OT: Isaiah Stewart commits to Washington | The Boneyard

OT: Isaiah Stewart commits to Washington

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Mike Hopkins has been recruiting him for 5 years, relationships matter.

Cuse may increase activity with Wahab and Carrigan(top JUCO big)now, 2 players we are after.

Reaction Score
Mike Hopkins has been recruiting him for 5 years, relationships matter.

Cuse may increase activity with Wahab and Carrigan(top JUCO big)now, 2 players we are after.
Don't think we're after Carrigan now. However, Borges or someone mentioned Hurley going out on the JUCO recruiting trail sometime soon. Wonder if he'll get us back involved with Carrigan

Reaction Score
SU fans thought thst since Girafd went to SU it was going to influence Stewart becsuee they play for the City Rocks, but that wasn’t ever going to happen. Hop was going to bring him the UW.

Reaction Score
How could SU not see this coming. Hop already got 2 city rocks kids on the roster. It wasn’t hard to believe he could sway Stewart too. Now he’s on the verge of landing Jaden McDaniels too. Cuse gonna kick themselves for letting boeheim control the terms

Reaction Score
Stewart on his commitment to Washington:

"I’m not your average recruit," he added. "I could have gone to another school and been just another one of those guys, but I feel like I’m special and I feel like I deserve to go out there and I feel like they deserve a top recruit. I’m going after Jaden McDaniels and we are trying to build something out there."

That's the type of attitude that's going to get Hurley a top 10 recruit. Someone who wants to leave a legacy as the guy who brought UConn back to prominence.

Reaction Score
Don't think we're after Carrigan now. However, Borges or someone mentioned Hurley going out on the JUCO recruiting trail sometime soon. Wonder if he'll get us back involved with Carrigan
What exactly is happening with carrigan? Maybe I’m mistaken, but it seems like he could’ve been playing D1 college basketball for the last two years now and always seems on the verge of going somewhere, only to disappear from the news entirely

pj

Reaction Score
What exactly is happening with carrigan? Maybe I’m mistaken, but it seems like he could’ve been playing D1 college basketball for the last two years now and always seems on the verge of going somewhere, only to disappear from the news entirely

He has a record of fighting with teammates, criminal activity, poor academic performance, and getting kicked out of schools. He is a basketball talent but not a guy coaches want on their team.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He has a record of fighting with teammates, criminal activity, poor academic performance, and getting kicked out of schools. He is a basketball talent but not a guy coaches want on their team.

Ten pages of Google results and nothing came up...

Reaction Score

Perfect fit for Boeheim.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Stewart is really good but not as big physically (muscle and bulk) as I envisioned
His teammate Brooks is a pogo stick - love his game

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
GMac is many things. Being a horrible recruiter is only one of them.

Can't wait til he's the next HC. I hope Boeheim pulls a Calhoun and sticks them with him.

Reaction Score
Can't wait til he's the next HC. I hope Boeheim pulls a Calhoun and sticks them with him.
Wow. UCONN fans seem to hate Syracuse. Why the hatred? I am guessing it is because they are in a better league and have a better future in the ACC but hatred usually means jealousy. I respect UCONN's National Championships and respected Calhoun but seems like things are a mess there now. At least Hurly has some passion and has gotten decent recruits but the ship seems to be sinking unless the next 3 years or so show a resurgence, which it might. As a CT native, I hope they stay relevant but don't seem to be now and now with news about the athletic program losing millions, seems ominous but not yet dire because of Hurley. And for the haters, this is not a hater comment...I just notice the vitriol toward the Orange seemingly for no reason.

Reaction Score
Wow. UCONN fans seem to hate Syracuse. Why the hatred? I am guessing it is because they are in a better league and have a better future in the ACC but hatred usually means jealousy. I respect UCONN's National Championships and respected Calhoun but seems like things are a mess there now. At least Hurly has some passion and has gotten decent recruits but the ship seems to be sinking unless the next 3 years or so show a resurgence, which it might. As a CT native, I hope they stay relevant but don't seem to be now and now with news about the athletic program losing millions, seems ominous but not yet dire because of Hurley. And for the haters, this is not a hater comment...I just notice the vitriol toward the Orange seemingly for no reason.

Syracuse fans hate UConn too. Do you have an illogical rant to describe why they hate us?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
And yet we still beat you this year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom