OT: Mebbe these boat games ain't such a good idea? | The Boneyard

OT: Mebbe these boat games ain't such a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First, Syracuse-San Diego State on the SS Minnow gets bumped from Friday to Sunday because of weather issues. Then, Marquette and Ohio State gets called off because of condensation on the court.

Now, tonight, Florida and Georgetown gets called at halftime for the same reason.

Reaction Score
Every other sport plays in the rain/snow. These games mean a lot to the military men and women on these ships and bases. Man up and play. So what if it's sloppy.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Every other sport plays in the rain/snow. These games mean a lot to the military men and women on these ships and bases. Man up and play. So what if it's sloppy.

So what? How about if 2 or 3 guys slip and tear an ACL?

Reaction Score
I can understand both your points but you can't risk an injury because the court is a mess but in no way should these games be scraped. These games are the beat thing that's happened in college hoops in awhile. The kids will remember this for a lifetime and more importantly the troops absolutely love it. This trip to Germany to honor the wounded warriors honestly brought a tear to my eye and the way Ollie coached us up and the way we performed brought another tear.

Reaction Score
Don't feed the troll.

Reaction Score
And yesterday's Syracuse-SDSU game was played in very windy conditions which made shooting jumpshots and free throws very difficult.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=323160021

Weather is not supposed to impact basketball games. I think we've seen the last of the games on ships. I bet they try to do another one like the Armed Forces Classic though.

Reaction Score
Sounds like somebody who never played basketball.
I used to hate playing on dusty courts - nothing worse than slipping when you're trying to plant.
I can't even imagine playing on a wet court.

Player safety comes first.

Reaction Score
There are buildings (auditoriums) at the bases here in america, and overseas.

We played in front of about 32oo iirc. Thats not 10000, but its fine for this purpose. I believe the maui arena only seats about 2500...it works. Hopefully they just move them all indoors, instead of the boat thing. Too many variables there.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Funny thing is that my first thought seeing the title of the thread was "Why did Fishy diss Boatright" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom