OT: Lukas Kisunas recruiting update | The Boneyard

OT: Lukas Kisunas recruiting update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Offered by Arizona and taking an official there soon.

Reaction Score
Probably says as much about Arizona as it does Kisunas.

Still, he's clearly a decent prospect who can find success wherever he lands. I'm not broken up about how things shook out, but I'm also not convinced we encouraged him to leave.
You're wrong but...

Reaction Score
About what? I said I wasn't convinced, that would be tough to be wrong about.
You can say you're not convinced the earth isn't flat, it doesn't change that the earth isn't flat.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Looks like the Blaze strategy is making its way to the desert.

Reaction Score
Kisunas may end up being a good player but did we really need another project big? The fact of the matter is that there wasn't room for him. Doesn't mean we may regret not taking him if our other projects don't work out and he does.

Reaction Score
Kisunas may end up being a good player but did we really need another project big? The fact of the matter is that there wasn't room for him. Doesn't mean we may regret not taking him if our other projects don't work out and he does.

It's not even that he's a project so much as you can only have so many low ceiling guys at one position. I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a contributor right away, but that could still mean he's Phil Nolan. With somebody like that, you wonder how much potential is factored into the ranking.

FWIW, I don't really consider any of our big men projects besides Diarra (and Williams if you're counting him). But I do agree with you - we need a sure impact, high upside guy up front and he definitely wasn't that.

Reaction Score
AZ is in rebound mode, so they're offering a lot of eligible players lately because they have many holes to fill. LK will be a "glue" guy anywhere he goes, but that's his rep. He may never be a star, but he's a guy you want on your team. Problem here, we need a difference maker. Good, smart kid (now adult). Wish he stayed around and wish him well where ever he ends up. He's got some good options & just wish him well.

Reaction Score
It's not even that he's a project so much as you can only have so many low ceiling guys at one position. I wouldn't be shocked if he turned out to be a contributor right away, but that could still mean he's Phil Nolan. With somebody like that, you wonder how much potential is factored into the ranking.

FWIW, I don't really consider any of our big men projects besides Diarra (and Williams if you're counting him). But I do agree with you - we need a sure impact, high upside guy up front and he definitely wasn't that.
Carlton is totally a project.

Reaction Score
Carlton is 10 steps ahead of Kisunas offensively. There's still work to be done but offensively Carlton's floor is likely Kisunas's ceiling
But I never said Kisunas wasn’t a project. Carlton is offensively raw and often clueless on the defensive end. He’s got potential I agree, but he said Diarra was our only project big, which I disagreed with.

Reaction Score
I always liked Kisunas. If he goes to Zona, I think he'll do well there. That being said, it's important for Coach Hurley to put his signature on the upcoming team and I just don't think keeping the old recruits was realistic. We have a new vision.

Reaction Score
Carlton is totally a project.

Carlton's primary skill is that he's big. That isn't going to change. Sure, he's raw offensively, but most big men are, just like they are clueless on defense. That describes, say, Alex Oriakhi, as well as countless other big men, perfectly, and I wouldn't consider them projects.

Reaction Score
Carlton's primary skill is that he's big. That isn't going to change. Sure, he's raw offensively, but most big men are, just like they are clueless on defense. That describes, say, Alex Oriakhi, as well as countless other big men, perfectly, and I wouldn't consider them projects.
Carlton certainly isn't a "big" big, he's maybe 6'9 but Oriakhi looks like Lou Ferrigno next to him.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He didn’t want to be a Husky after Hurley took over?

Goodbye I don’t care.

Reaction Score

If he is Phil Nolan he does not contribute right away. You are looking at taking a charge or 2 in year 3.

Reaction Score
Carlton certainly isn't a "big" big, he's maybe 6'9 but Oriakhi looks like Lou Ferrigno next to him.

He's not Thabeet but to my eye he looked like he matched up well proportionally against basically everyone we played this year, minus Ayton. And there aren't many Ayton's. I'd be willing to bet he's taller than a guy like Oriakhi, and I find it hard to believe he's only got one inch on Diarra. If he's not more than an inch taller than Diarra, you're only making my point that he's not a project, because Diarra can do things athletically he can't.

The read on him coming in was that he rebounds, block shots, and has good hands. At the very least, you don't get the third thing with projects. Some of the things he lacks - foot speed, explosiveness, leaping ability - aren't necessarily things you teach. I tend to look at him and Diarra as being at opposite ends of the spectrum - Diarra has a higher ceiling and Carlton is more likely to be a steady four year guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom