OT : Movie Theme Songs | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT : Movie Theme Songs

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Probably my favorite Bond movie, definitely my favorite theme song from the franchise and probably the best Bond girl as well.

Was wondering how long before we got some bond film themes!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
2001: A Space Odyssey

You mean Also Sprach Zarathustra von Herr Richard Strauss.

I was wondering when this would get posted.

Reaction Score
Tears were Real during "La Marseillaise" in "Casablanca".

Mireille's intensity reminds me a little of Nika, and if CD needs a stand-in for the pregame prep speach this weekend, maybe a prep talk from Nika would go something like this. Warriors be warriors and all that.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Finally someone got around to posting this!
Yeah, I was surprised it took so long. I thought of it at one point but forgot to post it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Several movies have featured fake bands making some decent songs. This fake band isn't really fake, most of them are legit metal dudes. The vocals aren't really coming from Wahlberg though, a couple different vocalists contributed songs to the movie. This one is the lead singer from Steelheart (best metal band ever from Connecticut?...only metal band ever from Connecticut?), who cut a different version of this song previously.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Just remembered this one. "Clay Pigeons" (probably a completely forgotten movie, but it featured Joaquin Phoenix, Vince Vaughn and Janeane Garofalo) had a great alt.country soundtrack. This is the theme. It very clearly was written for the movie.

Reaction Score
You mean Also Sprach Zarathustra von Herr Richard Strauss.

I was wondering when this would get posted.

1616044816215.jpeg

What’s unfortunate about Strauss’s great work is the average person knows only the opening 2 minute fanfare thanks to Stanley Kubrick and his movie. After the opening fanfare that everyone knows, Strauss continued with some of the most beautiful and awe inspiring music that any composer ever wrote. The entire work is rarely played for the masses nowadays and that’s a shame.

Reaction Score
Good theme songs from other eras, but it kinda seems like 80s movies soundtracks were just more iconic than any other decade.

Really like this song.

Georgetown wouldn't permit any filming to be done on campus and the producers had to scramble to find a suitable location to serve as a backdrop for the opening where the brat pack is leaving college. University of Maryland to the rescue. Anybody else live in those fraternity houses you can see at :25 and :45 in the video?

Reaction Score
A couple more that I’m shocked no one posted.......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom