OT Knicks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Knicks

Reaction Score
That loss sucked, you will sign up for 3-3 on the road trip. Frank should replace Elfrid Payton in the starting lineup. I’m fine with Rose coming off the bench for this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Elfrid Payton is terrible
Yeah, he can't start anymore.

Rose, Barrett, Bullock, Randle, Noel w/ Burks, Quickley, Gibson as the main guys off the bench.

Ntilikina is an interesting wild card. Toppin only if needed. Don't want to see Knox sniff the floor.

It's fun being excited for Knicks games this late in the season. I can't say I'm a Knicks "fan" anymore, but I'll be watching and rooting them on!

Reaction Score
Good game to watch as a college basketball fan, Celtics starting Payton Pritchard (Oregon), Romeo Langford (Indiana), Grant Williams (Tennessee), Semi Ojeleye (SMU) and Luke Kornet (Vanderbilt).

Grant Williams one of my favorite recent college players.

Honest question: On a scale of 1-10, what "excitement" rating would regular NBA watchers give the first quarter?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ugliest big win ever. Randle had a great season but he really stinks at "Hero" ball. He needs to keep playing within the system and pass the ball for the open three. Randle in isolation will lead to Knick desolation.

Reaction Score
This thread got moved but a thread on Russell Westbrook is still in the hoops forum?

Anyway, 4-seed! I like our chances vs ATL.

Reaction Score
Wow, Knicks playoff basketball. Gee, thanks to TNT for making such an auspicious occurrence near unwatchable.

For one, I feel like I just watched more commercials than basketball. Beyond that, listening to Spiro whatever his name, the 12 year old nerd doing "play by play" to the idiocy of there being 15,000 people in the arena but the announcers can't be, to the continued obsession with showing interviews with the coaches DURING the game, to the announcers reading commercials, that experience was AWFUL. Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch the NBA. Show the game. STFU. It's not really that complicated. But for some reason, they make it that way.

Beyond how awful that broadcast was, I like the Knicks chances considering how terrible Randle was and how average the Knicks defense was for the majority of the game.

Reaction Score
Wow, Knicks playoff basketball. Gee, thanks to TNT for making such an auspicious occurrence near unwatchable.

For one, I feel like I just watched more commercials than basketball. Beyond that, listening to Spiro whatever his name, the 12 year old nerd doing "play by play" to the idiocy of there being 15,000 people in the arena but the announcers can't be, to the continued obsession with showing interviews with the coaches DURING the game, to the announcers reading commercials, that experience was AWFUL. Thanks for reminding me why I don't watch the NBA. Show the game. STFU. It's not really that complicated. But for some reason, they make it that way.

Beyond how awful that broadcast was, I like the Knicks chances considering how terrible Randle was and how average the Knicks defense was for the majority of the game.
Based on this, I was thankful for the MSG broadcast.

I was really impressed with Burks' poise and the steady post-presence of Noel/Gibson. Quickley/Barrett were impressive too.

Randle looked physically nervous. I'd expect him to bounce back in Game 2.

Reaction Score
Somewhat ignoble end to what was the first enjoyable season of Knicks basketball in decades. This team played hard and was easy to root for. Atlanta really found a way to shut down Randle & Barrett in the playoffs. I hope they bring back Derrick Rose for next season, but either way, they need to improve themselves at the PG spot. I'm hoping some of the coveted free agents saw the electricity in MSG for those playoff games and want to be a part of it.

Reaction Score
Somewhat ignoble end to what was the first enjoyable season of Knicks basketball in decades. This team played hard and was easy to root for. Atlanta really found a way to shut down Randle & Barrett in the playoffs. I hope they bring back Derrick Rose for next season, but either way, they need to improve themselves at the PG spot. I'm hoping some of the coveted free agents saw the electricity in MSG for those playoff games and want to be a part of it.
Should be an interesting offseason, only 4 real rotation pieces returning (Randle, Barrett, Quickley, Toppin). Getting a PG and wings who can score the ball is at the top of my wishlist, hopefully Mitch is re-signed as well

Reaction Score
Not so sure about Toppin at this point. Mitch would be a helpful re-sign.

Problem for the Knicks in getting a top-tier PG or any other top-tier player is that the player has to view the team as a potential contender. Not sure a Dame Lillard would view it that way when his current team is close to it already. Neither Randle nor Barrett showed a lot in this series so it is not comparable to Harden's wanting to join the Nets to play with Durant and Irving.

Easier to get complementary pieces, but those may not be enough. Their 2 draft picks are farther down the draft so I am not sure what would be available there. It is supposed to be a deep draft so we'll see how it washes out.

Reaction Score
Neither Randle nor Barrett showed a lot in this series so it is not comparable to Harden's wanting to join the Nets to play with Durant and Irving.
But what it is comparable to is the Nets 2019 team that exceeded expectations on their way to a 42-40 season and a 4-1 1st round loss. And that's the team that Kyrie and KD looked at and decided to join

Reaction Score
But what it is comparable to is the Nets 2019 team that exceeded expectations on their way to a 42-40 season and a 4-1 1st round loss. And that's the team that Kyrie and KD looked at and decided to join
Let's hope then that other players will use that logic and come to MSG.

Or, closer to home that DC, KF, AK or similar players will see UConn as an aspiration to follow.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Not so sure about Toppin at this point. Mitch would be a helpful re-sign.

Problem for the Knicks in getting a top-tier PG or any other top-tier player is that the player has to view the team as a potential contender. Not sure a Dame Lillard would view it that way when his current team is close to it already. Neither Randle nor Barrett showed a lot in this series so it is not comparable to Harden's wanting to join the Nets to play with Durant and Irving.

Easier to get complementary pieces, but those may not be enough. Their 2 draft picks are farther down the draft so I am not sure what would be available there. It is supposed to be a deep draft so we'll see how it washes out.

Trade for kemba....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom