OT: Jameis Winston accuser tried to extort him (allegedly) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Jameis Winston accuser tried to extort him (allegedly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The thing is..Winston has acted immature...sure. He is a big kid....

But he unlike many college players on rosters, has not beaten his girlfriend, been in a drunken brawl, attacked a law enforcement officer....

He hasn't stolen from his team mates like Cam Newton.

In fact, he has never been arrested (he was issued a civil citation for shoplifting).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't think he's an 'evil' guy. I just think he's dumb as dirt. His actions show me that he is utterly clueless. Just take the most recent thing where he, though being suspended for a game, decides to dress in full pads and take his usual pre game warm up reps. Coach had to send him back to the locker room. He's probably just a first rate idiot. Will be interesting to see his Wonderlic.

jmo

Reaction Score
No, he's not a good guy. That doesn't mean he's a rapist.

I agree there....and I never said he was! But his act is growing a bit old. Hey I liked the kid but he just doesn't do the right thing knowing he's in the spotlight. Hate to call him dumb but maybe it's just that - immature? More than likely somewhere between all of those, for his sake I hope so!

Reaction Score
I agree there....and I never said he was! But his act is growing a bit old. Hey I liked the kid but he just doesn't do the right thing knowing he's in the spotlight. Hate to call him dumb but maybe it's just that - immature? More than likely somewhere between all of those, for his sake I hope so!

I wasn't putting words in your mouth, just making a point. He's got terrible judgement, doesn't come off as very bright, and seems like a phony. I don't blame anyone for not liking him, or rooting against him.

Reaction Score
And....rooting against him is exactly what ESPN wants....love him or hate him, just tune in to watch. Drama, football, ESPN ratings....

Call me a cynic...but having two dedicated cameras on the kid and showing him 48 times was a calculated bid to bring out controversy and create drama. When the trainers put out his clothes and pads, it was no big deal. Winston wasn't going to play. He knew that, the coach knew that, the world knew that since it had been announced in glaring headlines. The announcers served to whip up a public frenzy by rattling on about him being dressed out. Without two cameras being focused on him, it would have been no big deal.

Nobody said a word about Bobo Wilson who was suspended for the Oklahoma State game and traveled to Oklahoma and sat on the bench dressed out. No real drama there.

Reaction Score
I wonder who votes for the Heisman as they certainly came up two years in a row with the most character challenging players.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He knew that, the coach knew that, the world knew that since it had been announced in glaring headlines. The announcers served to whip up a public frenzy by rattling on about him being dressed out. Without two cameras being focused on him, it would have been no big deal.

Nobody said a word about Bobo Wilson who was suspended for the Oklahoma State game and traveled to Oklahoma and sat on the bench dressed out. No real drama there.

I think it was the fact that he was on the field taking his warm up reps (first team?) as if he was going to play.

Given the coach's reaction, I don't think he knew Winston was suiting up prior to being on the field.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I think it was the fact that he was on the field taking his warm up reps (first team?) as if he was going to play.

Given the coach's reaction, I don't think he knew Winston was suiting up prior to being on the field.

His uniform was likely in his locker - thats not on him - if it was communicated to the equipment managers that he is NOT dressing the uniform wouldnt have been in the locker.
I dont think he broke into a closet and donned it - not that I like him - that one just isnt on him

intlzncster

Reaction Score
His uniform was likely in his locker - thats not on him - if it was communicated to the equipment managers that he is NOT dressing the uniform wouldnt have been in the locker.
I dont think he broke into a closet and donned it - not that I like him - that one just isnt on him

Two things:

1. It was a home game. I wouldn't be surprised if the players gear is always in their lockers. And I don't think anyone would think to actually remove it due to the suspension.
2. Given the kid's prior actions, it's hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

I get we are only speculating here, so the argument itself really isn't that important.

Reaction Score
Regardless of whether he raped her or not, I'm certain he doesn't want to sit in a courtroom and have to answer questions about his involvement re: his buddies videotaping stuff. Even if he isn't guilty, it can absolutely not help him to have to drag this out. The more details that surface, everyone (maybe even the girl) is going to look worse and worse.

Reaction Score
TMZ has obtained a copy of a letter from the accuser's lawyer saying they would settle the case for a $7 million payout. I didn't want to hear any more about this story, but this does put a twist on the story.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/24/fsu-jameis-winston-rape-accuser-extortion-7-million/

This from Yahoo at 1:15PM

"1:15 Update

Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times reached out to the Accuser's Title IX attorneys, who responded to Cornwell's claims.

Winston's accuser hired two high-profile Title IX attorneys — Colorado-based John Clune and Baine Kerr.

'The facts that Mr. Cornwell chose not to disclose are that it was he himself who reached out to our client's former counsel Patricia Carroll to discuss paying off our client," Clune said in an email. 'Patricia Carroll didn't even know who David Cornwell was until he called. Mr. Cornwell then himself flew down from Atlanta to negotiate with Ms. Carroll.'"

One of the New York Papers (forget which one) indicated that Winston's Lawyer is throwing crap on the wall in advance of the Feds dropping a "Title IX" hammer on Winston and FSU. Who knows anything, at this point. Coming statement from the accuser's former Attorney (Patricia Carroll) will be interesting.

Reaction Score
She wasn't drunk, she didn't sustain any physical trauma, and she had semen from two men on her that night.

And therefore couldn't have been assaulted? Because there's no physical trauma? And she wasn't drunk?

Wow. I just.. I don't even know what to say to that. Guess what, man. A lot of women don't put up a fight because they're scared. Way more than you think. And they aren't going to press charges because people like you are like, "See, she wasn't even drunk and didn't have any bruises, so I assume she's just a floozy."

Nice.

Reaction Score
Irish Loop said:
And therefore couldn't have been assaulted? Because there's no physical trauma? And she wasn't drunk? Wow. I just.. I don't even know what to say to that. Guess what, man. A lot of women don't put up a fight because they're scared. Way more than you think. And they aren't going to press charges because people like you are like, "See, she wasn't even drunk and didn't have any bruises, so I assume she's just a floozy." Nice.

She went to the cops that night. And the NYT article said she was bruised. So I'm not sure I'm buying the no trauma angle.

Reaction Score
@Irish Loop
Nice strawman. I didn't say she "couldn't" have been assaulted. Maybe instead of taking sentences out of context you could consider the entire post.

She could have been assaulted. I don't believe she was. Neither did the state attorney. Her claims that she was drunk and/or drugged weren't supported by the toxicology reports. The NYT article didn't provide the source for the claim she was bruising IIRC, but the state attorney said she wasn't bruised, IIRC. Doesn't mean she couldn't have been raped and I never said that. But I don't believe she was.

Because of guys like you who think "he's black so he must have raped that white girl" black men will always be guilty until proven innocent.

See how easy it is to make up a ridiculous statement and misrepresent someone's opinion?

Reaction Score
I tried reading it along with the sequence of events and guess what, half way through reading, I stopped- here is my take....
I don't give a $$h*t and wish he would get drafted, grow up and fizzle out and be yesterday's headline.... so tired of the Winston's, and the Manziels
and the Ray Rices of the world....... I just want to see a win tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
@Irish Loop
Nice strawman. I didn't say she "couldn't" have been assaulted. Maybe instead of taking sentences out of context you could consider the entire post.

She could have been assaulted. I don't believe she was. Neither did the state attorney. Her claims that she was drunk and/or drugged weren't supported by the toxicology reports. The NYT article didn't provide the source for the claim she was bruising IIRC, but the state attorney said she wasn't bruised, IIRC. Doesn't mean she couldn't have been raped and I never said that. But I don't believe she was.

Because of guys like you who think "he's black so he must have raped that white girl" black men will always be guilty until proven innocent.

See how easy it is to make up a ridiculous statement and misrepresent someone's opinion?

A state attorney not pressing charges doesn't mean they don't believe the person is guilty. It means they believe they cannot get a conviction. Which, guess what -- without serious evidence, nobody in Tallahassee is going to convict a star QB of sexual assault.

I just don't understand how you can look at the facts and even imagine you know the "truth." The facts on both sides are incredibly murky. You pointed out some issues with the prosecution's case. Great.

Yet on the defense side, there are plenty of red flags. The video evidence of the possible assault disappeared conveniently. The detective suspended the case without notifying the accuser. He seemed to completely to fail to identify Jameis despite having information to go on. How many football players named "Chris" are there on FSU? Especially on file with the Tallahassee police department?

And another woman sought counseling after a sexual encounter with Jameis -- though she did not feel she had been raped. (http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...egations-against-fsu-jameis-winston.html?_r=0)

I don't know if she was or wasn't raped. But I don't see how anybody can look at all these facts and think they have any idea what really happened. Nor do I think it's wise to speculate about facts we can never know.

But the police has plenty of opportunities to find the truth and seemed totally uninterested in doing so. If I was her, and I realized how powerless I was going to be to find justice, I might seek a settlement, too. And calling it extortion is nonsense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I never said I know/knew what happened.

I said I don't believe that she was raped. Of course I don't know.

Your attitude towards my opinion and willingness to take my post out of context certainly seems like you "know" what happened though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom