OT - Kobe | The Boneyard

OT - Kobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's absolutely incredible what he's doing right now.

22-50 from the field. 50! 50 shots in a 48 minute game. He did not go gently into that good night. I'm calling a comeback in a year or two in a bench scorer role for some good team.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
22-50 from the field. 50! 50 shots in a 48 minute game. He did not go gently into that good night. I'm calling a comeback in a year or two in a bench scorer role for some good team.
I was thinking the same thing, in his press conference he inform everyone to come get their farewell gifts... he's playing another season

Reaction Score
Best farewell ever. Not gonna lie eyes were watering seeing the greatest player of my generation leaving the game for good. But so appropriate for this to be the end. Gonna miss you Kobe.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He told a sideline reporter after the game he's done for good. I'm sure he has many plans in place going forward. That won't stop rumors though.

Reaction Score
He told a sideline reporter after the game he's done for good. I'm sure he has many plans in place going forward. That won't stop rumors though.

It definitely won't stop teams from contacting him, never say never he could feel great in a year and have that urge to play again, but he's done he's won 5 rings and isn't hurting for any money.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It definitely won't stop teams from contacting him, he's done but never say never he could feel great in a year and have that urge to play again.
I honestly doubt good teams would even want him. He's gonna demand a ton of money, was very inefficient his final year, probably can't accept playing second fiddle to anyone, like I said previously must have some sort of plans after basketball he'd have to walk away from, he loves the idea of only playing for the Lakers, and I'm sure there's more. If the Warriors called him tomorrow and said they'd sign him up, he might do it, but even then I'd bet he's officially done.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
I know the man speaks Italian fluently, but he's just making us all look bad answering these questions in Spanish.

Reaction Score
I honestly doubt good teams would even want him. He's gonna demand a ton of money, was very inefficient his final year, probably can't accept playing second fiddle to anyone, like I said previously must have some sort of plans after basketball he'd have to walk away from, he loves the idea of only playing for the Lakers, and I'm sure there's more. If the Warriors called him tomorrow and said they'd sign him up, he might do it, but even then I'd bet he's officially done.

Sure teams will contact him, but Kobe won't jump at the offer. I think he's a guy who deeply cares about his legacy. During the 2007-08 season the Celtics contacted Reggie Miller about coming out of retirement and he declined and he didnt win a ring so why would Kobe do it when he already has 5 of them.

Reaction Score
Legacy of selfishness, to tank a team for a season just so bask in past glory. Watching Jordan growing up, Kobe always seemed like a phoney imitation. 2-3 years too long on the end.

caw

Reaction Score
Legacy of selfishness, to tank a team for a season just so bask in past glory. Watching Jordan growing up, Kobe always seemed like a phoney imitation. 2-3 years too long on the end.

Agreed but still a pretty good imitation. Just be glad you got to see both play. May not see another like that in a long time, with the shift in focus of the NBA

Reaction Score
Agreed but still a pretty good imitation. Just be glad you got to see both play. May not see another like that in a long time, with the shift in focus of the NBA

I enjoy the team game more. Jordan was not considered selfish and got teammates to perform. Kobe failed at this and really came off poorly when he tried to demand greatness from others like Jordan did. I really dislike Kobe - Let's not forget about the rape either. That ego... I am just ready for him to go away and that is happening.

Reaction Score
I enjoy the team game more. Jordan was not considered selfish and got teammates to perform. Kobe failed at this and really came off poorly when he tried to demand greatness from others like Jordan did.

Yup.... Um, you know he won 5 championships right? He was not Jordan and there were times when he tried to be. But to say that he never got teammates to perform is asinine. Before you say, "But Shaq?" You can easily counter with Pippen; one of the most underrated players in the history of the NBA. Jordan never won without Phil or at least one hall of famer around him either. And that's transitively assuming that Pau Gasol qualifies as a hall of famer, and I'm not so sure about that.

I never liked his ego and thought he came out a bit douchey at times, but in my lifetime (36 years and counting), he is on the short list of the single most talented basketball players I've ever seen. He did things that only Jordan could do and when hot hit shots that I'm not sure Jordan could have hit. He was talented.

Reaction Score
Yup...Um you know that you need to fully read and comprehend a post before cherry picking half of a sentence. The point I am making is the period where Kobe openly trashed his teammates in the press, made it difficult for them and ran them out. Jordan it behind the scenes. Kobe openly showed disgust even as his talent vastly declined.

Kobe is also mixed up in a sexual assault and I personally find that revolting regardless of how well you can put a ball through a hoop.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Never warmed up to Kobe. Magic had that radiant smile. Kobe always looked like a weasel and was never funny like Barkley.
Never thought he was a great ambassador for the league. Kobe was always about Kobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom