OT "If I Leave Here Tomorrow" | The Boneyard

OT "If I Leave Here Tomorrow"

Reaction Score
I know there are lots of music fans here.....check out Showtime Lynyrd Skynyrd show "If I leave here tomorrow" Great stuff on the band and the Jacksonville area. I love all the stories from surviving members.
Ronnie was one tough, crazy SOB. I remember waking up the morning of Oct 21, 1977 to my clock radio and hearing the news about the crash.....one of those things you never forget.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Watched it this am

Reaction Score
I grew up on Skynyrd, CDB, The Allmans, MTB.
I still have a 6' confederate flag folded up in a plastic tote in the basement.
It used to hang in my bedroom in high school. Not sure what to with it now.

Kind of surreal to hear Rossington talk about Waterbury, CT. Had to have been the Palace Theater.

Cool documentary. Nice to see Artimus Pyle in there for a bit. He tends to shy away from stuff like this. Even Bob Burns.

Didn't realize Ed King quit the band mid tour.

It would have been fun to see where they would have gone next with Steve Gaines in the fold and the energy he provided for "Street Survivors".

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info just watched it, really enjoyed it. A lot of interesting info i wasn’t straight on.

Also the pic they showed of Ronnie with Linda Blair I was curious so looked it up. Seems she was dating him at that time and liked getting in trouble with the band.

Damn they were so good

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Had never heard story of Ronnie going through airplane thanking people and saying goodbye. I always assumed he died on impact or shortly there after.

6 things we learned from the Lynyrd Skynyrd documentary

I've consistently said Skynyrd was underrated. Living in the shadows of the ABB and Southern Rock. Ronnie had that band tight and they're live shows were top notch.

Musically fun but lyrics were great. Putting out Free Bird on your debut album, when all you've done is garage bands and honky tonks is amazing.

Helluva debut studio release too. Not many bands have four songs from their debut album still going strong 40+ years later.

Gimme Three Steps
Tuesday's Gone
Simple Man
Free Bird

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info just watched it, really enjoyed it. A lot of interesting info i wasn’t straight on.

Also the pic they showed of Ronnie with Linda Blair I was curious so looked it up. Seems she was dating him at that time and liked getting in trouble with the band.

Damn they were so good

Van Zant was married from 1972 until his death in 1977. He wasn't dating Linda Blair. There were rumors that Garry Rossington was seeing her.

Reaction Score
Van Zant was married from 1972 until his death in 1977. He wasn't dating Linda Blair. There were rumors that Garry Rossington was seeing her.

I meant Rossington my bad. But mostly it seemed she just liked hanging with them to “have fun.”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I still have a 6' confederate flag folded up in a plastic tote in the basement. It used to hang in my bedroom in high school. Not sure what to with it now.

Throw it the hell out in the garbage and try to be more conscious of what that rag signifies to certain groups.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Ed King died last night

:-(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger