OT: Josh Boone's Blog | The Boneyard

OT: Josh Boone's Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I appreciate reading that, but the bit about the girlfriend is interesting. "No more incredible girlfriend." I certainly hope he's not in a relationship now.

Reaction Score
Good read and well written first post. Hopefully he keeps it up.

Probably speaking to the choir here, but boy do i miss those days when we always had a formidable terrific front court.. Always like Josh

Reaction Score
Nice effort, I wonder what his current self would say to the guy that just signed the NBA contract?

Reaction Score
When we had Emeka and Josh, our best shot was a missed shot because they would clean it up.

Reaction Score
He must still be making some big money, perhaps 500K / year.

If so, that's pretty nice.

Reaction Score
I appreciate reading that, but the bit about the girlfriend is interesting. "No more incredible girlfriend." I certainly hope he's not in a relationship now.

why

Reaction Score
Because it means he no longer has an "incredible girlfriend", and just has a "girlfriend". I think he's smart enough not to write that if he had a girlfriend.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
some people think about things too much on here.

Amen.

A ten-year old could have read that and known exactly what Josh meant.

Reaction Score
Cool Blog by Boone. It was definitely real and honest, but he seemed a little down. At the same time content. Again, very real.

To be honest, I don't think Josh developed a ton at UCONN. He came in good and left good, but I don't remember him developing a bunch of new low post moves while here. He was a mostly a rebounder. I only bring that up because we consistently criticize our ability to develop bigs (myself included). Boone also was coached by the vaunted Clyde Vaughn at least part of his career. So again, it wasn't all roses in years past either.

Reaction Score
down?

He is sitting in his apartment in some foreign city with no Team and no job and no more money coming in; hoping that an Agent will call with another (in a string) of assignments somewhere in this world. No matter if he is making $500k or $26,000, that is not a pretty picture on this day. He expected to play an entire season and made some connections with others on his team ... and now he is out.

Reaction Score
maybe save a little, did he use the Tate George investment services, Inc.?

Can't Ray, 'Meka, Rudy, BG, Donyell, AD or Rip show him a little love? This Blog seems incredibly stupid, like he's begging for a handout, does it have some real purpose

Josh Boone

down?

He is sitting in his apartment in some foreign city with no Team and no job and no more money coming in; hoping that an Agent will call with another (in a string) of assignments somewhere in this world. No matter if he is making $500k or $26,000, that is not a pretty picture on this day. He expected to play an entire season and made some connections with others on his team ... and now he is out.

Reaction Score
maybe save a little, did he use the Tate George investment services, Inc.?

Can't Ray, 'Meka, Rudy, BG, Donyell, AD or Rip show him a little love? This Blog seems incredibly stupid, like he's begging for a handout, does it have some real purpose

Josh Boone

I see the idiot factor is on extra high today. I would be surprised if this guy can tie his shoes.

Reaction Score
Huh? Go read it again.

I mean, it basically says I had money and fame in the NBA and banged hotties and now I'm trying to find work for $60k/year in some other part of the world.

I'm probably too critical, maybe share some real feedback/observations that can help people in their lives and careers

I see the idiot factor is on extra high today. I would be surprised if this guy can tie his shoes.

Reaction Score
Huh? Go read it again.

I mean, it basically says I had money and fame in the NBA and banged hotties and now I'm trying to find work for $60k/year in some other part of the world.

I'm probably too critical, maybe share some real feedback/observations that can help people in their lives and careers

No ...

Let me direct to you: He can make 6 figures playing basketball. He is 6 foot 10 and has limited athletic life. If he can make 4 years of NBA and 6 years International (he's in his 6th), that lets him put away lots of money and he can live comfortably for the rest of his natural life. He probably has a 15 year window at most. He isn't broke. He is just scared that the end is too close ... and he needs more.

Maybe he can't teach or work at Macy's and make $60k. This basketball thing needs to last a little longer.

Reaction Score
Honestly, I never thought he was the hardest worker at anything. Maybe he's reflecting on the fact he'd be 31-32 and making $10M+ if he ever took his craft seriously and now he wants to find a $50k gig playing in Thailand or somewhere else.

No ...

Let me direct to you: He can make 6 figures playing basketball. He is 6 foot 10 and has limited athletic life. If he can make 4 years of NBA and 6 years International (he's in his 6th), that lets him put away lots of money and he can live comfortably for the rest of his natural life. He probably has a 15 year window at most. He isn't broke. He is just scared that the end is too close ... and he needs more.

Maybe he can't teach or work at Macy's and make $60k. This basketball thing needs to last a little longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom