OT - Kobe | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT - Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Duncan has a arguable case to be a top 5 NBA player of all time, probably 5-10 somewhere though. He's the best PF of all time imo. Kobe's probably just outside the top 10.

And pretty much every major publication has them ranked as such. Every one of the "greatest ever" lists has Duncan ahead of Kobe. And they're right. Duncan did everything right. When he was the best, he was the best. When he wasn't the best, he was willing to take a step back (and less money) to keep fielding a contending team. And he still has all the accolades (actually more) and championships beside his name.

Reaction Score
Have you noticed that a lot of people who have the relentless, uncompromising will to become the very best in their chosen field and the natural ability accompanying that - whether in art, music, sports, whatever - aren't necessarily people you'd like to have a beer with? That "step back" you talk about is often the difference between very good and being great.

You can be great without being a huge . See Duncan, LeBron and others. You've never heard a teammate say anything bad about either of those guys. Meanwhile, MJ was punching teammates and Kobe was on tape in a mall parking lot trashing a teammate who would eventually help him win 2 more championships.

Reaction Score
You can be great without being a huge . See Duncan, LeBron and others. You've never heard a teammate say anything bad about either of those guys. Meanwhile, MJ was punching teammates and Kobe was on tape in a mall parking lot trashing a teammate who would eventually help him win 2 more championships.

There are exceptions to everything. The annals of history are FULL of "geniuses" who were pretty damaged human beings. I'd make a list but it'd probably be easier to list the ones who weren't.

Reaction Score
There are exceptions to everything. The annals of history are FULL of "geniuses" who were pretty damaged human beings. I'd make a list but it'd probably be easier to list the ones who weren't.

No doubt, more than likely plenty on the teams we all rooted for I'm sure. And they were guys we rooted for but had blinders on. (imagine that?)

Reaction Score
MJ shot 50% from the field 8 times and finished at 50% for his career. Even with the Wizards years. Kobe has never shot 50% from the field. MJ was the master of the midrange game in his prime and later years.
Not saying the Kobe was the better shooter, just said that his signature fadeaway move was perfection.

Reaction Score

There actually quite a few people who think LeBron is a . I use to not think that way until my uncle told me a story about him working at his compound in Ohio a few years ago. Really changed my perception of LeBron true colors

Reaction Score
Not saying the Kobe was the better shooter, just said that his signature fadeaway move was perfection.
Its a "signature move" that he got from MJ, did you watch Jordan? Nothing wrong with emulating the best, but its a bit weird that you're attributing that move to Kobe and not the master at it. Next you're gonna tell us Durant was the master at the one legged step back jumper.

Reaction Score
Its a "signature move" that he got from MJ, did you watch Jordan? Nothing wrong with emulating the best, but its a bit weird that you're attributing that move to Kobe and not the master at it. Next you're gonna tell us Durant was the master at the one legged step back jumper.

Not sure what you are trying to say. All I said was "Not saying the Kobe was the better shooter, just said that his signature fadeaway move was perfection."

Of course he got it from Jordan, but what's your point? Are you saying that two players can't have the same signature move?

Reaction Score
Not sure what you are trying to say. All I said was "Not saying the Kobe was the better shooter, just said that his signature fadeaway move was perfection."

Of course he got it from Jordan, but what's your point? Are you saying that two players can't have the same signature move?

My point was you said it was the best ever, better than MJs, and I'm telling you it wasn't.

Reaction Score
My point was you said it was the best ever, better than MJs, and I'm telling you it wasn't.
Oh okay. We just are having a difference of opinions. That's cool.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I know a LOT of people don't like Whitlock, and he does have his failings, but he often nails it, which is more than your can say about most.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree with a lot of what he says, but he loses credibility when he tries to downplay Kobe's performance Wednesday night. Makes it look like there might be some personal history or a vendetta when you're extreme to that extent.

Reaction Score
I'd rather have Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith live with me for a week than have to listen to Jason Whitlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom