OT: (Link) FSU just like UNC, etc. | The Boneyard

OT: (Link) FSU just like UNC, etc.

Reaction Score
Makes me think that, maybe, colleges should not be in the pro sport athlete development business. What a monster it has become, led by the P5.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Makes me think that, maybe, colleges should not be in the pro sport athlete development business. What a monster it has become, led by the P5.

It's been this way for a loooong time man. Just more info out there now.

Reaction Score
Football Favoritism at F.S.U.: The Price One Teacher Paid

Tennessee and UNC and now FSU.

The fact that UConn got dinged for a poor APR is just downright humorous at this point.

While I agree with the UConn part of your post, your title irks me. If it's not a case of creating fake classes with fake teachers giving fake grades on fake papers, then it's not UNC.

I'm sure there have been millions of cases of teachers being pressured to give certain grades to players, or to overlook plagiarism. That's nowhere near the systemic abuse that UNC created. Don't minimize it.

Reaction Score
While I agree with the UConn part of your post, your title irks me. If it's not a case of creating fake classes with fake teachers giving fake grades on fake papers, then it's not UNC.

I'm sure there have been millions of cases of teachers being pressured to give certain grades to players, or to overlook plagiarism. That's nowhere near the systemic abuse that UNC created. Don't minimize it.

Did you read the article? It was systemic. They even got rid of the specific online classes that these players were regularly cheating under. Read up on Bonn. He had been teaching a class like that for many years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Really? With a couple of schools annually fielding teams with 3-6 NBA 1st round picks on them? Disagree.

We were talking about the underhanded nature of college sport competition, not the one and done phenomenon.

But you could look to UCLA in the 70s to see a similar system. I know it's not apples to apples.

Reaction Score
They should pull a Syracuse RIGHT NOW. Tell everyone what they did and let the world know we have already given our program the sanctions it deserves. We will keep our football team out of the postseason bowls this year to satisfy our wrongdoings.

I mean after last nights loss and losing their QB this season is aching for the Old Spice Bowl at best so why not?

pj

Reaction Score
They should pull a Syracuse RIGHT NOW. Tell everyone what they did and let the world know we have already given our program the sanctions it deserves. We will keep our football team out of the postseason bowls this year to satisfy our wrongdoings.

I mean after last nights loss and losing their QB this season is aching for the Old Spice Bowl at best so why not?

Their defense is that they give away these offers to non-athletes too.

When I was at Harvard, the word came down that the Sultan of Brunei's daughter could not be failed. When I was at Berkeley, it was so much hassle to deal with cheaters, that the professors always gave them the opportunity to re-do their work rather than have to report them. These are widespread practices in modern universities.

Reaction Score
This teacher is a complete idiot

It makes the school million so of $$ and is a key to attracting students, better students. Who cares if some or most of the football players only there to prepare for the NFL don't care about the academics.

Go teach at a school without this if it is so offensive.

Did you read the article? It was systemic. They even got rid of the specific online classes that these players were regularly cheating under. Read up on Bonn. He had been teaching a class like that for many years.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

It makes the school million so of $$ and is a key to attracting students, better students. Who cares if some or most of the football players only there to prepare for the NFL don't care about the academics.

Yah, tell that to the UCONN athletic Dept like 5-10 years ago.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
When I was at Harvard, the word came down that the Sultan of Brunei's daughter could not be failed. When I was at Berkeley, it was so much hassle to deal with cheaters, that the professors always gave them the opportunity to re-do their work rather than have to report them. These are widespread practices in modern universities.

Most Harvard kids can't really fail these days. It brings down the schools national rankings so it rarely happens. The Harvard 'B', so to speak. That's what I've rad at any rate.

I see that humble brag there pj.

pj

Reaction Score
Most Harvard kids can't really fail these days. It brings down the schools national rankings so it rarely happens. The Harvard 'B', so to speak. That's what I've rad at any rate.

I see that humble brag there pj.

That was in a universe far away and long ago.

Reaction Score

In my experience the kids in the class paying full fare care. They get angry about it. There is no university without them. If you think this is a regular thing you're nuts. Almost no one would do it who isn't otherwise paid extra or compromised. Or else an AD employee

Reaction Score

Any virtually every school gets your tax money for something. Just let the pro leagues stop the foolish 1 year in college and we're all better off.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom