OT: Lance Thomas settles w/ jewelry case | The Boneyard

OT: Lance Thomas settles w/ jewelry case

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I'm guessing some Gag Order will sweep this under the rug for Duke. We will see.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
I'm guessing some Gag Order will sweep this under the rug for Duke. We will see.

It's the NCAA, so if it were a UConn player, we would be forced to prove it wasn't preferential treatment. It's a Dook player so the NCAA will claim it has no way to prove it was preferential treatment.

Reaction Score
Love it, if you can buy silence then everything is OK with the NCAA.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Without subpoena power there is very little the NCAA can do if everyone clams up and decides not to talk.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This problem just went away.

Jimmy Hoffa will talk to the NCAA before Thomas and that jeweler - Houdini would give this escape a slow golf clap.

Reaction Score
Isnt them not talking an admission of guilt. Isnt the fact that it occurred enough? WTF?
\

Reaction Score
Kid had no job and got a huge loan for jewelry. Forget that he had 30k in his pocket lets accept the fact he found it in the subway on the way there. The loan is the illegal benefit. He had no job and unless someone shows us different it is a violation. So them not talking and saying how he was actually a computer programmer who quietly made thousands during the season for supporting databases or building web sites the kid did exactly what he wasnt supposed to do. Period.

Reaction Score
Kid had no job and got a huge loan for jewelry. Forget that he had 30k in his pocket lets accept the fact he found it in the subway on the way there. The loan is the illegal benefit. He had no job and unless someone shows us different it is a violation. So them not talking and saying how he was actually a computer programmer who quietly made thousands during the season for supporting databases or building web sites the kid did exactly what he wasnt supposed to do. Period.

Mike Anthony wrote in the OTF section of the courant's sport paper that there may be an NCAA investigation, and Duke may have used an ineligible player on its way to a national championship. Either Anthony is a week behind in his college hoops news, or he knows something no one else does.

Reaction Score
Mike Anthony wrote in the OTF section of the courant's sport paper that there may be an NCAA investigation, and Duke may have used an ineligible player on its way to a national championship. Either Anthony is a week behind in his college hoops news, or he knows something no one else does.

I'd guess that the column is a week behind. The only thing that I found was from AP saying that Duke and the NCAA are still looking into this, which basically means that it's a dead issue.

Reaction Score
Gregg Doyel of CBSSports.com does his usual hatchet job pertaining to this subject. But I have no problem reading this one since it's about Dook! :)

Will Coach K, Duke skate again? Yes, unless the heat stays on Blue Devils

This Lance Thomas case could follow a similar path. It's getting interest now, but another scandal will happen soon enough, something shiny and sparkly, and like a bunch of dumb cats we'll let Duke go and we'll pounce on the new target. The Lance Thomas story will fade. That's what the NCAA is counting on, anyway.

So is Duke.

Don't let this one fade, people. It's not so much that Duke was dastardly in 2010 -- it's the hypocrisy of the NCAA, which arbitrarily chooses the schools, and coaches, it wants to punish.

This one is all or nothing. Either Duke surrenders the 2010 national title ... or nothing happens.

Don't let this one fade, people.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I cut and pasted the article to an impassioned email i sent to Dr. Emmert begging him to show equal interest in this violation as he did to other lesser violations at other schools. I was bored and feeling especially angry after reading the article so it seemed like a reasonable step to take.

Reaction Score
Live look into Mark Emmert's office:

2l8vr6e.jpg

Reaction Score
This one is all or nothing. Either Duke surrenders the 2010 national title ... or nothing happens.

Don't let this one fade, people.
I like this. So Puke has 3 national titles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom