OT: In-ground pool cost | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: In-ground pool cost

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This. Need it heated here too. Couple $k for heater, and almost that amount for fuel (we use propane)... every year. Ours is opened for Memorial Day, and closed a week or so after Labor Day. Even with a heated pool leaves you needing to get out of it.

If you get direct sun and use a darker liner color you don't need a heater. My pool hovers between 76-80 without one. Once got up to 88. Was dissapointed that it didn't time travel.

My main scourge is leaves. I have a pretty high tree canopy at one end. Pool season ends before they start coming down. Pollen and acorn seasons also suck. If I don't clear the skimmer daily it can get bad, like amazon jungle. Australian outback bad.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'll stick with nuzzi's Super Bowl Pool. Much cheaper.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
0. Find someone who has one already and make friends. Best decision you'll ever make.

We did this. They moved. Very sad. They had three kids, and he built an amazing pool with a waterslide, pool house, the works. He told me he wanted it specifically to create a social focal for the other kids and families nearby. My daughter and wife were there every day. Then they moved and we haven't been back since. An older couple moved in. They finally moved away last fall and a new young couple with kids is there, but now we're getting to be the old ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom