OT: I need a NJ EZ Pass quick... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: I need a NJ EZ Pass quick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
That's fair. But considering the fact they took $100 million from the transportation fund for the general fund, and won't prevent it from happening again, it's more likely we end up with both.

No doubt

Reaction Score
MA, NJ, NY. it's all the same. Go to a customer service center and join. Or borrow one. If you go this route, make sure you register your License plate to the transponder with the DOT. Otherwise the tag holder will get a ticket.

That's not the case. I've had an extra pass since they were first issues in NY and I have three passes which we rotate between cars and only three of the cars are registered.
Is it actually possible to leave New Jersey without paying a toll? Serious question if anyone knows.

Yes go on the palisade parkway north and you're in NY, no toll, south bound plenty of ways to get into PA without a toll

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That's not the case. I've had an extra pass since they were first issues in NY and I have three passes which we rotate between cars and only three of the cars are registered.
Something tells me this is not what you wanted to say. You have three passes that are rotated between cars and three cars are registered? That means all three of your cars are registered, so you should not have a problem.

From the MA EZ Pass FAQs (I have MA...I still have the old Fastlane transponder):
May I use / move my transponder from one vehicle to another vehicle?
Yes, the transponder may be used in another vehicle provided both of the following conditions are met:
  • All vehicle license plate numbers in which you intend to use your transponder must be listed on your account.
  • All vehicles which you use your transponder must be of the same class. For example, if you registered your transponder with a 2-axle, 4 tire vehicle with non-commercial license plates, you may only use that transponder with other 2-axle, 4 tire vehicles with non-commercial license plates listed on your account.
NOTE: Commercial license plates, including dealer plates and livery plates, are not permitted on individual accounts.

From the New York FAQs:
Do I have to set up a separate account for every car I own?
No, each vehicle should be listed on your application. You may interchange your tag amongst your vehicles, provided they are the same vehicle class, or you may request a tag for each vehicle. Only 4 tags per account are allowed for individual accounts.

All that being said, different states appear to have different requirements. It would probably definitely behoove the OP to take a pragmatic approach in obtaining a tag, especially if it is borrowed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
FWIW, the new Tappen Zee toll requires no reduction in speed. It is much less onerous. If they were to stick one of those on the 95 it would be an easy revenure generator.

(Full disclosure: I typically take the Merritt ;))

Reaction Score
Am I out of luck or can I get an EZ Pass kind of easily if I apply for one right now.
You can likely obtain a new toll pass at a service center or rest area, but whether it's immediately effective is a different topic. From prior experience, there was a day or so delay before the pass worked.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck. We just ain't a-gonna pay no toll.

August_West

Reaction Score
You guys thought I was kidding about running the booth. I don't have a sun pass and everytime in Florida I just drive like I do. About a month later I get a bill in the mail from the tolls. Obviously they capture the plate but it is never anything more than the tolls, no ticket no warning, just a bill.

August_West

Reaction Score
Pig Pen, this here's the Rubber Duck. We just ain't a-gonna pay no toll.
Lolz

i covered that song about a year ago and did the CB parts through a megaphone.

Reaction Score
You guys thought I was kidding about running the booth. I don't have a sun pass and everytime in Florida I just drive like I do. About a month later I get a bill in the mail from the tolls. Obviously they capture the plate but it is never anything more than the tolls, no ticket no warning, just a bill.

Do they arms still go up without the pass? or does your car hit them before they go up

Reaction Score
I am in indiana and they use the same system. Used to be called something else, but recently changed names to ez pass.

Here if you have the pass the tolls are half the cost versus paying with cash/credit. Really makes it worth it.

Also, @August_West you said you had an announcement regarding sheep trivia, but never dropped anything I don't recall.

Reaction Score
FWIW, the new Tappen Zee toll requires no reduction in speed. It is much less onerous. If they were to stick one of those on the 95 it would be an easy revenure generator.

(Full disclosure: I typically take the Merritt ;))
FWIW they're installing the same system on the Mass Pike. Supposed to go operational next year. Can't wait.

August_West

Reaction Score
I am in indiana and they use the same system. Used to be called something else, but recently changed names to ez pass.

Here if you have the pass the tolls are half the cost versus paying with cash/credit. Really makes it worth it.

Also, @August_West you said you had an announcement regarding sheep trivia, but never dropped anything I don't recall.

Its coming. had to finish my belt victory tour.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Supposed to be federal legislation mandating all the different eTolls be linked up within a few years. Buy a pass in any state and it works throughout all of US.

I'm way too lazy to even start a Google search and look for info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom