OT: Lost in the shuffle - Pitino still sucks | The Boneyard

OT: Lost in the shuffle - Pitino still sucks

Reaction Score
He's a terrible human being because he didn't promote an atmosphere of compliance - a nonsense term to begin with - at his basketball program?

Reaction Score
I think it would have done more to confirm him as an awful human being had the NCAA exonerated him, but I see your point. Biggest gangster in college ball.

Reaction Score
I'm sorry but these damn coaches work for schools and are supposed to be setting examples and standards of excellence that help these kids throughout their life. This garbage like at Baylor makes you question if the administrations are also bankrupt.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
JC said that Pitino was worse than Calipari, in part because unlike Calipari, Pitino tries to come across as some virtuous, caring person.

For someone who is as straight a shooter as Jim Calhoun to state he is worse than squid, dribbling Ricky has to be the slimy crud that you scrape off a toxic waste barrel.

Reaction Score
JC said that Pitino was worse than Calipari, in part because unlike Calipari, Pitino tries to come across as some virtuous, caring person.

For someone who is as straight a shooter as Jim Calhoun to state he is worse than squid, dribbling Ricky has to be the slimy crud that you scrape off a toxic waste barrel.
I think you are referring to a quote from this thread in 2011:
Coach Calhoun tidbits - long

"...he says the difference between Pitino and Calipari is ..."Rick is a bull*hitter that actually believes his own bull*hit, John is a bull*itter who openly knows he is selling you bull*hit and doesn't care"

Not sure which one is worse. I thought Calipari.

Reaction Score
I think you are referring to a quote from this thread in 2011:
Coach Calhoun tidbits - long

"...he says the difference between Pitino and Calipari is ..."Rick is a bull*hitter that actually believes his own bull*hit, John is a bull*itter who openly knows he is selling you bull*hit and doesn't care"

Not sure which one is worse. I thought Calipari.
Meh, con man vs. psychopath, you choose.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It is sad that the U of L freely sacrifices integrity to incredulously state that Pitino had absolutely no knowledge of the parties that occurred in a dorm for athletes (that has security cameras) EVERY time a top recruit came to town!

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
What is the likely outcome we should expect at the hearing this summer? Suspension for RP?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm sorry but these damn coaches work for schools and are supposed to be setting examples and standards of excellence that help these kids throughout their life. This garbage like at Baylor makes you question if the administrations are also bankrupt.

You really had to ask that? They are largely worse than any program staff members. Lookin at you PSU. And every SEC football school. And... never mind.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What I would love to hear is UL's explanation as to how it is possible for what happened to have happened without Pitino knowing anything about it yet it wasn't a failure to monitor on his part.

Reaction Score

How can you not love college bball when Pitino might only be the 2nd most sleazy cbb coach in his own state?

Reaction Score
I love Louisvilles defense to the NCAA in this case which basically comes down to the fact that the NCAA overvalued the fair market value of the sex the recruits got during their conjugal recruit visits and thus they should be considered minor violations not major ones.

You have to wonder about the thought process that wants to keep a guy like Pitino around after all that's come out about him....

pj

Reaction Score
I love Louisvilles defense to the NCAA in this case which basically comes down to the fact that the NCAA overvalued the fair market value of the sex the recruits got during their conjugal recruit visits and thus they should be considered minor violations not major ones.

You have to wonder about the thought process that wants to keep a guy like Pitino around after all that's come out about him....

Louisville: Sure, we give sex to recruits. But it's lousy sex!

North Carolina: Sure, we give fake classes to athletes. But we gave them to other students too!

The North Carolina defense was accepted by the NCAA. Louisville should have set up a brothel in the student union.

Reaction Score
With all of the tournament stuff going on, let's not forget what's important.

The NCAA confirms that Rick Pitino is an awful human being who lies and cheats.

What's even funner if they are advertising lawn equipment on this and the name of the mower is "SCAG"...that's beautiful!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom