OT: Lyft or Uber | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Lyft or Uber

Reaction Score
Gino's East, buy Nuts on Clark popcorn at O'Hare, if you're a coffee person Intelligentsia is fantastic.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The food may be good but Fogo de Chao is a chain. You can get that all over the U.S. And the world for that matter.

Funniest thing is that the Fogo de Chao in Boston is better than the one in Sao Paulo. And down there you can go eat the same foods for less than 1/4 of the price elsewhere.

Reaction Score
Hilton Garden Inn

How's Gibson's Bar & Steakhouse out there?

Of course I want a great steak while there. Not sure about ..... dare I say ...'pizza'.

Also are the hot dogs worth the effort of getting there?
Only been to the Gibson's in the city on Rush street. It's a great place with a lot going on. I'm sure the one by the airport is good too. Pequods is hands down the best thick crust pizza in the city, it's a neighborhood place. Get a hot dog if you're near a place but definitely not worth it to make any sort of trek for it.

Reaction Score
Fogo de Chao in Rosemont (quick Uber/Lyft ride away)... if the wait is long and the timing is right - there is a "museum" to kill time in. Bring a UConn tshirt for the folks on the second floor of the building;)
It's in the city and is usually pretty crowded but if you want great Argentinian beef at a really reasonable price you gotta go to Tango Sur on Southport Avenue. It's also BYOB. You'll eat like a king for less than half the price of one of the big steakhouses.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
For the love of God, don't eat at Fogo de Chao in Chicago. The decision of Lyft v. Uber is totally inconsequential. The decision as to were to eat steak is something completely different. Gibsons, Gene & Georgettis, Chop House, Chicago Cut. So many choices. Fogo would be like choosing to get a burger at White Castle instead of Au Cheval (My Chicago burger recommendation). My current favorite steak in Chicago is at Bavette's Bar & Bouef. Dry aged Ribeye with a side of Elotes is orgasmic. I've lost nearly 60lbs this year and this post reminds me how wise it was for me to hire a sales rep in Chicago so I didn't have to go 4 times year. That city single handledly kept me fat.

Reaction Score
Funniest thing is that the Fogo de Chao in Boston is better than the one in Sao Paulo. And down there you can go eat the same foods for less than 1/4 of the price elsewhere.
You're right. Ate at the one in Philly last month. Good for losing weight. I lost almost $100 that I can't put back on.

Reaction Score
For the love of God, don't eat at Fogo de Chao in Chicago.

The Fogo reference (intended joke) was a complete failure on my part... he's said he was staying in HGI in Rosemont which is 5 minutes away from B1G10 Conference offices (hence the links to B1G10 Experience Museum and the Tshirt comment). Fogo/B1G share same building. I'll see myself out...

Reaction Score
The Fogo reference (intended joke) was a complete failure on my part... he's said he was staying in HGI in Rosemont which is 5 minutes away from B1G10 Conference offices) hence the links to B1G10 Experience Museum and the Tshirt comment). Fogo/B1G share same building. I'll see myself out...
Well at least I wasn't the only one that didn't get the joke!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wife and I are flying into Chicago for a few days this weekend. Unfortunately we will be staying out by the airport in Rosedale. We will not be renting a car considering the big city/airport and the taxis available around there and the City.

We will be doing the Uber thing mostly, unless we are downtown and choose to hail a cab back to the airport hotel. I've done Uber in Las Vegas, pretty good experience.

Since we will be car less does anyone tried Lyft? Or is Uber the best bet?

Or does it really matter which one?

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Rosedale about three weeks ago. You can walk to the "entertainment district" through the massive garage, but most everything else is very spread out. I walked two miles round trip to buy beer and wine for our room. I tried Uber, but the response time was always like 10-15 minutes for a pickup.

So I don't know which works better, but do not assume it is like Chicago proper, where you have 10 cars within a block of you. Schedule rides well in advance.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Hilton Garden Inn

How's Gibson's Bar & Steakhouse out there?

Of course I want a great steak while there. Not sure about ..... dare I say ...'pizza'.

Also are the hot dogs worth the effort of getting there?

Gino's East is very close to you on Devon. There is a Gene and Giorgetti steak place and a Giordanos down the street from you on 72. Mortons is behind the Hyatt. Do not go to the Liberty Tavern there. The entertainment district behind the convention center garage had some cool stuff, including a BBQ place we enjoyed, Bub City. Fogo de Chao and Hoffbrau House are there too, and others. Gibsons was about 100 feet from our hotel, but we did not try it.

But think about this if your parking is free. Car rentals at O'Hare are about $30-40 a day. Way cheaper than ride services.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Thought the Chop House kinda sucked when we went before the ND game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom