OT -I have a wild story to share. | The Boneyard

OT -I have a wild story to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In the spirt of killing time in between any news worthy events I thought I would share a crazy story.

About 6 months ago I was walking to my car at 2pm after going to the supermarket. I heard someone screaming in the car next to me (did not sound good). I walked around my car a saw a large man sitting in the driver seat of a brand new jeep with the door open. A few seconds later a women's foot goes flying by his head and he proceeds to turn around and throw a few punches in her direction. Being the manny Boneyarder that I am I said "hell no" and rushed over to the car - opened the door as far as a could and grabed the women and start pulling her out of the car. The man then pulls a knife and tries to stab her in the face and ties to stab me as I am trying to extract her from the car- it was an car jacking in progress in broad daylight. I pulled the women from the car and eventually chased the man down the street- cops came -helicopters and all- but he got away.
The women turned out to be a 70 year old grandmother.

I got a phone call yesterday that the POS was sentenced to 30 years in prison with no chance of parol - it was his third violent crime offense. The DAs office told me that I am owed a favor from them anytime (one I hope never to collect). Sometime things do work out the way they should. You just never know what is going to happen on any given day.

Reaction Score
In the spirt of killing time in between any news worthy events I thought I would share a crazy story.

About 6 months ago I was walking to my car at 2pm after going to the supermarket. I heard someone screaming in the car next to me (did not sound good). I walked around my car a saw a large man sitting in the driver seat of a brand new jeep with the door open. A few seconds later a women's foot goes flying by his head and he proceeds to turn around and throw a few punches in her direction. Being the manny Boneyarder that I am I said "hell no" and rushed over to the car - opened the door as far as a could and grabed the women and start pulling her out of the car. The man then pulls a knife and tries to stab her in the face and ties to stab me as I am trying to extract her from the car- it was an car jacking in progress in broad daylight. I pulled the women from the car and eventually chased the man down the street- cops came -helicopters and all- but he got away.

I got a phone call yesterday that the POS was sentenced to 30 years in prison with no chance of parol - it was his third violent crime offense. The DAs office told me that I am owed a favor from them anytime (one I hope never to collect). Sometime things do work out the way they should. You just never know what is going to happen on any given day.

You're a brave man. Good going.

Reaction Score

Any chance you can have them look up if Delaney has any outstandings....;)

You know where I'm going with this right?........right?..... < Delivered like Archer >

Reaction Score
This is why I'm always strapped yo.

That's pretty intense, I think you deserve an Internet like for your real life bravery. I'd like to say I'd do the same but I always freeze under pressure. Now go use your get out of jail free card and go run out on the MSG floor naked painted in UConn colors. Everything blue and white except your (huge) balls.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

You brave sob good job!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is why I'm always strapped yo.

That's pretty intense, I think you deserve an Internet like for your real life bravery. I'd like to say I'd do the same but I always freeze under pressure. Now go use your get out of jail free card and go run out on the MSG floor naked painted in UConn colors. Everything blue and white except your (huge) balls.
LOL at this

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This reminds me of a similar story I have from a few years ago. I was at a bar with some friends, drinking and singing karaoke. Later on in the night, me and a friend of mine went outside to have a cigarette. There was a couple about 30 feet away, sitting on the curb talking. I heard a scream, turned to the couple, and saw the man dragging the woman by her hair off the curb into the parking lot. I ran over and got between them, told the guy to leave. He decided to get confrontational, got right up in my face. Pretty much immediately he backed down; I think he realized that he was only 5'6" or so and scrawny, and while I'm no SouthTampaBill, at 6'2," 240, I still would've thrown him around like a rag doll. So he heads toward his car with no confrontation.

At this time, my friend is already on the phone with the dispatcher, and another friend of mine had come outside and was comforting the girl. After a few minutes of calming her down, some lights flash on us. The balloon knot had pulled up, and was revving his engine, trying to intimidate the girl (and me, I guess). Unfortunately for him, all it did was give me the chance to walk up in front of his car and read off his license plate to my friend, who was still on with the dispatcher and relayed the information. Once he saw what I was doing, he hauled ass out of the parking lot. 2 cops showed up a minute or two later, and we told them which direction the guy took off in. Within 15 minutes, mushroom cap was in cuffs, and the cops assured me that the girl had no say and this guy would be prosecuted regardless of his wishes.

Scote, as awesome as I felt for helping to get a woman-beater arrested, it pales in comparison to what you did. You very likely saved that woman's life, and put an awful human being behind bars for a long time. Thank you for what you did, and I too hope you never need to exercise that favor.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

How did they know the perp they got was the same perp from your encounter six months ago?

Great story and congrats on being a hero.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

Outstanding bro, your def a hero. But let me guess where? Virginia Highlands? Buckhead?Gwinett?

Your the 2nd hero I know'of in the past couple months. The first being my ex of 6 years, she was the 1st grade teacher at Sandy Hook who was able to lock the door and scurry her children into the bathroom. So proud of her, like I am of you bro, good stuff!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hey Scot-e, when I read the title I was going to go all penthouse forum on you but after reading your post, I've got to say that was pretty cool. Few of us know what we'd be like in a moment like that. I think that it is pretty cool that you now have an answer to that question.

I hope the 'grandmother' was hot and duly appreciative.;)

Reaction Score
If ever faced with such situations I would hope to be as stalwart, but it's a tough thing to do when one is running in the opposite direction.

Reaction Score
My wife's cousin tried to break up a domestic dispute outside of a bar last year. He was promptly beaten to within inches of his life by the guy and his friend. Both guys are already out of jail.

You never who you're messing with these days. I'll call the cops and let them handle stuff like this, but good on you for helping some people out!

Reaction Score
Thanks guys. It was nuts- everything just went into "slow mo" when I saw him punch the women in the face- not sure I was thinking at all. The cops got DNA from the car and from under the grandma's fingernails- thats how they busted him.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Boy, some people will do anything to boost their boneyard like totals. :)

My guess is on the women's board rescuing a kitten from a tree would do about the same thing. But saving the life of a little old lady is good too.

Reaction Score
^ that's funny. I really did feel the need to share- just so coo coo.

Reaction Score

Scote-e, thank you. You are a hero.

Fortunately, you were unharmed.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of a similar story I have from a few years ago. I was at a bar with some friends, drinking and singing karaoke. Later on in the night, me and a friend of mine went outside to have a cigarette. There was a couple about 30 feet away, sitting on the curb talking. I heard a scream, turned to the couple, and saw the man dragging the woman by her hair off the curb into the parking lot. I ran over and got between them, told the guy to leave. He decided to get confrontational, got right up in my face. Pretty much immediately he backed down; I think he realized that he was only 5'6" or so and scrawny, and while I'm no SouthTampaBill, at 6'2," 240, I still would've thrown him around like a rag doll. So he heads toward his car with no confrontation.

At this time, my friend is already on the phone with the dispatcher, and another friend of mine had come outside and was comforting the girl. After a few minutes of calming her down, some lights flash on us. The had pulled up, and was revving his engine, trying to intimidate the girl (and me, I guess). Unfortunately for him, all it did was give me the chance to walk up in front of his car and read off his license plate to my friend, who was still on with the dispatcher and relayed the information. Once he saw what I was doing, he hauled ass out of the parking lot. 2 cops showed up a minute or two later, and we told them which direction the guy took off in. Within 15 minutes, mushroom cap was in cuffs, and the cops assured me that the girl had no say and this guy would be prosecuted regardless of his wishes.

Scote, as awesome as I felt for helping to get a woman-beater arrested, it pales in comparison to what you did. You very likely saved that woman's life, and put an awful human being behind bars for a long time. Thank you for what you did, and I too hope you never need to exercise that favor.

Rico Suave, you too, are a hero. Hopefully, the woman can get away from that loser, and find herself a real man.

PS: a women beater is a very bad, dangerous man. Just like the armed car-jacker. You never know how far they will go.

Reaction Score
Your the 2nd hero I know'of in the past couple months. The first being my ex of 6 years, she was the 1st grade teacher at Sandy Hook who was able to lock the door and scurry her children into the bathroom. So proud of her, like I am of you bro, good stuff!!!

WOW! You have a great taste in women!

You know a hero when you see one. There were many heroes in that most horrifying of tragedies. Glad to know your ex was among them. The world needs more people like that.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Outstanding bro, your def a hero. But let me guess where? Virginia Highlands? Buckhead?Gwinett?

Lots of bravery in tough situations.....I hope that your ex is doing okay.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
WOW! You have a great taste in women!

You know a hero when you see one. There were many heroes in that most horrifying of tragedies. Glad to know your ex was among them. The world needs more people like that.

Ya, I'm still really trying to wrap my head around what happened that day, I'm still in denial I think. When she first got hired, I'd go there and read to her class all the time (we're both originally from Danbury) But so proud of her and thankful she was ok, sadly I knew Vicky too, it's just so tragic, you'd never think something like that would happen in your own backyard...

She's a UConn Alum by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer