OT: Malcolm Huckaby | The Boneyard

OT: Malcolm Huckaby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thought he did a pretty nice job as the color tonight on the game. A CT kid from Bristol Central and BC who's career was pretty damn good. Actually didn't realize he had over 1300 pts at BC during the Curley days, better than I thought. I believe his brother Martin went to Howard and was a good player there late 80's early 90's............is this the first game anyone has heard him do?

Reaction Score
He was a nice player, think he may have even had a cup of coffee with the Miami Heat.

Reaction Score
I commented on him in the game post as I didn't recognize his voice from any other games, I thought he was great. After dealing with Tim Welsh lately and his negative tone, the broadcast tonight was refreshing.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He was very good, where the hell did they dig him up? It sounds like he was broadcasting somewhere. Too bad all the old back in the day BE stories already seem strange based on what's happening.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I liked him. Felt old, too, listening to his stories.

I Googled his ass and see he is a vp in the financial industry. Also does color commentary for IMG Sports Network

Reaction Score
I commented on him in the game post as I didn't recognize his voice from any other games, I thought he was great. After dealing with Tim Welsh lately and his negative tone, the broadcast tonight was refreshing.
Did you listen to the beginning? Sounded like he expected Fordham in a cakewalk. Changed his tune about 6 minutes in.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Huckaby, Eisley, Hrobowski, Curley... can't believe it's been almost 20 years since those were the guys competing against us

Reaction Score
He did a nice job and was quite complementery of Uconn players from the past, and his experiences with them. As for the game, my only comment is we are supposed to beat the # 14 team in the Atlantic 10, by more than 15. We had 'em and then did some sloppy crap and opened the door a crack. Step on their neck Uconn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Most announcers who are complimentary of UConn will get raving reviews on this Board. Next game he announces he should shout out his Facebook page, and pick up a lot of likes.

Heaven forbid those announcers who say derogatory, critical or opposing views or even one viewpoint.

Reaction Score
It seems he was a replacement for Bob Valvano who suffered a heart attack in Louisville but should be okay and home possibly today!

Reaction Score
I played with his older brother Martin back in the day in Bristol. Great family. Malcolm's been doing radio for BC and I believe was coaching a JV or freshman HS team. Malcolm played on a state tourney champ at BCHS...the mighty Rams!

Reaction Score
I played with his older brother Martin back in the day in Bristol. Great family. Malcolm's been doing radio for BC and I believe was coaching a JV or freshman HS team. Malcolm played on a state tourney champ at BCHS...the mighty Rams!

What year for the Rams Skibs? Played for the Maloney Spartans vs Hassler, Kuczenski, Greenleaf etc etc........Martin was a nice player also but younger than me for sure just not sure how much.......the fami.ly was very nice their dad a nice man!!

Reaction Score
Mid 80's. Played against the Fluker boys. And Craig Durant ran like the wind on the gridiron And Pete Daniels was a beast cross town in baseball.

Reaction Score

Wasn't Martin on the Howard team that played Kansas in the NCAA tourney (around '91 or '92)?

Reaction Score
Mid 80's. Played against the Fluker boys. And Craig Durant ran like the wind on the gridiron And Pete Daniels was a beast cross town in baseball.

Eddie Fluker played at Platt as well as Pete.....played city hoops vs Eddie later and some twilight league baseball with Pete as i got older..........Craig was a Spartan, nice running back I believe went to Northeastern? Time flies...........

Reaction Score
Older Huck turned down by JC. When it came time for good one father refused us and sent him to BC!! His reward 4 years of ARSE-kicking by the Huskies. Curley got the same treatment after spurning us.

Reaction Score
He was great and I was trying to figure out who it was during the broadcast.

Reaction Score
Older Huck turned down by JC. When it came time for good one father refused us and sent him to BC!! His reward 4 years of ARSE-kicking by the Huskies. Curley got the same treatment after spurning us.

Older brother wasn't good enough for UConn.........too bad dad felt that way but it still turned out okay for us and also for Malcolm

Reaction Score
Older brother wasn't good enough for UConn.........too bad dad felt that way but it still turned out okay for us and also for Malcolm
Martin was older than Malcolm and even though he was a very good high school player he was not good enough to play at UConn. From what i remember he had a solid career at Howard but nothing spectacular. I do not think JC went hard after Malcolm. I could be wrong about this, but I do remember there was a small controversy in regards to the schools that were supposedly recruiting Malcolm. I believe someone was leaking to the Bristol Press that many big time schools had offered Malcolm when in fact it was not true. University of Michigan was the school most talked about. The little I know of the family is all positive, with his father being a good man and role model.

There was actually an older brother named Troy that played hoop at St. Paul. Unfortunately he had major knee problems that curtailed his HS career. Many people say he was the best player of the three.

I thought Malcolm did a good job on the broadcast. Hope he does more UConn games.

Reaction Score
Heard the same thing about Troy but was too young to remember him before the knee problems. Martin had some knee issues too by not like Troy. Difference between Malcolm and Martin was that Malcolm could beat you off the dribble and knock down the jumper. Martin was more a jump shooter, not as good off the dribble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom