OT Kinda: Our Old Friend Warde | The Boneyard

OT Kinda: Our Old Friend Warde

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’m a Michigan football fan and right now apparently he’s not on speaking terms with Jim Harbaugh and might be getting let go soon.

Got me thinking back to how his tenure here almost put us in irrelevancy with how he handled the Big East breakup… Once again showing he doesn’t have the spine to give his coaches what they need and to stand up for them at all. Don’t even know how he got the Michigan job after the damage he did here.

Even the president of the University went to twitter to throw shade. Lol

https://twitter.com/SantaJOno/status/1615104305022869526?s=20&t=vV9eIlam7yO7Ydq5h_Xs1A

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The whole Jim Harbaugh-hamburger scandal is hilarious though and it would be kinda funny if that indirectly leads to Warde losing his job

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The whole Jim Harbaugh-hamburger scandal is hilarious though and it would be kinda funny if that indirectly leads to Warde losing his job
He’s going to lose his job but it’ll be for a lot more reasons then that. Mainly how Jim’s contract situations always carry over way longer than needed. Sounds familiar?

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Herbst and Warde were a scourged on UConn. What a disaster they both were.
I wasn’t old enough to understand how the realignment went to the AAC. Were they mostly responsible for that though?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He’s going to lose his job but it’ll be for a lot more reasons then that. Mainly how Jim’s contract situations always carry over way longer than needed. Sounds familiar?

Go look up the hockey scandal. That'll do it.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I know nothing about this scandal, but maybe an ESPN 45 for 45 episode called "Donuts and Hamburgers" is on a white board somewhere in Bristol to catch me up down the line.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
I know nothing about this scandal, but maybe an ESPN 45 for 45 episode called "Donuts and Hamburgers" is on a white board somewhere in Bristol to catch me up down the line.
It's really a nothingburger (pun absolutely intended). He took some recruits to a restaurant and gave them impermissible benefits of a hamburger, and now he refuses to admit he lied to the NCAA about it.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Every year Harbaugh does the will he/won't he with the NFL and it hurts their recruiting pretty bad, doesn't really seem like something a MICHIGAN MAN (TM) should be doing.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yup definitely that too. If the last president gave two snits about sports he would’ve been gone.

Every year Harbaugh does the will he/won't he with the NFL and it hurts their recruiting pretty bad, doesn't really seem like something a MICHIGAN MAN (TM) should be doing.
I can see why it would seem that way on the outside. But he really just does that because Warde won’t respect and appreciate the coach he is. This year it was 100% a negotiating tactic to get what he wanted. It got so bad that the President had to step in to get the deal done.

And it’s like, does Saban, Dabo, Riley, and other coaches have to go through all that? Hell Bendedict has been giving Hurley everything and more the he asks for to help him succeed. Why is Warde trying to pull the arm of a man who just lead the biggest revenue generating sport to its 2 best seasons of all time? Write him a blank check and get him whatever he asks.

Reaction Score
They’re 17th best recruiting class in the nation & coming off of 2 playoff appearance & 2 wins over Ohio State. Him losing his job would be comical

phillionaire

Reaction Score
They’re 17th best recruiting class in the nation & coming off of 2 playoff appearance & 2 wins over Ohio State. Him losing his job would be comical
Oh yeah for sure, I’m not saying he’d be fired just that him doing this tango with the nfl every year is stupid and it’s wearing on Michigan fans. He was on the verge of being fired back in 2020 and his last two years changed the perception.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hathaway was the much bigger problem and it's not even close. That guy's picture is next to the phrase "small time" in the dictionary.
And “Peter Principle”.

Reaction Score
Do they still have the former Michigan football player camped out in front of the president's home?

That Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel story showed the people running Michigan and Harbaugh to be pretty awful guys.

Reaction Score
Warde was awful at UConn. He got the job for one reason and one reason only. At Buffalo he had implemented a program to improve their APR problems that affected multiple sports. Even got an award for it from the NCAA. Susan Herbst told the Board of Trustees that by hiring Warde the NCAA would lift the Tournament ban and they bought it. Of course the NCAA did no such thing. But we were stuck with him.

Reaction Score
Ward’s advancement was largely do to the 2014 NC’s . Also the elevation of the Hockey program. He also guided Buffalo into DIV 1 snd FSB
He never liked Calhoun and did everything he would to oppose the hiring of Ollie because he was JC man.
Remember he gave him an insane 6 month contract.
He was forced into a three year after the improbable success of the 2012-13 team . 10-8 was our best Big East. Finish since 2008-9.
The 10 year KO extension was Benedict malfeasance in 2016-17 Because when it was signed KO’s problems were widely known. He made matters worst with his” for cause “ fiasco .
Hathaway had already made a mess of the football program.
The UConn bitch against Warde and Herbst revolve about us being beaten out by Louisville for the last ACC position. They were in the Caribbean at a preseason women’s tournament rather than working on getting us into the ACC. His famous quote “ I’m monitoring the situation “ didn’t endear him to Huskie fans.

phillionaire

Reaction Score
Do they still have the former Michigan football player camped out in front of the president's home?

That Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel story showed the people running Michigan and Harbaugh to be pretty awful guys.
The fact that they still have the Bo statue up is gross. He knew.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ward’s advancement was largely do to the 2014 NC’s . Also the elevation of the Hockey program. He also guided Buffalo into DIV 1 snd FSB
He never liked Calhoun and did everything he would to oppose the hiring of Ollie because he was JC man.
Remember he gave him an insane 6 month contract.
He was forced into a three year after the improbable success of the 2012-13 team . 10-8 was our best Big East. Finish since 2008-9.
The 10 year KO extension was Benedict malfeasance in 2016-17 Because when it was signed KO’s problems were widely known. He made matters worst with his” for cause “ fiasco .
Hathaway had already made a mess of the football program.
The UConn bitch against Warde and Herbst revolve about us being beaten out by Louisville for the last ACC position. They were in the Caribbean at a preseason women’s tournament rather than working on getting us into the ACC. His famous quote “ I’m monitoring the situation “ didn’t endear him to Husky fans.
Funny he got credit for a National Championship from a coach he didn’t want. Lol

Warde sure does have a knack for having bad relationships with legendary coaches huh? (Talking about the Jims)

Thanks for the back story to his time here. How in the hell do some of you all get past the profanity filter??

Reaction Score
Not a fan of Warde's but Harbaugh is incredibly thin-skinned and really a loose cannon, from his defense of the tunnel behavior of UM football players to making enemies with fellow B1G coaches to declaring "I will raise the baby!" -- it's gotta be tough being this wackadoo's AD.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Hathaway was the much bigger problem and it's not even close. That guy's picture is next to the phrase "small time" in the dictionary.

Completely agree. Total loser.

I wasn’t old enough to understand how the realignment went to the AAC. Were they mostly responsible for that though?

In my opinion as @Tenspro2002 alluded to above, most the blame falls on Hathaway for squandering momentum built on the shoulders of Calhoun running the top program in the country and our emergence as a competitive football program in the Big East.

Warde and Susan weren't the root of the problem, but they both were totally inept and steered our ship into an iceberg.

The worst quote to ever come out of Storrs was Herbst ~"we're winners who win who like winning" after Louisville ate our lunch and took the last P5 lifeline.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Hiring Paul Pasqualoni has to be the worst hire of all time. Even worse than RE II

He's the primary reason we're a football independent today

He robbed the state, then killed the program. I will never forgive that clown, or Hathaway

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom