ot-- j peak fakes out fans before picking gtown | The Boneyard

ot-- j peak fakes out fans before picking gtown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kind of? That's extremely disrespectful to South Carolina, his home state school that spent hours upon hours recruiting him. I can't believe his family allowed him to do that. These high school press conferences are a joke.

Reaction Score
Wow, happy we didn't get this kid, that's a ridiculous move to pull especially in front of your hometown team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He definitely torched all the bridges with that move.
I really hope JT3 sent him a message telling Peak that his announcement choice won't be tolerated at Grown.
In the overall scheme of things Peak showed immaturity that while annoying is within the realm of teenager behavior.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
He definitely torched all the bridges with that move.
I really hope JT3 sent him a message telling Peak that his announcement choice won't be tolerated at Grown.
In the overall scheme of things Peak showed immaturity that while annoying is within the realm of teenager behavior.

You must not follow G'Town too closely...this is exactly the non-sense they will put up with. In fact, look no further than the school president to see how well they play with others.

Reaction Score
His great athleticism will now be showcased (um, excuse me, I mean buried) on that unmapped hinterland known as Fox Sports Speed Channel.

Personally, I quite like what he did. It serves people right for making such a big deal of these announcements. I only wish he had done more... like mooned everyone or something. Peed on the Gamecocks hat, etc.

caw

Reaction Score
His great athleticism will now be showcased (um, excuse me, I mean buried) on that unmapped hinterland known as Fox Sports Speed Channel.

Personally, I quite like what he did. It serves people right for making such a big deal of these announcements. I only wish he had done more... like mooned everyone or something. Peed on the Georgetown hat, etc.

FIFY

Reaction Score
Wow, happy we didn't get this kid, that's a ridiculous move to pull especially in front of your hometown team.
I was thinking the same thing. I get that he's a kid and all, but it does speak a bit negatively to his character.

Reaction Score
Watch the old man at the far right. His reaction is the reaction of pretty much all the college basketball fans in South Carolina

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing. I get that he's a kid and all, but it does speak a bit negatively to his character.

You acted differently at your high school press conferences?

The whole thing is absurd. The idea of a press conference for a high school kid to announce where he's going to school is ridiculous. No wonder some of these kids get big heads.

Reaction Score
On one hand it was kind of a dick move, on the other hand, ppl today do make way too big a deal over these kinds of things. But yeah, still, it's a dick move, regardless of how pointless those announcement ceremonies are. I say if you think announcement ceremonies are a joke, don't do one, rather than go and make a mockery of it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Meh.

He's 17.

Things that a 17-year old might think are funny might not actually be funny - I'm sure western civilization, the state of South Carolina and the internet will survive his little attempt at humor.

(Edit...just watched it again. The old guy's reaction kinda makes it worth it for me....he was pissed for a while there, but managed to recover and laugh later on.)

Reaction Score
Fwiw, I have a friend in South Carolina and apparently, aside from South Carolina and Clemson, there is a huge Georgetown following down there. Don't ask me why that is, but for some reason South Carolina has large contingent of fans in that state.

Reaction Score
That guy was tapping his leg 100MPH after he threw that Gamecock hat out, made this all worth looking at. Reality is USC already knew and had no one there so probably not a big deal. Not a fan of what the kid did but it's a kid trying to be funny and slick.......just doesn't work for everyone!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Some people just can't tell a joke.

Reaction Score
Kids will be kids. But an adult in his camp should have said what are you thinking.. should have been a teachable moment. I work with 60 senior s a year and they regularly make bad choices, it is our job to help push in the right path..

Reaction Score
That was funny thanks for the post. That hat got injured on the fall. Lighten up people.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
To be honest, I think South Carolina was more interested that they snagged a ESPN U150 football recruit rather than LJ Peak. Sure they were upset, but football > basketball down yonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom