OT: Important. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Important.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My furnace died in the middle of the night yesterday.

Had to take day off work and furnace guy said he would be there between 10-2 .

he showed at 430. By the time he showed the thermostat was reading 42 degrees in the house. Good times.

In all serious I always drop the name "Fishy" and I'll be damned if I don't get what I want/need.

3 years ago this happened...

Dove: "Hi, I need a service tech guy to come see my furnace. There is a vibration that is loud and it sounds like it might blow up".

Chick on phone: "Do you have a contract with us, sir?"

Dove: "No. I just looked you up in the Yellow Book."

Chick on Phone: "You need a contract with us. Would you like to pay by credit card?"

Dove: "ummm...I'm Fishy?"

[3 seconds later a knock on door. Dog barks loudly at door]

Dove: "Oh, your guy is here! Thanks."

Chick on Phone: "You're welcome, sir."

But the best time ever was 13 years ago. I was at an an awards ceremony where I was up for a cash prize for raising money for a charity. I knew I was not the top collector, tho, even tho I worked my off...

MC: "And the top donation collector for the 2004 American Cancer Society's "Cancer Sucks Fundraiser' and winner of the $1,000 cash prize is Melanie..."

Dove: [from 110 feet away and way off to the side of the banquet room] I'M FISHY!!!!!!"

MC: "...I'm sorry everyone. I made a mistake. The winner is Fishy!!!!"

So, folks, if you find yourself angry at the world you need to change your outlook by living life as Fishy.

Reaction Score
Since this thread is off topic and important (like finding a unicorn), I would like to ask a serious question:

Now that Disney is buying Fox's movie empire, do they try to add the X-Men and maybe the Fantastic 4 to the Infinity Wars?? I am not actually comic book geek, but I ain't far from it either.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Here is what is important. Bitcoin is at $17k. So, any day now, @August_West can (a) buy out Ollie's contract and (b) build us a new hockey arena. I hear a chain of Arby's are in the works as well.

a) I believe in KO. Not spending my windfall on 1/2 this boards insanity
b) I might be up for that. Hockey my favorite sport. Played through high school.
c) I hadnt thought of that, but now that you mention it I definitely would be willing to take the CT Arbys franchises over and get them up to midwest and south standards. Thats only like 4 stores here. CT Arbys suck SO BAD. I wont eat at them. Only eat Arbys when Im on the road.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
a) I believe in KO. Not spending my windfall on 1/2 this boards insanity
b) I might be up for that. Hockey my favorite sport. Played through high school.
c) I hadnt thought of that, but now that you mention it I definitely would be willing to take the CT Arbys franchises over and get them up to midwest and south standards. Thats only like 4 stores here. CT Arbys suck SO BAD. I wont eat at them. Only eat Arbys when Im on the road.

Knew you'd say that for #1. I believe in Ollie too. I just wish he wasn't having an out of body experience for the last three years while the ghost of Dom Perno occupies his body.

Think of the naming rights on the area? And...you could require Arby's to get the best concessions slots.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Knew you'd say that for #1. I believe in Ollie too. I just wish he wasn't having an out of body experience for the last three years while the ghost of Dom Perno occupies his body.

Think of the naming rights on the area? And...you could require Arby's to get the best concessions slots.

I have to believe he will improve. I could very well be wrong. Time will tell. I agree that he MUST be better on the bench and as a developer and motivator of players.. If his bench coaching and recent player "relationship" issues effect his recruiting, then I will start to rethink my loyalty. But for now, Im pretty convinced that there isnt a coach in America (that would be willing to actually take the job here, that is a very important distinction to make) that could do better recruiting to here in our situation than Ollie has. Now he has to bring player management skills into the fold.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Jerry Garcia Rink at the Arby's Ice Center. Throw a Husky on this for center ice.

A77T_1_20150311297138374.jpg

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
In all serious I always drop the name "Fishy" and I'll be damned if I don't get what I want/need.

3 years ago this happened...

Dove: "Hi, I need a service tech guy to come see my furnace. There is a vibration that is loud and it sounds like it might blow up".

Chick on phone: "Do you have a contract with us, sir?"

Dove: "No. I just looked you up in the Yellow Book."

Chick on Phone: "You need a contract with us. Would you like to pay by credit card?"

Dove: "ummm...I'm Fishy?"

[3 seconds later a knock on door. Dog barks loudly at door]

Dove: "Oh, your guy is here! Thanks."

Chick on Phone: "You're welcome, sir."

But the best time ever was 13 years ago. I was at an an awards ceremony where I was up for a cash prize for raising money for a charity. I knew I was not the top collector, tho, even tho I worked my off...

MC: "And the top donation collector for the 2004 American Cancer Society's "Cancer Sucks Fundraiser' and winner of the $1,000 cash prize is Melanie..."

Dove: [from 110 feet away and way off to the side of the banquet room] I'M FISHY!!!!!!"

MC: "...I'm sorry everyone. I made a mistake. The winner is Fishy!!!!"

So, folks, if you find yourself angry at the world you need to change your outlook by living life as Fishy.

This might sound weird, and maybe I'm off ... But I question the reality of those stories.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Methinks you need to insulate that house.

Yeah. Its horrible. Its a summer lake house converted year round. It sucks at any kind of heating or cooling efficiency. It was a nice place to bring my daughter up to live (great school, living on a lake. Her High school crew team rows on our lake) As soon as my daughter graduates in june '19 . Im getting out of the woods and back to a city. Probably New Haven.

I need cement and exhaust fumes and cheap thai and ramen noodle houses within walking distance to feel alive.

I hate the woods.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah. Its horrible. Its a summer lake house converted year round. It sucks at any kind of heating or cooling efficiency. It was a nice place to bring my daughter up to live (great school, living on a lake. Her High school crew team rows on our lake) As soon as my daughter graduates in june '19 . Im getting out of the woods and back to a city. Probably New Haven.

I need cement and exhaust fumes and cheap thai and ramen noodle houses within walking distance to feel alive.

I hate the woods.

You really, really gotta spend a few bucks and get that sucker insulated.

Or go to the mall and leave a candle burning on the countertop.

Reaction Score

I hate the woods.
Your heating bill must be 4 figures each month.

Reaction Score
My furnace died in the middle of the night yesterday. Had to take day off work and furnace guy said he would be there between 10-2 . he showed at 430. By the time he showed the thermostat was reading 42 degrees in the house.
Throw on a sweater, get some insulation, and be thankful it wasn't really cold!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You really, really gotta spend a few bucks and get that sucker insulated.

Or go to the mall and leave a candle burning on the countertop.

So does CT have what MA does? We pay a surcharge on our electric bill that goes to a program called MassSaves. You call them and they come out and do a free assessment of your energy efficiency. They replace all your lightbulbs with LEDs for free, and they gave me three programmable Honeywell thermostats plus two power strips that fully shut down electric stuff like cable boxes, so they don't draw power when off (that ends up being a pain however). Then you can get insulation put in as needed at about 1/4 the market cost.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So does CT have what MA does? We pay a surcharge on our electric bill that goes to a program called MassSaves. You call them and they come out and do a free assessment of your energy efficiency. They replace all your lightbulbs with LEDs for free, and they gave me three programmable Honeywell thermostats plus two power strips that fully shut down electric stuff like cable boxes, so they don't draw power when off (that ends up being a pain however). Then you can get insulation put in as needed at about 1/4 the market cost.

I really don’t know - I live in New York.

But my inlaws live on the Cape and they did the MassSave thing - what a great, great service.

I used the equivalent in New York and it.....was not the same.

Some guy came out for $250 and made a very long list of things I should pay him to do to make my house more efficient.

New York just reimbursed me $200 of the $250 and then harassed me monthly to ask if I was going to continue with the work. Really a bad experience.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

But my inlaws live on the Cape and they did the MassSave thing - what a great, great service.

Some guy came out for $250 and made a very long list of things I should pay him to do to make my house more efficient.

New York just reimbursed me $200 of the $250 and then harassed me monthly to ask if I was going to continue with the work. Really a bad experience.
Uh...did you tell them you were Fishy?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Ooh. Doesn't sound good. My neighbor told me about MassSave. When I looked at my bill and saw how much I was paying every month to support it, I decided I damned well ought to take advantage of it. The added insulation means I keep the thermostat about 2 degrees lower than previously in the winter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom