OT: KU police investigating alleged rape of 16-year-old girl at basketball players’ dorm | The Boneyard

OT: KU police investigating alleged rape of 16-year-old girl at basketball players’ dorm

Reaction Score
KU police investigating alleged rape of 16-year-old girl at basketball players’ dorm

>>No description of the suspect was released by KU police, including whether the suspect is a student or lives at McCarthy Hall. The alleged offender was suspected of using drugs and alcohol, according to the police report, and officers confiscated two glass smoking devices with residue.<<

>>The five persons listed as witnesses in the police report are members of the Jayhawks’ basketball team: Frank Mason III, Mitch Lightfoot, Lagerald Vick, Tucker Vang and Josh Jackson.<<

>>In addition to the report that the 16-year-old girl was raped at McCarthy Hall, a report of a runaway child was made from the same address around 4 a.m. Dec. 18. No information about the child was provided in a police report obtained by The Star, though the same two 19-year-old women and a sixth KU basketball player, Carlton Bragg, are listed as witnesses. According to the Journal-World, the runaway was located and picked up.<<

Reaction Score
Took a peak at the Kansas board yesterday and it's really bad, a whole lot of victim blaming.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
KU needs to answer for why they put students at risk by not reporting the "alleged" incident for 10 days.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Self will have his hands full with this one.

Absolutely. And the next two games are Kentucky and Baylor.

It won't be swept under the rug, but they won't rush to judgment either. I think that's the right approach. Gather the facts and act accordingly. The dorm is 50-50 basketball players and other students.
“If information is brought to us that warrants action at any time, the appropriate action will be taken.” I don't doubt it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
KU needs to answer for why they put students at risk by not reporting the "alleged" incident for 10 days.

“The reason we don’t put out a suspect description (is) because the investigation’s ongoing,” James Anguiano, deputy police chief for the KU Public Safety Office, told The Star.

Anguiano said if law enforcement felt the alleged crime was a threat to campus, or could be a threat to campus, they would put out a crime alert to students. In this case, KU police didn’t and said in a release that “there is no on-going risk to campus.”

Reaction Score
Absolutely. And the next two games are Kentucky and Baylor.

It won't be swept under the rug, but they won't rush to judgment either. I think that's the right approach. Gather the facts and act accordingly. The dorm is 50-50 basketball players and other students.
“If information is brought to us that warrants action at any time, the appropriate action will be taken.” I don't doubt it.

This has always been the right approach, but the question is what that entails. With Bragg, that meant sitting him until his name was cleared. The circumstances are certainly different, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This has always been the right approach, but the question is what that entails. With Bragg, that meant sitting him until his name was cleared. The circumstances are certainly different, so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Agreed. In that case he was specifically accused. Here all we know is that players are listed as witnesses. I'm guessing there's no video here either, which helped exonerate Bragg.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I bet they just find a video exonerating him of the whole thing and completely proving his innocence a week later but won't release the footage or any details and just expect everyone to believe it.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
KU has a big game vs UK this weekend. Will ESPN be talking about this? Nope.
I was watching the 06 game at Syracuse recently I believe where we blew them out and the number of times Shulman and Vitale stopped covering the actual game on the court to repeatedly summarize the ENTIRETY of the AJ Price and Marcus Williams laptopgate scandal was incredible. Seriously go watch the replay, I counted 13 mentions in the first half alone. Then you watch some other teams mid scandals/controversy and it's the opposite, hell we are still hearing about the APR every single time they do one of those "Kevin ollie career timeline highlights" graphics they do once a game.

Reaction Score
This will absolutely get swept under the rug. It already has. Unfortunate- but it will.

Reaction Score
It'll be interesting to see how this ends up in no penalties for Kansas
I hate to break it to you but if a basketball player rapes someone (I am not saying this happened) it is not an NCAA violation, so it will not be interesting at all.

Reaction Score
One thing or another (not putting this on same level as rape):

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
One thing or another (not putting this in same level as rape):

Josh Jackson has the whole NBA world in front of him - unreal he can't stay cool for 6 months - he's a one and done
Not sure I've heard a lot of this stuff happening at Kansas
Could be as little as breaking furniture or a window in a dorm - who knows
Hope its not like Tallahassee and FSU where the star of the football team is given carte blanche to break the law
Bill Self must be not sleeping well these days

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Breaking furniture or a window??? Huh?

Did you not read the linked article?

The police report said the two players are suspects in damaging a car outside a club. The car belongs to the same person who charged Vick in 2015 with assaulting her.

How do you not understand this could involve breaking dorm windows and furniture?

Reaction Score
Josh Jackson how disappointing is that? What a dope. Seems intelligent yet with his future already knocking on the door the fact he's even close to involved on this is just stupidity.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom