OT: Lance Stephenson to Hornets | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Lance Stephenson to Hornets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He'll do something crazy and they'll wish they never gave him a contract at all. If he was smart he would have taken the longer deal the pacers had on the table.

Reaction Score
He'll do something crazy and they'll wish they never gave him a contract at all. If he was smart he would have taken the longer deal the pacers had on the table.
do something crazy like what? be the youngest guard to average 7 RPG & 4 APG since Magic Johnson in 1983?

Reaction Score
He's lazy on defense (Not sure where this "great defensive player" thought came from) and used to throw tantrums when he didn't get the ball. That'll be fun for Kemba.

It comes from reality. 4.8 DWS, Drtg of 101, behind only Noah, George, Jordan, and Butler for guys who played 35mpg last year.

Reaction Score

Any lottery predictions since your so smart?

Reaction Score
It comes from reality. 4.8 DWS, Drtg of 101, behind only Noah, George, Jordan, and Butler for guys who played 35mpg last year.

I'm a fan of The Pacers. I watched that team the entire season. For the record, the Pacers were a better team when Lance Stephenson was the fifth option on offense. Which was the case in the first half of last season, and the season before.

The kid got pissed that he was snubbed from the All Star game, started playing for his next contract, and essentially blew up the Pacers locker room. There were some other issues too (like Hibbert's an over emotional wimp) but three of the other four starters, plus a few bench players, had issues with Lance.

Larry's in love with his talent. And the Pacers can't spend the same amount of money on anyone else that they could on Lance, but he was causing problems.

If the Hornets get the Lance Stephenson from the first half of last season, they've got a good player. If they get the Stephenson from the second half, they'll use their team option in the third year. My guess is he's going to spend the majority of his time in Charlotte throwing tantrums because Kemba is the primary ball handler.

Reaction Score
Stephenson is getting better and better. He's young and talented. It could work.

Reaction Score
Lance did a couple bone headed plays on the court but should not take away from the player he is. He does compete hard on both sides of the ball and his contract is a good deal. He doesn't make them a championship team but makes them a whole lot better. But I do agree they need some shooting .

Reaction Score
This team could definitely win a playoff series now but Jordan may lose days of sleep dealing with Stephenson and Hairston.
I'd love to be wrong, but Im thinking Jordan just ref_cked his franchise. Youth is great, but how about adding some character instead of suspect characters.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Our guy Kemba has character and leadership skills. If you add Al Jefferson and
Possibly Boozer, there should be enough leadership on the team. One more veteran would help. I just hope Stephenson doesn't clash with Kemba and therefore chip away with what is already established there. They've made progress.

Reaction Score
As a huge Pacers fan I feel obligated to comment. At times I loved Lance, his swagger and confidence won the Pacers many games, most notably Game 6 vs. the Knicks in 2013 Playoffs. However, he isn't a system guy. He scored the majority of his points, got the majority of his rebounds, and contributed the MOST at the end of the 1st quarter and the beginning/middle of the 2nd when the starters were on the bench. He did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted during those stretches. The Pacers 2nd unit was atrocious and Lance took advantage of that to showcase his skills. When he was in with the starters he was very average.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He's a nut, but the craziest thing he's ever done was sign this contract. The Hornets stole him - they really only have $18M sunk into him and if he's a problem, he's easily unloaded.

The Hornets need offense and Stephenson is becoming an excellent offensive player - not a great shooter, but improving there as well. He's also 23 years old and you can throw him on LeBron or Durant and he won't give an inch.

Not buying that he somehow scored all of his point against the second units...he carried his season averages in the playoffs as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
stephenson is one of the best passing AND rebounding shooting guards in the league. perhaps the best. throw in his stellar perimeter defense, this contract starts seeming crazy; unless he wants to prove himself and get an even bigger contract when this one is done.

Reaction Score
He wanted a short-term contract preferably 2 year or a much more lucrative long-term deal. Stephenson is a huge upgrade from Henderson.

Reaction Score
It is my personal opinion that he is a head case, in the mood of a jr smith. No denying the kid has talent but what extra baggage will come with that? How will it affect the team? For the bobcats I guess it is worth the risk.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
It is my personal opinion that he is a head case, in the mood of a jr smith. No denying the kid has talent but what extra baggage will come with that? How will it affect the team? For the bobcats I guess it is worth the risk.
JR Smith's only good skill is scoring. Lance is a decent scorer but also creates a lot of plays off of pick-and-rolls and actually plays defense. His rebounding numbers are a bit inflated because he "steals" some from his teammates but he is a pretty good offensive rebounder.

Reaction Score
No doubt. Wasnt saying he is on the same level as smith, although I dont think the gap between the 2 is as large you think it is. But doesnt take away from him being a headcase and having the potential to mess with that teams chemistry and to devalue himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom