going to be an accident?” “AS LONG AS IT TAKES!”

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the Clash but would like to see them mix it up - perhaps do stages and ultimately end up with only 4 (or two) cars in a 10 lap shootout for the win.

I'll be at Daytona in 2 weeks.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I had $10 on Kyle Busch to come in 3rd or better. NASCAR is so much better with money on it. I remember going to Stafford years ago with some car guys. It's fun but when we started a pool for each race, it was even more fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom