OT: (last one of the offseason) best Halloween candy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: (last one of the offseason) best Halloween candy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I bet a lot of people who claim to hate candy with nuts or coconut probably tried them once when they were little and decided it was strange so they wouldn't eat it again. Chocolate without nuts is pretty boring.

Reaction Score
I think people's taste do change with time. This being said, I had a Kit Kat tonight and it was awesome.

It sucks that too much sugar is bad for you. Everything in moderation I suppose except for....

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Can we all agree that NECCO Wafers are the worst? Yes? Let's move on.
Pretty much the worst. I do remember as a kid getting a kind of pure sugar candy that came in little circles and was pasted
to an adding machine type paper tape. Belt fed candy that actually still would have paper stuck to it when you tore it off to
get the sugar hit. Horrible but as a kid I would eat anything that was sugar.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Best: Take 5 (now) or Bar None (kid)
Worst: Bit of Honey or Candy Corn (always)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
My favorites are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers...which is a problem, because the last few months, whenever I've had either, I'll start coughing when I'm swallowing them and my throat feels a little scratchy. Is it possible to develop a peanut allergy as an adult? I hope not, because I love peanut butter.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My favorites are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Snickers...which is a problem, because the last few months, whenever I've had either, I'll start coughing when I'm swallowing them and my throat feels a little scratchy. Is it possible to develop a peanut allergy as an adult? I hope not, because I love peanut butter.

Before thinking allergy try removing the wrapper.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Yes, I've read that it is possible and peanut allergies can be very serious. Ask your doctor about it.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Worst: Mounds
Best: Almond Joy

Just kidding. The answer, like boog said, is Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (followed by Snickers).

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I like Necco wafers but wouldn't go out of my way to buy them. I also remember those sugar dots on the paper, those were bizarre and impossible to separate from the paper cleanly.

Reaction Score
I bet a lot of people who claim to hate candy with nuts or coconut probably tried them once when they were little and decided it was strange so they wouldn't eat it again. Chocolate without nuts is pretty boring.
I claim to hate candy with almonds and coconut, because I don't like almonds or coconut

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Take 5's are great.

Never was a fan of sugar candies- Dum Dums, Sweet Tarts, Necco, Starburst, etc.

Always like chocolate, caramel and some kind of peanut combo- Snickers, Baby Ruth's, etc.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No love for the Whatchamacallit?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
No love for the Whatchamacallit?
Not a common Halloween treat. My haul didn't yield a single one. Love them, tho.

Reaction Score
Like Fishy, I am back to avoiding sugar like it is poison. Technically, up to 8g a day is ok but none of these fit that constraint, sadly.

Before I had died, I have to say Kit Kat was my favorite. I love wafers. Peanut Butter Cups, Crunch Bars and Baby Ruth are close. I used to like Twix and 100 Thousand bars but anything qith that much caramel turns my stomach into Dante's inferno now.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member