OT: Missouri football hit with a postseason ban for 2019-20 because of academic misconduct involving a tutor. | The Boneyard

OT: Missouri football hit with a postseason ban for 2019-20 because of academic misconduct involving a tutor.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I assume this was after AO graduated. But felt compelled to mention AO :D

Reaction Score
Even though the courses were created and graded by an Office Secretary...they did their own work. What a joke that UNC got zero punishment.
Do you people ever stop complaining about UNC. Who cares

Reaction Score
lolololol
Yeah the fact that UNC got VASTLY preferential treatment compared to other schools is of no import.
How many times can it be brought up. It’s over and done with. Lolololol

Reaction Score
lolololol
Yeah the fact that UNC got VASTLY preferential treatment compared to other schools is of no import.
UNC had fake courses for almost 20 years, but it was"t in the NCAA's wheelhouse,so no penalty. This was even though the college accrediting board put them on probation for a few years.

Reaction Score
UConn was punished by the NCAA for getting bad grades in real classes.

UNC was not punished by the NCAA for receiving good grades in fake classes.

I think we're allowed to complain.
You’ve been complaining for years give it up

Reaction Score

>>None of this will ever change unless the schools—which make the NCAA’s rules and set up the NCAA’s disciplinary process—demand a change and then make that change. By their unwillingness to make any meaningful change, we should assume the schools are perfectly happy with a system that feels as if it doles out punishments by throwing darts at a board.

The people at the schools are the only ones who can effect change. And they don’t seem to care until they’re on the business end of a penalty that feels chosen at random.<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why don't you just leave the conversation then. As a lifelong husky fan and someone who thinks UNC got away with academic fraud without any punishment for that.
So forgive us for giving a crap and not caring what you think, so piss off

UConn’s fault.

Reaction Score
I can't let it go because of how UConn was targeted for selective enforcement on the APR issue. Calhoun wasn't properly contrite over the Miles case and they waited until the year UConn was the only major university that failed to meet the APR requirements that had been on the books for a number of years but never enforced. Indiana had failed to meet the standard for at least three years, Arkansas for at least one and even Syracuse and likely others, I believe. But, when UConn failed to meet it in 2012, bingo, let's get 'em. I verified it at the time by going to the site that allowed you to see the scores for each school. May still be there but I'm not bothering to go look.

This article below was at a link in the other Dodd story on Missouri. It's the best and most succinct article I've ever read on the uNC story and makes me wonder if any school, like Missouri, will ever go after the NCAA and challenge penalties like those imposed on Missouri using the BS argument, or form thereof, the committee on enforcement used to give uNC a pass.

NCAA leaves door wide open to academic misconduct with handling of UNC case

Reaction Score

Ok, so the lesson is never admit wrongdoing is the distinguishing factor. The UNC classes were created and graded by an unqualified office secretary, but the players did the “work”.. in other worlds this is known as a fraud or a sham. In fact, had that same class been given to and paid for by regular paying students, UNC would likely be liable for fraud, and their would accreditation would be at risk. Machinations...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom