OT: I'm a little tired... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: I'm a little tired...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
If anyone wants to steal August's wife, promise her ketchup, a proper Thanksgiving turkey and her choice of halves of an english muffin.

Sounds like the perfect open-faced sandwich to me.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You know what elses pissed me off? Oreo's . They are criminal. I noticed that Double Stuf are not really double stuf anymore. Its like single and 1/3rd stuff if we are being completely honest. And now they have "mega stuf" and these are not even what Double stuf used to be. Do they think we dont notice?

TRUMP 2016: MAKE OREOS GREAT AGAIN!

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
If anyone wants to steal August's wife, promise her ketchup, a proper Thanksgiving turkey and her choice of halves of an english muffin.
That could actually work. Turkey is (no lie) her favorite food, she uses ketchup on many things to an unwieldy degree and she has thrown a jenk muffin half at me before that hit me butter side to the left cheek.
If you are an even person about splitting bacon slices fairly, she will leave me in a heart beat . (I believe in Chefs privelege and eat a couple slices as I pull from pan, my wife actually counts slices BEFORE they go in the pan (or oven, depending on mood) now to combat that. I have ways around it though.

Oh and this one is specifically for you Fishy. You know where we buy our bacon? Cracker Barrel.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Since I have the time today, I've learned that a Double-Stuf Oreo has 1.86x the filling of a regular Oreo. A Mega-Stuf Oreo has 2.86x the filling.

I would think both are adequate. If you're looking to find fault, I think the Thin Oreos are one of the most cynical products I have ever seen - "Here is less of everything for the same price...enjoy, suckers!"

Equally deserving of outrage - I discovered today that Starz on Demand is shown in standard definition. Jackasses.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Since I have the time today, I've learned that a Double-Stuf Oreo has 1.86x the filling of a regular Oreo. A Mega-Stuf Oreo has 2.86x the filling.

I would think both are adequate. If you're looking to find fault, I think the Thin Oreos are one of the most cynical products I have ever seen - "Here is less of everything for the same price...enjoy, suckers!"

Equally deserving of outrage - I discovered today that Starz on Demand is shown in standard definition. Jackasses.

They sneakily lessened the filling in the Thin oreos to reduce the mass of the larger ones. Its an outrage. Also since when does 1.86x count as double? This a clear violation of your rights as a consumer. It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Coincidentally, I saw this on the news last night:

Any reports yet?

Reaction Score
NB: Make sure you take the brief extra time and effort to fork-split so you get the nooks and crannies. My wife and kids just slice them with a knife and it drives me crazy.

Man the stuff I learn on the Yard is incredible. Prior to reading this I never thought of taking my time cutting an english muffin.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Coincidentally, I saw this on the news last night:

Any reports yet?
My Basic B. daughter (I can call her that, she fully admits to the Basic deal. is enamored with these)

Pumpkin%20pie%20spice%20main.jpg

Reaction Score
Early afternoon update:

Still feeling a little tired. I'm dismayed at the state of daytime television. And I'm thinking about having an english muffin.
Wrong medium. Pleas post on Twitter

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Thin Oreos are for people trying to lose weight. Not everyone is as fit as yourself.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Even more deserving of outrage: My wife--and sometimes one of the kids--watching a channel in standard definition that I have told them hundreds of times we also get in HD.

Like. Every. Single. Major. Channel.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Even more deserving of outrage: My wife--and sometimes one of the kids--watching a channel in standard definition that I have told them hundreds of times we also get in HD.

X1 Platform, brah . Any channel that has HD equivalent is automatically switched to HD if tuning in to the SD channel. Sounds like it was made for your family.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Between this and the English Muffins, I suggest faking your own death and starting over somewhere else.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
X1 Platform, brah . Any channel that has HD equivalent is automatically switched to HD if tuning in to the SD channel. Sounds like it was made for your family.
You know, is it possible that was in the recent upgrade with the boxes we just had installed to replace our old ones, like a month ago when I posted about the universal remote issues? Now that you mention it, I think I remember my wife telling me that it switches her automatically now, but I just dismissed it and/or didn't listen because I thought she was making it up (you know how they do that).

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
8893 said:
You know, is it possible that was in the recent upgrade with the boxes we just had installed to replace our old ones, like a month ago when I posted about the universal remote issues? Now that you mention it, I think I remember my wife telling me that it switches her automatically now, but I just dismissed it and/or didn't listen because I thought she was making it up (you know how they do that).

There is a setting to toggle that feature on and off so if a TV is not doing it, check the X1 settings menu

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Does your TV have an "automatic switch to HD"? Check your settings to switch it on.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Never understood why they bury the HD in the 600's or whatever. Should be 1-50.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm dying to know what his handle is on the Boneyard. Thinking either huskymagic or stairmaster....couldn't be freescooter, even Jacobs is not that much of an

Just to clarify, I am not Jeff Jacobs. Although I appreciate your kind words, friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom