OT: Kawhi Leonard anyone remember him? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Kawhi Leonard anyone remember him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kemba def flopped IMO when he got knocked down going back to the huddle. That's how I remember it atleast. ill take it though!

Reaction Score
Kemba def flopped IMO when he got knocked down going back to the huddle. That's how I remember it atleast. ill take it though!

That was the turning point of the game though. I'll take that over a flop any day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Although SDSU folks hated it of course, it was a smart play by Kemba. If the other guy wants to be dumb enough to throw a little shoulder bump in a dead ball situation, make sure officials see it. I'm glad Kemba is the sort of heady guy who knew time, score and situation and flopped, rather than a slave to his testosterone, who might push back - and the refs only see the second one.

I was curious to see how that play might swing things, if SDSU would be pissed at the flop or if Kemba would come out a little more angry and determined. What followed was one of the best five minutes of Kemba's career. Then SDSU bounced back, and Lamb came up big to finish them off.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
What's funny about that article, is that Wade said he still doesn't know what Leonard sounds like, because all he does is shut up and play. I wonder if maybe he regrets that technical (which took him out of the last game of his college career for a while) and made a point to never let it happen again.
It was certainly a turning point in the UConn victory but it was quite uncharacteristic of Kahwi at the time...he has also been a quiet kid with a respectful attitude. With his hussle and demeanor definitely makes him a likeable player.

Reaction Score
Seeing him in the Finals makes me sad that Kemba is languishing in Charlotte. Would have been awesome if he could have had a Norris Cole-like role on a good team, instead of already being expected to be the best player on one of the worst teams in the league. He was given more time at UConn to ease himself into the role of lead guy than he's been given in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Yes and he was a good player then and has transformed into a very nice NBA guy.........good for him, he works hard on the boards and the defensive end!

Reaction Score
If you recall, the officials took the time to go back and look at the recording before determining it was a foul. Who knows if he flopped or not? What we do know is that SDSU was playing checkers while Kemba was playing chess.

Reaction Score
If you recall, the officials took the time to go back and look at the recording before determining it was a foul. Who knows if he flopped or not? What we do know is that SDSU was playing checkers while Kemba was playing chess.

We know he didn't flop and SDSU knows he did. Neither is wrong.

Reaction Score
Here's the game against Uconn where Leonard seared himself in our elephant brains.

Reaction Score
Huge hands and high altitudes.

i was gonna also point out we were destined to lose because sdsu played in high elevations... lol that board they had was fun. Their fans nickname is "the show"

lol

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Here's the game against Uconn where Leonard seared himself in our elephant brains.

After watching (and loving) Leonard in the NBA Finals, and just now watching the first 4 minutes of this game and reading AO's comments from the New Haven register article, I'll never again criticize Alex. If SDSU had won, we probably would have been embarrassed, thinking and saying that we'd lost to an overrated team from an inferior conference that had been unfairly given a home game. Pretty credible Sweet 16 opponent after all. Quite helpful that Leonard was somewhat neutralized early

Reaction Score
After watching (and loving) Leonard in the NBA Finals, and just now watching the first 4 minutes of this game and reading AO's comments from the New Haven register article, I'll never again criticize Alex. If SDSU had won, we probably would have been embarrassed, thinking and saying that we'd lost to an overrated team from an inferior conference that had been unfairly given a home game. Pretty credible Sweet 16 opponent after all. Quite helpful that Leonard was somewhat neutralized early

Yeah that video did show me something I missed about that kid. He seemed to have some potential with good hops. Smooth player as well. Had he not been hindered by his stupidity early on he easily could have 'gone off'. It also showed that our young team even when overmatched won games we could/should have lost, especially based on our season record.

Special team, special ending giving hope to all UConn teams to follow. They was 100% Uconn blood (at least until a couple of players had a transfusion).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom