OT Knicks | The Boneyard

OT Knicks

Reaction Score
Quickley is fun to watch, smart player with a great shot.
I have maintained for months that Bouk should watch tape of IQ...kid is FEARLESS with both his shot and getting to the rim and drawing contact

Reaction Score
If only Dolan wasn't such a

Always the Knicks biggest threat. The Clippers became good when Donald Sterling was still there, so we’ll see what happens.

Reaction Score
I have maintained for months that Bouk should watch tape of IQ...kid is FEARLESS with both his shot and getting to the rim and drawing contact

Well, he's terrible at getting to the rim and finishing--and launches his floater too often--but he draws plenty of fouls with the Trae Young nonsense. He's only attempted 25 shots at the rim all season. He's shooting .391 on shots 3-10 feet (basically contested layups). I think he has the 4th-worst floater % in the league. I don't really care though because we finally drafted a guard who can shoot from deep lol. It shows how ridiculous of an impact a shooting role player can have. It's a small sample size but the Randle/Barrett/Quickley lineup is ridiculous on the offensive end of the floor and Thibs barely uses it.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can't remember the last time I said I'd rather watch the Knicks than the Yanks if given the choice.

Reaction Score
I can't remember the last time I said I'd rather watch the Knicks than the Yanks if given the choice.
2013 is the last time you could say that. That 2013 Knicks team is forgotten, that team was better team then this one, but it is a different feeling because there were zero expectations this year. The youth factor as well, mixed in with vets and the open cap space. Only young guy on the 2013 team was Shumpert.

Its amazing that Girardi had a winning season that year with the Yankees btw.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thibedo has made a difference also. Being a knick fan is fun again. Also agree Topin is a bust right now, Should move him in the off-season.

Reaction Score
Thibedo has made a difference also. Being a knick fan is fun again. Also agree Topin is a bust right now, Should move him in the off-season.
What team would offer anything of value for a bust? Maybe a third rounder if such existed. A late second rounder?

Stephen A. was right about Toppin.. The Knicks would have been better off selecting Tyrese Haliburton.

What about Frank Ntilkina? He has had enough time to confirm his lack of value to the team.

Reaction Score
Its a bit early to call Toppin a bust he gave the Knicks good minutes the other night, with Rose. They gotta get something from him can't keep playing Randle 40 minutes every night. Shouldve taken Haliburton however, we wouldnt have taken Quickly then, one example how the Knicks won the Porzingis trade.

Reaction Score
What team would offer anything of value for a bust? Maybe a third rounder if such existed. A late second rounder?

Stephen A. was right about Toppin.. The Knicks would have been better off selecting Tyrese Haliburton.

What about Frank Ntilkina? He has had enough time to confirm his lack of value to the team.
Stephen A. was right about something? Guess it can happen to anyone.

Reaction Score
Shouldve taken Haliburton however, we wouldnt have taken Quickly then, one example how the Knicks won the Porzingis trade.

Which is silly because Haliburton and IQ are not similar players and would have coexisted nicely, though I guarantee the reason they didn't take Haliburton was that they knew they had a steal in Quickley. We didn't even workout Haliburton according to Hali himself, so there was no interest.

The team needed backcourt help in the worst way. Barrett, Haliburton, and IQ would be a nice young core of guards. The Toppin pick made little sense at the time, even before we know how big of a project he was. Team after team passed on him and our draft room was celebrating like we just drafted LeBron.

Reaction Score
Which is silly because Haliburton and IQ are not similar players and would have coexisted nicely, though I guarantee the reason they didn't take Haliburton was that they knew they had a steal in Quickley. We didn't even workout Haliburton according to Hali himself, so there was no interest.

The team needed backcourt help in the worst way. Barrett, Haliburton, and IQ would be a nice young core of guards. The Toppin pick made little sense at the time, even before we know how big of a project he was. Team after team passed on him and our draft room was celebrating like we just drafted LeBron.
Team after team passed on anyone we would’ve taken at that spot. Obi was a fine pick at that spot, and calling him a bust this early is ridiculous. You know who else they called a bust? Julius Randle

Reaction Score
Team after team passed on anyone we would’ve taken at that spot. Obi was a fine pick at that spot, and calling him a bust this early is ridiculous. You know who else they called a bust? Julius Randle
Randle a bust? He averaged over a double double his rookie season.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

That just makes me wonder how much of an analytics staff do the Knicks have. Cause I know the analytics guys really dug him.

Also, Haliburton needs a cool nickname

Reaction Score
Randle a bust? He averaged over a double double his rookie season.
By the time Randle got to the knicks he wasn't considered the same from when he was drafted. The Pelicans clearly didn't want to pay him

Reaction Score
I've seen enough good plays from Obi to think he will eventually be a solid player. Way too early to call him a bust. I look forward to watching him in the summer league.

Reaction Score

Toppin is buried behind Randle who is having an unexpected MVP year. If the Knicks had a crystal ball, they probably would have gone with a big guard.

Reaction Score
Toppin has not looked good, too early to say he's a bust but he hasn't looked good.

Wouldn't say the pick didn't make sense though. Nobody expected this out of Randle. I think most were hoping he bounced back a little bit this year so they could trade him to a contender looking for a 6th man. Nobody was drafting based on how they would fit with Randle at the time

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Toppin has not looked good, too early to say he's a bust but he hasn't looked good.

Wouldn't say the pick didn't make sense though. Nobody expected this out of Randle. I think most were hoping he bounced back a little bit this year so they could trade him to a contender looking for a 6th man. Nobody was drafting based on how they would fit with Randle at the time

this is a good post.

I wasn’t a toppin fan for a few reasons, and a big Halliburton fan for others.

but yeah, no one thought randle would be part of a plan to build around

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom