OT: Mitch McGary to NBA after one year ban from NCAA | The Boneyard

OT: Mitch McGary to NBA after one year ban from NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So if a basketball player from Colorado or Washington does this they are banned for a year? It is legal in those states. They can drink to their hearts content however, underage drinking included since they do not test for it....

caw

Reaction Score
The NCAA is so absurd. They just changed the rule/penalty but refuse to use the new penalty here.

They love some retroactive absurd penalties.

Reaction Score
So stupid. And how much does it suck that he wasn't even going to play and just dressed to show support

Reaction Score
But they're supposed to be role models for the parent less children!

Reaction Score
a 1 year ban for literally testing positive being proof that you've smoked pot once or more is absurd... I think maybe they should be banned for a month or something, have another test, if you're clean, you're fine. If a kid is just routinely breaking that rule, sure, ban him for a year for the egregious breaking of rules, but this is absolute bull crap

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
I mean honestly, at what point does the NCAA just collapse into itself and die through sheer stupidity? It's like there's a competition amongst the employees there who can create and enforce the most idiotic rule or judgment that finally jumps the shark and kills the NCAA once and for all.

Keep up the good work Marky Mark.

And congrats to UNC and Kentucky on the continued academic success of their hoops programs. We really don't talk about that enough, good for them!

Reaction Score
I advocate throwing the NCAA decision-makers in jail, because you have to be on some hard drugs to make this type of decision.

Reaction Score
i don't smoke... cigs or mar.... but this country and its establishments have no clue when it comes to the "gateway drug".....

should be legal in every state... taxed like crazy.. and treated like alcohol... driving under influence etc...

Keep it illegal to grow.....without license... if licensed tax the outa em...

state legislation should take precedence....

Reaction Score
Is this a new rule? We have had guys that tested positive for pot but it was handled internally. There was not a 1 year ban.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I'm surprised they didnt wait until after the draft deadline to tell him.
No kidding. That I would have expected.

Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, I've seen studies that show secondhand marijuana smoke shows up in hair and blood tests for up to six months. It doesn't show up at all in urine tests. I wonder what kind of tests these were.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Is this a new rule? We have had guys that tested positive for pot but it was handled internally. There was not a 1 year ban.

During tournaments and bowl games the NCAA takes over testing. If you get caught by the NCAA you get banned for a year (although that will change to 1/2 a year in August).

If you get caught any other time during the year by your school the punishment is up to the school.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Let's not forget that Mitch could have killed someone...

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla 5m
I guess the NCAA is wrong about drug bans now, too. I'll remember that the next time I get on a flight and my pilot is high.

Sounds like Fraschilla just smoked a PCP-laced joint. Is he equating a college kid (not even playing) getting high recreationally with a pilot being high on duty? Is he f$&$#& kidding with this BS? What is the matter with people?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Just as an FYI, I've seen studies that show secondhand marijuana smoke shows up in hair and blood tests for up to six months. It doesn't show up at all in urine tests. I wonder what kind of tests these were.

my guess would just be a urine test

Reaction Score

He admitted to smoking once in his press conference, so this isn't a case of second hand smoke. I think you'd have to be hanging out on Snoop and Willie Nelsons tour bus for a month to actually test positive from second hand, but no scientific knowledge behind that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom