OT Knicks draft | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Knicks draft

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
KP is a unicorn, Knicks have no clue how to use him and he's still already pretty awesome. There is basically only a few people you would think of trading that kind of player for.

Exactly, these are the type of players you want, impossible matchups. I'm not comparing him to these guys overall, but think Lebron and Durant. You just don't know what to do with them.

I think Brad Stevens could elevate KP in a big way. One thing Brad is not is dumb.

Reaction Score
I'd be very very surprised if the knicks traded porzingis. He's likely a 20/10/2.5 guy if he keeps working. You don't trade that for a chance.

I am praying for the celts to get fultz. Make a few trades and get a few more pieces... that could make me happy

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm a huge Cs fan but I don't share the same intensity of interest with KP
Yeah he's good - real good at times - but the C's need a junkyard dog big
But if they went in the KP direction I wouldn't cry

He's a perfect 5 for Stevens' system. He'd fit right in on offense and give them a rim protector.

Reaction Score
I'd take Porzingis for the Number 1 straight up in an instant.
No doubt. Im a Knicks fan and unless the C's offered both this year and next years Nets picks I wouldn't even think about it. Oh and take Melo too please.

Reaction Score
My Knicks big board. Lots of PG and SF which are the team's two needs.

1) Fultz
2) Jackson
3) Ball
4) Issac
5) Smith
6) Tatum
7) Monk

Ouch Monk is the one guy I dont like. I dont think he handles the ball to well and hes not very tall for a 2G. We have pick 44 and 57--my hope is we can trade up if Frank Jackson stays in for an early 2.

Reaction Score
There is some scuttlebutt suggesting a potential of KP to Boston, but I think that's just because KP skipped his exit meeting.

Boston would have to be interested. Nets '17 + a player or two (Smart/Crowder/Brown/Bradley). I wouldn't do that if I were the Knicks but it's not crazy if the Celts win the lottery.

Fultz might be a stud but KP is a stud.

Bill Simmons threw KP to Boston out there as a wild idea on his podcast about a week ago. That's probably what's given that rumor some legs as far as being talked about. As a Celts fan, I think I'd rather have the team keep the #1 pick if they get it, Fultz looks like he can be on that Harden/Westbrook level within a few years, and as much as I do like KP I think Boston would end up regretting that trade.

Reaction Score
Guess i'm in the minority, and I am a Knicks fan BTW, but I would rather have Gultz than KP. KP has a high ceiling no doubt, but as I said earlier, I think Fultz could be an All Star from Day 1 and has Harden/Westbrook potential.

Reaction Score
For all of the heat Phil Jackson takes, he is one good draft pick away from building the best foundation the team has had in 20 years. Building a young foundation was always going to be a 5 year process because the previous regime traded away two first round picks. (not Phil's fault)

Phil can still walk away a huge winner.

BTW Carmelo Anthony is still the most overrated player ever in any sport. Pure garbage. I'm constantly shocked by the number of people who are fans of the net negative and think he is a superstar. What a joke and Phil's biggest mistake (unless it was Dolan's decision)

As for the draft the French PG with the 7 foot wingspan is very intriguing as is the 7 footer from Arizona.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
For all of the heat Phil Jackson takes, he is one good draft pick away from building the best foundation the team has had in 20 years. Building a young foundation was always going to be a 5 year process because the previous regime traded away two first round picks. (not Phil's fault)

Phil can still walk away a huge winner.

BTW Carmelo Anthony is still the most overrated player ever in any sport. Pure garbage. I'm constantly shocked by the number of people who are fans of the net negative and think he is a superstar. What a joke and Phil's biggest mistake (unless it was Dolan's decision)

As for the draft the French PG with the 7 foot wingspan is very intriguing as is the 7 footer from Arizona.

I like the idea of pairing Kp and Collins or a pg like fox or frenchy.

They can probably get a first for melo which could help the process. If they don't go pg at 7 im also a fan of the young PG from Texas.

Or if they do go PG at 7, try to get Collins from Wake (laughably efficient like a 36 PER, better than brow at Kentucky) and keep KP at the 5

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom