OT: I need a NJ EZ Pass quick... | The Boneyard

OT: I need a NJ EZ Pass quick...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I leave for VA Friday morning and just had the idea about getting EZ Pass for a smooth ride through Jersey. Am I out of luck or can I get an EZ Pass kind of easily if I apply for one right now. I they have Customer Service Centers?

Thanks.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I leave for VA Friday morning and just had the idea about getting EZ Pass for a smooth ride through Jersey. Am I out of luck or can I get an EZ Pass kind of easily if I apply for one right now. I they have Customer Service Centers?

Thanks.
Just run through the lanes

Reaction Score
I believe there are some rest areas that have spots where you can get one. Not sure if that information is available online though.

Reaction Score

Thanks.
I am not sure what state you are in, but if you live in an EZ-Pass state you can contact your states EZ-Pass office and find out if you can pick one up locally.
Here is info on NY for example.
E-ZPass® New York - On-the-Go - General Information

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
MA, NJ, NY. it's all the same. Go to a customer service center and join. Or borrow one. If you go this route, make sure you register your License plate to the transponder with the DOT. Otherwise the tag holder will get a ticket.

Reaction Score
All EZ passes are the same for NY, NJ, MA

You can purchase them from any cash lane at the toll booth. You load them up with money so it just automatically take it from whatever you load on the EZ pass

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
MA, NJ, NY. it's all the same. Go to a customer service center and join. Or borrow one. If you go this route, make sure you register your License plate to the transponder with the DOT. Otherwise the tag holder will get a ticket.
Looks like we'll stop at the Newark office. Thanks. Was hoping there would be a place in CT to get one.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Looks like we'll stop at the Newark office. Thanks. Was hoping there would be a place in CT to get one.
No tolls in CT.

Reaction Score

Thanks.
Set your GPS to tolls avoidance and you will not need an E-Z Pass.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Just add the nickle back to the gas tax. Done.
Not the way the Governor sees it. Fuel efficient, hybrid, and electric vehicles are cutting into the State's revenue. Heaven forbid.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Is it actually possible to leave New Jersey without paying a toll? Serious question if anyone knows.

Yes. There are a few smaller bridges over the Delaware into PA that don't have a toll, Rt. 1 into PA for one. Not very many though... and leaving New Jersey on I-287 north into NY has no toll.. and

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
The NJ turnpike has substantially less tolls than the garden state parkway. (If I recall correctly) Just pick your highway of choice once over the tappan zee.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
do different states require different extra passes?

Depends on the state... basically most in the midwest and northeast take EZ-Pass now... it used to be a real patchwork but is much better now.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Why would it be either/or? This is CT, there will be both, it's not if, but when.
I don't know if a miles driven tax will ever be implemented due to privacy issues, but the fact that it is even being discussed blows my mind. I would much rather have a toll on portions of the 3 major interstates or something.

Reaction Score
Hope there is
:rolleyes: As Roads Begin to Crumble, State Continues to Pull from Transportation Fund They took $100 million out of the transportation fund for the general fund, and now want to add taxes due to a depleted transportation fund? They won't even guarantee that the transportation taxes will be used for transportation. Legislators resist granting Malloy his transportation ‘lockbox’

I don't know if a miles driven tax will ever be implemented due to privacy issues, but the fact that it is even being discussed blows my mind. I would much rather have a toll on portions of the 3 major interstates or something.
already exists... MyOReGO | A new way to fund roads for all Oregonians

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
:rolleyes: As Roads Begin to Crumble, State Continues to Pull from Transportation Fund They took $100 million out of the transportation fund for the general fund, and now want to add taxes due to a depleted transportation fund? They won't even guarantee that the transportation taxes will be used for transportation. Legislators resist granting Malloy his transportation ‘lockbox’

already exists... MyOReGO | A new way to fund roads for all Oregonians

I would much prefer toll boths to mileage tax.
I dont know where you live, but I live on the shoreline.
You try to run your day to day errands over the weekend on I95 where 9 out of every 10 cars are from out of state (and usually from states like NJ,NY and PA that I have to pay an arm and a leg to drive through) they should be footing some of the state bill for repairs.

Reaction Score
Is it actually possible to leave New Jersey without paying a toll? Serious question if anyone knows.
YES , I let my GPS do the work . I drove all the way to Alexandria Va , with no tolls.

Reaction Score
I would much prefer toll boths to mileage tax.
I dont know where you live, but I live on the shoreline.
You try to run your day to day errands over the weekend on I95 where 9 out of every 10 cars are from out of state (and usually from states like NJ,NY and PA that I have to pay an arm and a leg to drive through) they should be footing some of the state bill for repairs.
That's fair. But considering the fact they took $100 million from the transportation fund for the general fund, and won't prevent it from happening again, it's more likely we end up with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom