OT: I hate ice and snow | The Boneyard

OT: I hate ice and snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I haven't posted much this weekend. Friday night I slipped on some ice on our back (cement) steps and fell. Geez I sound old. Lots of pain the last few days. Finally went to ER yesterday. 3 cracked ribs and a little blood in the lung. But nothing too bad, they sent me home. Did finally get some decent pain meds, so I'm doing better now. Now I can get back to giving yuse guys a hard time.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Be well, Meyers, and stay indoors. More snow on the way tomorrow.

1620660_640598619340271_1025761296_n.png

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I feel your pain. A couple years ago, I slipped on the ice in my driveway, and hit the back of my head. Everything seemed okay, but I knew it wasn't good. About three weeks later, I started seeing double when looking down, which made it impossible to watch TV while lying down. Anyway, it went away after about a month, but it was annoying while it lasted, which could have been much longer.

What was the name of that TV show where they always said: Be Careful out There!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I hate ice and snow too. Spring really can't have sprung fast enough.

I am prescribed great pain meds myself, mainly as a lingering issue from massive surgery last year. All the best, and enjoy! :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Be well, Meyers, and stay indoors. More snow on the way tomorrow.

1620660_640598619340271_1025761296_n.png
Yea saw that. Not heading to work tomorrow. Can't actually bend over enough to get myself dressed yet, so I figure I better hang out another day.

Reaction Score
I feel your pain. A couple years ago, I slipped on the ice in my driveway, and hit the back of my head. Everything seemed okay, but I knew it wasn't good. About three weeks later, I started seeing double when looking down, which made it impossible to watch TV while lying down. Anyway, it went away after about a month, but it was annoying while it lasted, which could have been much longer.

Hill Street Blues. A great show by Steven Bochco who also wrote LA Law and NYPD Blue.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Hill Street Blues. A great show by Steven Bochco who also wrote LA Law and NYPD Blue.
That's a memory - years ago, my department did an anti-theft video, kind of an exaggerated spoof of Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue (which I think supplied the theme music). In any case, the program opened in a (real) precinct in Newark with the officers getting their instructions for their shift, my co-workers and I were there trying to look like detectives. The instructions ended with the noted quote, I don't know if it was added for the skit or normal.

Reaction Score
All the best Meyers. Be sure to take your meds with a large whiskey. :)
Lord Meyers, I'm so sorry! I've become a snow hater this winter too, and I haven't even broken anything.

To elaborate on Pap49's excellent suggestion, in a weather-appropriate manner: Place a generous portion of bourbon in a teacup, add a splash of sweet vermouth, bitters and a slice of orange, microwave for 30 seconds, and you're good to go... to bed. A cold weather Manhattan, sort of.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Sorry about your accident Meyers.

But I continue my long-running infatuation with the white stuff
Made 8 clean runs at Burke Mt. yesterday (Old Coach's place).
Conditions were perfect, a little cold and windy kept the riffraff off the Mt (wind chills were -8).
About to head out, the temp just broke zero.
Even my wife has joined in, now almost comfortable on Black Diamonds.

Pretty nuts for a not-very-athletic guy, couldn't even make his HS team, in his mid-70's

Reaction Score
Hang in there Meyers! Spring will arrive sometime I hope!
I don't like the snow either, I've had 5 car accidents in ice & snow, 2 I shouldn't have walked away from so I'm living on someone elses dime!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Meyers - feel better soon! Hire some kid who is off school due to snow to shovel, and give yourself a well-deserved break. (and I'd be trying Joe6cats recipe, followed by a nap, too.!) You'll be back on top of your game before the regular season is over....$#*&, it's snowing like a banshee out there right now....

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks all. Starting to feel a bit better. I can get around a little more without sharp pain. Staying home from work today, see how tomorrow goes.

It's snowing out again. :mad: Luckily I have a step-son to put to work. ;)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Instead of snow you need some fire to go with that ice, guy. Guess we can't rib you about any of your picks the next few weeks.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Thanks all. Starting to feel a bit better. I can get around a little more without sharp pain. Staying home from work today, see how tomorrow goes.

It's snowing out again. :mad: Luckily I have a step-son to put to work. ;)

Medicate...!!!

The_Macallan_18_Year_Old_Single_Malt_Scotch_1200545.jpg

:) Be well, Meyers

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Sorry about your accident Meyers.

But I continue my long-running infatuation with the white stuff
Made 8 clean runs at Burke Mt. yesterday (Old Coach's place).
Conditions were perfect, a little cold and windy kept the riffraff off the Mt (wind chills were -8).
About to head out, the temp just broke zero.
Even my wife has joined in, now almost comfortable on Black Diamonds.

Pretty nuts for a not-very-athletic guy, couldn't even make his HS team, in his mid-70's
now it all make sense

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score

you never went to the ER or your PCP? thats dangerous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog