OT Kinda: Men’s CBB Today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Kinda: Men’s CBB Today

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Don’t they run better offense in Europe though? That’s why the NBA has been trying to emulate it.

I too love UConn and it makes me really proud all the stars we’ve been able to produce with our jersey on. It makes us really fun to watch.

I never cared that Caron, Ben, Emeka, Kemba, etc etc weren’t a part of the best offenses. Did you not still love watching all those guys play?

Calhoun also said you adjust your offense to your players not vice versa if we want to pull Calhoun quotes. So there’s no “one offense fits all” style.
We haven’t produced that many. If stars are your thing rupps rafters and the devils den are this way>>>>>>>>>>>

Reaction Score
Why’s he posting here then? Its all so confusing,
Simple Man Cowboy GIF
I have no idea.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
We haven’t produced that many. If stars are your thing rupps rafters and the devils den are this way>>>>>>>>>>>
We were up there as the best for producing NBA talent under Calhoun.

I know this because I argued with my UNC friends about this often lmao.

We don’t have to downplay how good we are as a program to defend todays game.

Reaction Score
No… have you watched the NBA recently?
All those superstars and the finals ratings blow year after year compared to what they use to be.

It's impossible to think it's anything other than the transfer portal, G league, Overtime Elite etc.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Because we're not talking about knowing college basketball, we're talking about whether the modern game is better than previous generations. And that requires watching basketball currently
You don’t think someone could tell that watching every single UConn game and seeing how we, as well as other teams play? Especially with our schedule this year?

All those superstars and the finals ratings blow year after year compared to what they use to be.

It's impossible to think it's anything other than the transfer portal, G league, Overtime Elite etc.
Can we please stop saying anything without proof.

If you’re talking specifically about the Finals, yes Jokic and Butler aren’t really the biggest ‘stars’.

Reaction Score
You don’t think someone could tell that watching every single UConn game and seeing how we, as well as other teams play? Especially with our schedule this year?

If you’re talking specifically about the Finals, yes Jokic and Butler aren’t really the biggest ‘stars’.
Screenshot_20240311_214658_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240311_214748_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score

Honestly, no. I don't think you will get even anywhere close to a full view of where the modern college basketball game is by watching UConn or UNC or any one team

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Honestly, no. I don't think you will get even anywhere close to a full view of where the modern college basketball game is by watching UConn or UNC or any one team
Got it. Watching 5 top 20 teams wouldn’t give someone a good view of modern college basketball (6 technically).

Good to know.

Reaction Score
Got it. Watching 5 top 20 teams wouldn’t give someone a good view of modern college basketball (6 technically).

Good to know.
Happy to help. March Madness is coming up so happy to fill in the gaps and let you know about the star players you're not familiar with as well. Just let me know

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Happy to help. March Madness is coming up so happy to fill in the gaps and let you know about the star players you're not familiar with as well. Just let me know
I’m excited to learn about the transfer from South Dakota state that averages 20 PPG as one of the most exciting players in the game!

Reaction Score

Is any sport other than football immune from this? Pretty sure ratings are down across the board on the sports front. Americans watch way less TV now than they did previously, lots of folks have gotten rid of linear TV, and there are way more entertainment options now than in the past. Football is the outlier here.

Reaction Score
I’m excited to learn about the transfer from South Dakota state that averages 20 PPG as one of the most exciting players in the game!
I'll fill you in a little. His name is Dalton Knecht, he plays for Tennessee who is ranked #5 in the country, he's going to be first team all-American, and he'll be a top 10 pick. He scored 37 against UNC, 36 against Georgia, 39 against Florida, 32 against Vandy, 31 against South Carolina, 39 against Auburn, 40 against Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I think Juju and Clark have 3 games each with 30 or more FGAs, none with 40. Paige should honestly be on ball and shooting more like Dawn Staley said, especially in those non-conference games where they got smacked up. No expectations on them this year to make a real deep run, I would like to see Paige empty the clip and be more selfish in the tourney because that team is going to need it against non-BE teams.
They lost 5 times, to top 11 teams (currently), and they were competitive in 3 of them. They only lost 2 since the last player was lost for the season, and part of that was foul trouble for starters with no bench. I think they’re better now.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Last years team is under UConn not Connecticut, it’s weird for instance there’s BYU then Brigham Young. This years teams should be available the week of the tourney.
Doesn't really say much about the state of current basketball other than an anecdote, but last year's squad as away team on neutral court took down three of the previous four NC squads. Only Kemba beat them. All games were within 2 points.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I'll fill you in a little. His name is Dalton Knecht, he plays for Tennessee who is ranked #5 in the country, he's going to be first team all-American, and he'll be a top 10 pick. He scored 37 against UNC, 36 against Georgia, 39 against Florida, 32 against Vandy, 31 against South Carolina, 39 against Auburn, 40 against Kentucky.
His numbers look pretty similar to sophomore year Grayson Allen in the 2015-2016 season.

Funny enough, Grayson didn’t even make 2nd team All American that year.

Reaction Score
His numbers look pretty similar to sophomore year Grayson Allen in the 2015-2016 season.

Funny enough, Grayson didn’t even make 2nd team All American that year.

Brogdon was first team all-American that season with 18/4/3.

Reaction Score
just seen that the men's title game is on TBS again, that's a collective failure, put your title game on broadcast TV. last year the women's game was on ABC and it was a monster rating(Clark obviously boosted that), no reason for the men's game to be moving away from CBS.

Reaction Score
just seen that the men's title game is on TBS again, that's a collective failure, put your title game on broadcast TV. last year the women's game was on ABC and it was a monster rating(Clark obviously boosted that), no reason for the men's game to be moving away from CBS.
I don't understand it.

Reaction Score
Just priming you for pay-per-view.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom