OT: Looking for dog boarding recommendations | The Boneyard

OT: Looking for dog boarding recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My wife and I are looking to board our two dogs for a week while we are on vacation. Right now they are our kids so we really want to make sure they are well taken care of! Distance isn't an issue but ideally they would be located somewhere in the central part of the state. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Reaction Score
I've used the metro pooch before in north branford for our 3 dogs (think it cost $600 for the week) but the dogs get their own room and its climate controlled. You can also watch your dogs on your phone as each room has cameras.

As like you our dogs are our kids. They get spoiled to death. It was expensive but well worth it based on the accommodations and being able to check in on them from any smartphone or tablet.

During the day they also get to be part of the doggie daycare where they get human and other canine interaction for 9 hours

Last edited:

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
What? Waterboarding's not good enough for you?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My wife and I are looking to board our two dogs for a week while we are on vacation. Right now they are our kids so we really want to make sure they are well taken care of! Distance isn't an issue but ideally they would be located somewhere in the central part of the state. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Best Friends in Prospect is very good, if that's convenient for you. They have grooming services, too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dude, if water boarding wasn't okay, I really doubt "dog boarding" will fly. I appreciate the creativity, though.
upload_2016-3-30_16-31-48.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Best Friends in Prospect is very good, if that's convenient for you. They have grooming services, too.

I use Best Friends as well, except in Rocky Hill. I've always had a good experience with them. It's like $48 per night with the stay and play group. My dog always comes home tired after playing with the other dogs. There are also locations in Avon and Norwalk, if those are more convenient.

Reaction Score
Best Friends is a national chain with many locations throughout the state.
A smaller family owned is Beacon Paws in Beacon Falls.

Most places make sure you are up to date on yearly vacs for the dogs.

I would suggest visiting the places you are considering and get a feel for the people and atmosphere.
If you get any bad vibes than look elsewhere.

Also very important to get your "furkids" comfortable with place you decide on.
So have them do multiple days of daycare before you leave.
This is very important, I would not suggest the first time your dogs see this place is when you drop them off for the week.

Reaction Score
I just used Beacon Paws last week for 5 days, 2 dogs with grooming cost just over $400. They usually are pretty tired when they come home. I would recommend the all-day play. They match the size and temperament of the dogs for safety.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
I pay $50 a day for someone to come to my house three times a day, let them out, feed them, give them some love... there is an organization called dog sitters (I think) who are professional and bonded. A lot less stress for the dogs to be home.

Reaction Score
I use Best Friends as well, except in Rocky Hill. I've always had a good experience with them. It's like $48 per night with the stay and play group. My dog always comes home tired after playing with the other dogs. There are also locations in Avon and Norwalk, if those are more convenient.

Yup, always use Best Friends. Never had an issue and my dogs love it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom