OT: Huskies Bar Moving? | The Boneyard

OT: Huskies Bar Moving?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

I'm loyal to Ted's, but is Huskies moving? Seems that Final Pour closed based on this tweet. Could Huskies be moving to the Final Pour location? It says "bigger and better", which is weird since I think their current location is bigger than Final Pour.

Reaction Score
Rumor is that the owner of Huskies bought Final Pour. Who knows what that entails but I originally heard huskies would close down and just run shop out of final pour since it's about twice the size. We'll see

Reaction Score
Are they moving to Storrs Center?
Certainly not to the new massive place. "Next semester" is 7 weeks away. You don't build up a bar from scratch, let alone that size, in that short a time period.

My guess is they renovated some part of it to be more open.

Reaction Score
I always thought Huskies sucked. I slummed at Ted's instead.

Reaction Score
I wasn't a fan, it was really for the greek kids. Thirsties was my spot and then Ted's if it wasn't a big night and too crowded
I don't think Thirsties existed when I was there.... Ted's and Huskies were pretty much the only game in town. Unless someone had a car.

Reaction Score
Final pour was civic pub when I was there.
Penny night on Wednesday was good.
As well as thurs/fri happy hour.
Once a semester heinny night was great if anyone remembers that.

Back then huskies was the one of the best spots on Thursday for nickel night.
Not sure if that's still the case. It's been awhile.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I can confirm Huskies bought the Final Pour location and is moving over there. Found this out around 2-3 weeks ago. Buzz is doing big things :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I can confirm Huskies bought the Final Pour location and is moving over there. Found this out around 2-3 weeks ago. Buzz is doing big things :rolleyes:
So what happens to the current restaurant?

Reaction Score
man, Buzz is still running that place? Crazy. I'm guessing they move Huskies across the street, tear down or renovate the original location and put something new there.

Reaction Score
My guess - the university is moving the bars out of that area, as it will become an extension of the science district. If they redevelop it I presume it will be with something that provides better synergy with STEM.

Reaction Score
Given that the new location has seen about 5 different establishments since I graduated in '99, I can't imagine that it's more desirable than Huskies' current spot. The speculation about the campus/science wing expanding may be true.

When it was the Civic Pub in the mid-late '90's, you couldn't move from the front door to the back area/pool tables without passing through a narrow stretch between about a half dozen booths which was always a sea of humanity. Has the location been remodeled to open up the space a bit more?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Given that the new location has seen about 5 different establishments since I graduated in '99, I can't imagine that it's more desirable than Huskies' current spot. The speculation about the campus/science wing expanding may be true.

When it was the Civic Pub in the mid-late '90's, you couldn't move from the front door to the back area/pool tables without passing through a narrow stretch between about a half dozen booths which was always a sea of humanity. Has the location been remodeled to open up the space a bit more?

Huskies is moving for one reason- space. People who've been to Nickel in the past 3 or so years can attest to this too- the current establishment was WAY over-packed. Huskies either needed to add in another bar/expand their bar space or build out the building. They successfully do both of those things by moving locations.

I think this is different than Civic Pub rebranding itself as Thirsties/Final Pour too. The Greeks will follow Buzz and co no matter where they go. More space means more drinks for the kids. I would like to see all the bars move to Storrs Center though as its really the only thing that would make sense but I assume that won't happen until EO Smith moves to Depot Campus in 10-15 years

Reaction Score
Huskies is moving for one reason- space. People who've been to Nickel in the past 3 or so years can attest to this too- the current establishment was WAY over-packed. Huskies either needed to add in another bar/expand their bar space or build out the building. They successfully do both of those things by moving locations.

I think this is different than Civic Pub rebranding itself as Thirsties/Final Pour too. The Greeks will follow Buzz and co no matter where they go. More space means more drinks for the kids. I would like to see all the bars move to Storrs Center though as its really the only thing that would make sense but I assume that won't happen until EO Smith moves to Depot Campus in 10-15 years

Yes, I just graduated and Huskies was always packed for Nickel. If you didn't know anyone posting by the bar there was no shot of you getting a drink. At least at Ted's people would move from the bar after they got their drinks. One of the main reasons I became loyal to Ted's.

I hope Ted's never gets forced to move by UConn because their new spot would never be the same.

StingLykOllie

How do I change my name...
Reaction Score
Ted's Karaoke far outranked anything Huskies or Thirsties had to offer

Reaction Score
Anyone at school when Tequila Cove was in business? Used to be C.O Jones, but when it was Tequila Cove, they had $4 40s on Wednesdays. I lived at Whitney my senior year, so TC was my bar of choice back in '07-'08.

Reaction Score
Anyone at school when Tequila Cove was in business? Used to be C.O Jones, but when it was Tequila Cove, they had $4 40s on Wednesdays. I lived at Whitney my senior year, so TC was my bar of choice back in '07-'08.

Loved Tequila Cove. I was a part of the group that DJed there a couple nights a week. I'll never forget the countdowns we would lead for 50 cent margaritas at midnight.

The entire staff and management was run by students and we had a blast. Too bad the drink specials and location (at the time) destined it for failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom