OT: Mike Emrick | The Boneyard

OT: Mike Emrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Listening to Mike Emrick describe the fast pace of Olympic hockey reminds me of what quality description of sport’s action consists of. It’s like radio on TV, and one quickly learns so much.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yes, if ONLY we could have such things. I have so longed to be tutored in the fine points of the game, as it unfolds.

Reaction Score
Listening to Mike Emrick describe the fast pace of Olympic hockey reminds me of what quality description of sport’s action consists of. It’s like radio on TV, and one quickly learns so much.
do most of us want to hear Dolson to kia to kaleena to mo back to stef every possession ? On the radio obviously we need that but personally
I like to watch not listen and we are spoiled. How many womens teams are on TV every game ?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I was thinking that just last night, Oz. As I listened to the game I was saying to myself this is what a game call sounds like even when you can see the image. The hockey announcers take an incredibly fast paced game and still create am image of the action.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Love the Doc! And miss Billy Gardner, too.

Reaction Score
Doc makes every rush up ice and every shot like it is going in the net, way to much excitement in his voice even on shots that are way wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom